BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

He probably requested Nidhiki as part of the team because he knew Nidhiki was a Dark Hunter and suspected the DHs were involved.

Lesovikkā€™s team were the first Matoran to ever become Toa, so my wonder isā€¦ are their Toa looks thanks to Glatorian warriors, Orde or somebody else?

1 Like

Not necessarily. They were just the first to band together as a team.

But yeah, the first Matoran turned Toa were probably based on the first Toa, or some sort of default. I doubt they ever met Glatorian.

2 Likes

Nidhiki wasnā€™t a dark hunter tho?

4 Likes

Yeah the DHs had no idea who he was before BOADH

2 Likes

Well, not yet anyway. But he was later.

then what point were you trying to make?

2 Likes

Nidhikiā€™s future affiliation with the Dark Hunters is why Dume called him.

how does that make any sense?

Well maybe Dume read it in the stars?

Joking aside, this as far as we know is their first time meeting. Unless Dume met Nidhiki before, he wouldnā€™t have known his character. Even still Nidhiki wasnā€™t outright malicious, just sorta sketchy

2 Likes

Easy, Dumb knew that Nidhiki was gonna be a DH, so he wanted him in Metru Nui for the Toa-Dark Hunter War.

1 Like

how tho, and why intentionally pick a guy if you know heā€™s destined to betray you

1 Like

The same reason Onewa kept Ahkmou in Po-Koro. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I think a much more reasonable explanation is that dume simply hand picked the mangai and nidhiki happened to be a toa he was aware of and felt could protect metru nui.

3 Likes

Rac, quit trolling. Student, donā€™t feed the troll.

I think he singled out Nidhiki just because he was the other Toa sitting on the window sill with Lhikan and not floating on a Vahki in the background. He might have known Tuyet, but she was further away and possibly harder to recognize.

5 Likes

ā€œThese eleven Toa came from many different islands, and while some had been members of Lhikanā€™s team in the past, the rest were summoned by Lhikan to answer Dumeā€™s call and fight against the Kanohi Dragon, which the Dark Hunters had unleashed on Metru Nui.ā€ Toa Mangai - BIONICLEsector01

Dume did tell Lhikan to summon certain Toa. Either that or Lhikan somehow knew the names of the Toa he wanted to call

1 Like

Since the ā€œsouthern hunaā€ idea is passing around, Iā€™d nominate this for a fitting shape.
20210606_101020~2

9 Likes

What about the 2 Glatorian pilots within? They were mentioned in Reign of Shadows, i also heard they died due to the Great Cataclysm.

He went in a dark path after the battle agaisnt Tuyet ocurred with Lhikan over the Nui Stone, he then betrayed the Toa Mangai while negotiating with Lariska by having the Dark Hunters cornering them in one spot by the numbers until Naho arrived in time with an army of 1000 Toa or so. Hakann told Lhikan about Nidhiki and Lariskaā€™s deal in exchange for the makoki stone (i think that was). After the defeat of the Dark Hunters, Lhikan told Lariska to take Nidhiki with him and never come back after he pretended like he did nothing wrong. Nidhiki became an insectoid looking being after Roodaka blasted him with a rothuka spinner of mutation when she revealed the plan to The Shadowed One to gain his trust and training. And was a move to make sure Nidhiki never leaves Odina, for being ugly and scary to others. Once a Dark Hunter ALWAYS a Dark Hunter.

I dunno; the wording doesnā€™t say that Dume chose them, just that they ā€œanswered the callā€. Could be Dume just called for a bunch of Toa, probably specifying Ice Toa since Lhikan brought four of them. Neither the encyclopedia nor Legacy of Evil says either way.

They were in stasis in a room no one from the MU was ever supposed to access. Plus, when the Hagah find them, Miserix specifically says heā€™s never seen anything like them.

5 Likes

We donā€™t know this.

What we know is that Dume saved Lhikan as a Matoran 17,500 years ago and later ā€œhad a handā€ in him becoming a Toa, but that didnā€™t happen until over 10,000 years later.

This is a pretty wild assumption, but it also doesnā€™t really answer the original question of how Dume knew Nidhiki. Dume didnā€™t summon Nidhiki because of ā€œDark Hunter reasonsā€, he did it because the city needed protection.

Whether Dume wanted protection or because he wanted to connect Nidhiki with the Dark Hunters (which is, again, a completely baseless and couterproductive assumption), it doesnā€™t tell us how he knew Nidhiki in the first place.

Thatā€™s not what I get from that quote.

My understanding, based on the sources attached to that statement on BS01, is that Dume asked Lhikan for help, and then all of the other Toa were recruited to the cause strictly by Lhikan. Also, some of the Toa were already on Lhikanā€™s existing team when the call came, and we can gather from The Many Deaths Of Toa Tuyet that Tuyet was likely one of these Toa.

Excerpt

Lhikan nodded. ā€œThereā€™s been another death. Tuyet, I know you donā€™t like Nidhiki, so I left him behind. You and I have been friends for thousands of years. Weā€™ve traveled together, fought together, and once almost died together. If you know something about whatā€™s going on, you have to tell me.ā€

EDIT: Actually, we canā€™t; other parts of that story suggest that Tuyet came to Metru Nui directly from her homeland without much involvement from Lhikan. Itā€™s possible that they could have been friends while still being on separate teams, and that the near-death experience came at a time when Toa were more organized, and cooperated with other teams as referenced in No One Gets Left Behind.

4 Likes