Hi guys, Coolio here and as of today I will no longer be on a hiatus. So I would like to discuss an important topic that is probably brewing throughout the community. My friend AllstarGabe started a topic about how G2 sucks. So I thought, G1 vs G2. This is something I want to mention because, Bionicle 2016 sets are going to be released. This is a topic that, again, has been brewing through the community. So let us begin. I will discuss the pros n' cons about the books, media, the story, and as such, the sets. So let us begin with G1.
G1 was great, I admit, and the system was perfect, because you could also use regular Lego system sets with it. The movies and books were okay, not the best. But this gave G1 a popularity increase. I must mention some of these are my opinion.
1. The media: songs from official bands like Move Along, were great. The movies were not as much. However they were popular for younger kids. Then, the mini movies and commercials were amazing, mostly the Toa Mahri mini movie, which got me into Bionicle.
- Books: I own every Bionicle book, including the comics, and they were GREAT!!! They followed the main story, with additional details that was not mentioned on Bioniclestory.com
3.Sets: They were cool, and very popular, but I express disdain toward the use of the Inika build since 2006, which was pretty boring.
1. Breakage of sets: this was one problem most kids would go through. However I talk about 2008-2010, because Bionicle reintroduced the hand sockets and joint sockets and they were a different shape. These broke more easily than the 2001-2007 sets. (Except the sets with lime green from 2007 who broke very easily).
- Complexity: the story was so complex and it was hard for younger kids to understand.
There were words they probably could not pronounce. Like kanohi, for example. Or the names of the kanohi masks. It was that complex.
Now onto G2. G2 is a different story. It is easier to understand, and it used CCBS system, with new pieces.
CCBS: unlike G1, G2 used Hero Factory's CCBS. The complexity of the builds were a bit harder, but worth it. Also the sets would not break on you.
Easier for children: What I mean by easier for children is the story. It was not as complex as G1, and it was a bit easier to follow.
Media: The episodes were good, and enjoyable. I do not have much for this, because Journey to One has not been released yet.
The books were written in a similar style to G1, so I do not have much for this, yet again.
- Price: this is the one con for G2. The price! The price of a Toa set today, $20, is the price of a titan, like Axonn, for example. The matoran of 08' were $6, about. The Protectors are $10! That is a bit above the price for a Toa Metru, which was about $7. This is very saddening. But then again, the amount of pieces are what make up for the money.
So thank you, this is something I also want your opinions on, and not just mine. Thank you again.