BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Ignore this post it was posted by accident and not fully thought out

I agree with this.
If I see a ā€œgreat Tuyetā€ having a ā€œNuiStone that not for meā€ , I can get lost in voting.
And that is the process that should be eliminated in advance as much as possible in the ā€œTuyet canon contestā€.
(This is why I donā€™t currently include Nui Stone as an entry in my Tuyet topic.)

3 Likes

Banning the Nui Stone in the MOC portion is a way to even the field for participan who donā€™t have a Lego or 3d printed design for that. That way no entry have more votes just for having a rock.

But this rule should only be mandated in the main entry photo (the ā€œcanonā€ one). All secondary photos could have the Nui Stone or even shards embedded in Tuyet armor.

I would even go as far as banning new 3d printed masks for the main entry photo if the mask would only be a place holder.

But maybe all of this is an unnecessary precaution, and people here would understand what a placeholder is, and would wait until the art contest to see the end result.

But we are not doing that for the masks, and it would be just a placeholder just like a mask.

1 Like

As for the Nui Stone I think that it shouldnā€™t be explicitly mandated, but just kind of a suggestion for the moc portion. It should, however, be mandated in the art portion.

2 Likes

Yes, optional in MOC and mandated in art is the way to go for the Nui Stone.

1 Like

Iā€™m pleased with its implementation in the Hagah contest. Most of the Hagahā€™s masks remained the same because of it and I kinda regret not using it in hindsight. Hopefully your proposed system remains for other characters with unknown mask powers and shapes i.e. Orde, Zaria, Chiara (X-shaped Volitak)

Iā€™m neutral on Tuyet though. I think a fully equipped moc will have a better chance at winning but Iā€™d leave that up to the voters.

3 Likes

Be nice if Greg could check his emails so we could finally end this contest

10 Likes

Greg: ā€œCool fanart of Toa Nidhiki and Dume but who are the other guys? I donā€™t remember them in the story.ā€

16 Likes

Also Greg(probably): ā€œThat Toa Nidhiki should be just green, btwā€

4 Likes

Heā€™s probably hibernating.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how they approach Greg, but they should be direct: ā€œHey Greg, this is how the Toa Hagah looks, right, right?ā€ ā€œDo you remember that prime Tuyet also had a barbed broadsword?ā€

1 Like

Hereā€™s the thing about the Green argument: Technically Nidhiki is mono-green. However if we take BOADH into account he has to have silver chest armor, due to the Shadowed One never mentioning his chest being mutated. Besides that we also need a secondary color to break him up. Grey doesnā€™t work since he just looks like Matau with a weird mask and lime kinda defeats the whole ā€œmono-green thingā€ so black parts for hands and feet it is. Now add in a few flairs and voila! He is complete. Limitations breed creativity so knowing where the lines are doesnā€™t mean the picture has to be bland. Thereā€™s also more details about Nidhiki but Iā€™ll save them for replies.

1 Like

Nidhikiā€™s head and arms had changed their shape. Most grotesque of all, his lower body now resembled that of a huge, four-legged insect.

Even if you were to take this as law of the only things that changed shape, thereā€™s no mention of color, even though we know he changed color. His chestplate could still be (and based on Gregā€™s statement, probably is) a green Gahlok-Kal shield.

1 Like

Good Point. Itā€™s a little confusion how his armor would have the dye leech out of it during his transformation but itā€™s plausible. However Lhikan also manages to recognize Nidhiki while mutated. Granted Greg even mentions that Lhikan had likely heard Rumors of what happened and would recognize his voice, it also makes sense that he would recognize the unchanged torso from his former brother.

Heā€™s green, but did Greg ever say heā€™s one shade of green? Metru green and mata green, for example, should be fair game, I think.

1 Like

He said Nidhiki was Emerald, a color used for only him and Karzahani. He also says on2 separate times Nidhiki is Mono-Green

And yes Greg also mentions in the above quote that he misremembered Iruiniā€™s colors. However Mata Green is technically possible but even one of the Piraka to be Emerald.

Feel free to ask if anything is missing, I might have the quote or link

Also for anyone wondering what the order of cannon-ness is, this page is what I personally use to double check what details to use:
https://wiki.thegreatarchives.com/index.php/TheGreatArchives:Tiers_of_Canonicity

Also keep in mind stuff can be changed later if a contest forgets a quote like the Toa Hagah not all wielding spears according to Greg.

And the second one lists Lewa as an example. Who has also been described as Emerald, despite having lime green.

4 Likes

To which later he further explains Nidhiki is not Dual Colored.

And yes he includes Lewa but as with the Iruini thing he means he is Mono colored but misspoke.

1 Like