BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Ok so here’s what I’m thinking:
1). Nidhiki was a part of Lhikans pre-Mangai team, just a recent member compared to Tuyet. EDIT: Or just a Pre-Mangai member
Or
2). Dume knew Nidhiki some other way, potentially being his inspiration.
Or
3). Tren Krom told Dume

I know all of this my guy, we’re talking about when the mangai first came to metru nui, before any of this happened

1 Like

There’s one more possibility.

The Toa were once far more organized. Aside from that Greg Quote, this is also hinted at in No One Gets Left Behind, and is somewhat implied in the ease with which Metru Nui gets mass reinforcements in the Toa-Dark Hunter War.

As the leader of one of the most important cities in the universe, and as a former Toa, it seems well within reason that Dume was up to date on the goings-on of all the Toa, whether or not he had ever met them in person.

4 Likes

The stars told him. We know from Greg Quotes that Nidhiki was destined to turn traitor and die. And we know Teridax was able to read the stars when pretending to be Fume and saw the Metru destined to be Toa, so it stands to reason that Duel could read them too.

Never.

seriously, how many different ways can my phone autocorrect the same name? I swear it comes up with different ones each time.

1 Like

I just think like this. Dume said to lhikan, “Hey, Metru-nui is being smashed by superdupergreatbigdragon, can you help us? Besides your team, I think you need a few more Toa,” and informing lhikan of the location of the nearby island.
lhikan randomly recruited toa from nearby islands. someone who toa of a air on the tren krom peninsula responded happily to the request because he hated his home island, which he was fed up with.

5 Likes

Yeah this was also what I was thinking. Nidhiki was just recruited because he was needed.

1 Like

oof
poor Nidhiki

I don’t know why I didn’t just post this yesterday, but I already made this piece a while back:

[Link Deleted]

Let me know if there’s any issues with connectivity or anything else; I’m not sure if I shared everything properly.

EDIT: I deleted the link due to issues with the part. An updated link can be found below.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to make some renders with it soon. Here’s what I was doing in the meantime, to try and make it like the set connection:

Not sure how I’ll attach the spikes to the arms with the tow ball connection but I’ll find a way
EDIT: Tow Ball connection doesn’t seem to work for me.

1 Like

Is the axle connection working?

No, it’s clipping through instead of connecting. Sometimes you can get it in the right position, but rarely.

I just tried it myself, and none of the connections are working for me now either.

I’m going to rebuild the part from scratch.

1 Like

No worries, can’t wait to see a working version. Also I managed to finagle it and get a working shot which I’ll show below after rendering…

1 Like

I like that custom left arm for Nidhiki, very original and menacing-looking!

@Mechronus

Here it is:

This is actually better than the previous version; there’s now a surface to conceal the back end of the socket, there’s no discontinuity in the axle, and the spacing of the connections is far more accurate.

Again, let me know if there’s still any issues.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll update you once I manage to get back to my computer. Also could you make a version with a pin in the middle and axle on bottom? That way it could work with the Gear function as well.

Do you mean with or without? The current axle version already works with the gear function.

Here’s a pin-only version if you don’t want the gear function:

6 Likes

Oh thanks that’s another useful piece. But the piece I meant was the one in the original image:
3dprint___towball_sockets_with_axle_pin_by_vahki6_dcwsdut-pre

Apparently the pin part holds the arms in place just enough that you can pose them, but not too much to stop the Gear function

Actually I’m not so sure about the longevity of this piece. It looks a little fragile

3 Likes

Bukkey added this black piece on the leg from the right to attach the tube, it looks like it’s a 3x axle rod with a 1x pin rod in the end.

By elongating that axle rod side to 4x and changing the 1x pin rod to a towball socket connector, it would work for gear function also.

2 Likes

It’s also not really practical as an actual piece; any hybrid axle-pin requires a stopper disk between the axle and the pin, but that would prevent the piece from sliding into the Metru torso.

Also, any pin connection requires slight, temporary deformation of the ends of the pin, but that can’t happen if they’re merged into the axle.

I still made it though:

3 Likes