BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Hmmmmmm.

2 Likes

Care to elaborate?

Not very much to elaborate on.

3 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know if it was a direct response to somebody or a vague comment.

They’re both canon, but the art is more canon. It’s as simply as that. Just like LEGO set Tahu Nuva is canon, but his depiction in Mask of Light is more canon, per Greg.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure what their point is. Oh no, the set will be alongside the art instead of solely the art. We all knew this.

1 Like

I’m perfectly fine with it. Bendryx has inspired so much art and so many fan builds already. If she never existed I very much doubt I could say the same for any other entry. Really, she’s a fantastic entry and I hope she wins so we can see even more creations by the community.

Also, I saw someones and my own’s posts get deleted? Seemed weird but if it was decided it was off topic that’s okay.

1 Like

Thank you for throwing shade. As for everything else you said that’s a valid opinion to have but you need to expect to get backlash from others for such an opinion. Just a heads up not trying to start anything. Stay safe everyone

1 Like

Posts will sometimes being hidden if they receive enough flags until staff can look over them. Kind of like YouTube, though you should get a notification.

His level of involvement in these is the same as in the past.

That would fall under this category:

That quote of mine is my bad. What Meso said is correct.

Noted

I don’t mean to be incredibly rude or anything. I just cannot say the same for the others. They haven’t inspired as much art, and I found most of them to not resemble what I though Helryx would look like. In my eyes, they just are not as striking, do not leave as much to the imagination.
But that is my opinion, and I too do not wish to start anything. Thank you for asking others to stay safe.
@Eljay Makes sense. I got no notification but I guess it’s just taking a while.

1 Like

So there are some knight’s kingdom armor pieces that are like a speckled dark silver, for lack of a better term. They basically have dots of glitter on top of a silver color. Are we allowed to use paint to replicate that on a piece, or does that not count as a monotone color?

1 Like

My point is precisely in Eljay’s reply. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only thing I inquired about was the inconsistency between his and Mesonak’s quote. There is no “gotcha”, no ulterior motive, and certainly no implication that I prefer the art alone, or the set alongside the art.

3 Likes

unknown
GG everyone. Bendyryx has won, the time is over! Congrats to all that entered.

5 Likes

Congratulations everyone, what a wonderful poll!
EveryBraveAlaskajingle-small
I can’t wait to hear the results! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Absolutely, positively, dangerously based.
In all seriousness, congratulations to everyone. Remember, the votes have to be checked for any duplicates!

7 Likes

I can’t wait for the art portion!

6 Likes

tito clapping
Thanks to all who voted, and congratulations to the winner!

4 Likes

GG everyone. Now we wait for the art contest.

Let’s just hope it’s not as polarizing. Hoo boy.

1 Like

Hooray! Entry 6 won. :smiley: GG, everyone