BIONICLE G2 Story Theories/Analysis Topic

I was actually just trying to make a joke. The Legend, Reborn!

But, seeing what you’re saying, perhaps if this is a continuation, they could at least mention the Glatorian. But, they don’t have to make them sets.

Yeah, I realize that some fans, such as yourself, seem to like the Glatorian. I never really cared for them, but they where there, so I could not really change that.

Seriouslly, though. Let’s get onto the point about the island of Okoto. It seems to me that it takes a few similarities to the island of Mata Nui, and also has it’s own mixed culture of Aztec and Chinese. Look at some of the buildings, and how the Protectors act everyday.

2 Likes

I agree, I could live without Glatorian 2.0.
Speaking of the setting, Okoto takes some extremely obvious design cues from Mata Nui. It does seem much like an ancient city, though, rather than the tribal villages from '01. I kind of like this. It reminds me of Athens, or like you said, ancient Chinese/Aztec. This concept art especially stands out to me:

3 Likes

Now that I think of it, it seems they are taking elements from all three you mentioned, and are making Okoto it’s own unique civilization.

On the stone pillar in the image above, right over Onus, there is some sort of image. Does anyone have a theory as to what it is?

Looking closer now it might just be of the new head piece. But does anyone disagree?

1 Like

The new Makuta reminds me of Vladak. I guess Bionicle Autopsy: What if Bionicle Never-Ended :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s hard to tell what specifically, but I can agree that there is something of significance there. It’s more than just a shadow or the rock’s natural shape is what I mean.

My completely unlikely idea on how alternate timeline is created- Mask of life wearer fires blast at mask of time which is worn by an opponent. Thus bringing life to a new time line. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here’s my question: Now that we know who the Protectors are (which are the village elders) what will they do? What part will they play in BIONICLE 2015?

Whenever we’ve had 6 specific matoran or turaga before, they’ve either been some supporter of the Toa who help them along in their quest OR they have some key or tid-bit of info. Probably the later, like how to awaken what’s-his-name or where the masks of power are.

I dunno. This looks pretty suspicious to me:

Most likely they do know info about the masks or something, and will help the Toa along the way.
But they seem to be looking over some type of grave, or perhaps the sleeping body of Ekimu is in there, and they vowed to protect it.

And there seems to be some type of prophecy, too.

2 Likes

IDK why, but this reboot seems a lot like LOTR to me, which is a VERY good thing. What made me think of this most was the picture the protectors around the tomb/ fancy bed thingy and I immediately thought of, “seven rings for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone”…

1 Like

The last picture looks like skull spiders attacking and the toa being summoned by the protectors.

Possibly. I feel as if we’ll get a story close to Tale of the Tohunga on the first episode, but with the elders instead calling upon the Toa instead of a Matoran.

That fits my theory. :smiley:

So the Skull Spiders came from underground, so it seems. Doesn’t that resemble the HF Jumpers from Invasion from Below?

What tells you that they came from underground? That’s just the style of the cave carvings.

I don’t know. It just seemed like it. The carvings of the Skull Spiders do remind me of the Jumpers, though.

1 Like

Eh. I like to think of the Skull Spiders as different than Hero Factory, especially with the heavy use of Technic pieces for the legs.

I the the Lord of Skull Spiders looks a BIONICLE set, but I see traces of the Jumpers in his minions.