BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

That’s even weirder then. Why two random masks not on his team (that we know of) compared to the Huna?

Was it said that they didn’t recognize Vakama’s mask?

I’d imagine that the huna isn’t particularly rare in the MU, so I don’t think a toa would comment on it just because another toa happens to have worn it…

Who says they didn’t recognize it?

What makes you think that Nidhiki, or even Lhikan, would have to comment on Vakama’s mask upon recognizing it?

Reads all the posts about the metru build shoulder articulation
Smiles as he remembers his Tuyet has custom shoulder builds

1 Like

@Mechronus A point to consider is that Lhikan wanted them to find their own mask powers, and Nidhiki was probably smart enough not to tell his enemies what their powers were once he realized they didn’t know (and Krekka is probably too dumb to know what concealment means)

2 Likes

We know that Nidhiki likes to anger Toa so they attack him recklessly, so mentioning how the DHs have killed a Toa with the same mask or mocking him for not using his mask power fits with his character. Add the fact the he also used to have a stealth based mask, it would be weird not to mock him on “how a measly matoran in a Toa’s body could never master stealth, unlike him”. As for Lhikan, it’s more of a “why didn’t you say anything if you knew” situation, where it could have possibly saved his life if he had mentioned it.

Honestly that makes total sense and stays pretty in character. Lhikan never did outright tell them their powers. Same with the Nidhiki stuff

1 Like

Or is it possible that Toa Metru’s Kanohi designs are not common designs?

Maybe Naho’s mask was noble shaped and he just didn’t make the connection?

3 Likes

In this particular portion of the page, in the right upper corner, there’s 2 options: GEN 1 and GEN 2. Each directing to their own characters, powers, locations, etc.

The ‘‘Fanon G1’’ option wouldn’t be any different to the main one, but would be open to changes and additions after Fanon Contests. Which may be about character backstories such as the rest of the Toa Mangai, continuing Greg’s Velika/Red Star Arc, more side stories which may very well be set either in the past, present or in an alternate dimension like past Fanon Contests, etc.

I…really hope it’s not Noble shaped, since that would cause a huge argument over if non-standard shape is not just for the Hagah or regional variants.

2 Likes

I’ll be very interested to see what people come up with for naho, since she may aswell be confirmed for the next list (TTV said there was one toa and after the metru build fiasco with the hagah I highly doubt they’d open the Dume can of worms)

I recently threw together a very basic one, tho when/if we get to the contest I know I’ll personally want to try something a little more interesting.

7 Likes

Why is Dume a CoW and not Naho? He never even went to Metru Nui as a Toa(that we know of). If anything Naho is more likely to be a Metru Build.

1 Like

I mean, I’m already digging the look and weapon choice so the finished product will probably end up looking awesome. Thinking of entering my own though so good luck to you!

2 Likes

Found these redesigns of the Huna which may fit Naho if she’s from another region.

8 Likes

iirc there are a few greg quotes about dume “looking like lhikan” or lhikan being “based off dume” and I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun debating what that actually means for several months

5 Likes

Actually yeah, that’s a good point. We know Matoran turn into their idea of Toa, based on the Toa Metru and Takanavunakanuva, and Duke directly made Lhikan a Toa

5 Likes

yeah so there is canon precedent for dume as a metru build, it’s just never been outright stated (as far as I know) making it ripe for argument.

Naho meanwhile is pretty much a blank slated other than the whole used to canonically wear a huna and wield a hammer thing

3 Likes

Then why’d you go for axes?

1 Like

I want her to be the lhikan to gali’s tahu.

The huna just happens to be the closest thing to a metru kaukau and her once canon mask

1 Like

Hey sorry to derail this for a sec, but is it possible Dume also inspired Nidhiki? It always stuck out to me that Dume knew him by name when they saved him from the Piraka. Like Lhikan has a link establish and was probably sent for by name, but Nidhiki was an odd Toa to call out second, also considering Tuyet was with Lhikan longer, which would’ve made more sense to have been mentioned. Nidhiki was just someone new to Lhikan at that point