BIONICLE Headcanons

I think first and foremost it would require a wave of the “Bionicle physics” wand to patch over the scientific holes everyone was pointing out back in the day

Beyond that, I always imagined it as a broad overlap. Vibrating an object to generate heat, or stilling the atoms to freeze it; telekinesis-like ability, similar to how a Toa of Gravity could simulate telekinesis with gravitic rearrangement; could reroute water flows, or generate earthquakes -maybe the Great Beings made them as a counter weight to the other Toa, giving them a broad scope of capabilities wrapped into a single power set, in case some buggy software made them a threat. An anti-Toa that was, themselves, a Toa.

They could also spontaneously absorb all momentum, bringing an object to a halt, or transfer that momentum from one object to another. For example, my buddy Toa Voriki is falling from a great height. I take her momentum, so she lands gently on the ground, and transfer it to our enemy, launching him into the sky at terminal velocity. A few unique functions, a lot of slight overlapping abilities, and plenty of room for further evaluation

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about the microscopic or atomic scales of application; that’s certainly an interesting idea, especially when the same abilities can be used essentially-telekinetically. It’s not like any of those powers are unique, but there’s not really anything that lets you do all of them.

I feel like transferring kinetic energy is kind of pointless if you can also absorb or create it. Perhaps transferring would be easier?

2 Likes

That was my train of thought as well. Essentially cutting out yourself as the liaison, which conserves your energy, as well as affording yourself a quicker reaction time

1 Like

Because of this, I’m convinced that, at the very least, Energy Transfer would make a good Kanohi power.

1 Like

The GSB and the EPE would have a Kaiju-style fight at some point

2 Likes

it is very interesting thought where can I get into the lore of hero factory?
(replying to btmomeger)

@Krelikan yep sorry your right

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

You could instead hit the Reply button on btmomegar’s post, or @ them as such:

@btmomegar @anime_athena

1 Like

Others would not have followed mutrans orders. Makuta follow their leaders orders and strenght. Mutran had neither.

1 Like

he could just mutate them into somthing that would

1 Like

I totally agree.

Oh new headcanon, Bo-Matoran colors are typically green and brown, and the green/blue scheme is a regional variant

2 Likes

I agree that brown should be in there, but I also like the green and blue.

Maybe green and blue as primary/secondary (in any order) and then brown as tertiary with an assortment of bright, flowery colours as highlights.

I’m sure there’s also be regional variants with different colour balances; Plantlife seems like an Element that would have some pretty diverse colour variation.

Speaking of colour schemes, what would you choose for your hypothetical Element of Kinetics?

I’m thinking something bright, and I would want it to be entirely distinct from any existing colours. Pink and yellow?

3 Likes

I think I agree with that, I never liked the idea of strict color codes; any given element has been represented by a variety of combinations over the years and, as Greg always said, the sets take precedence.

Pink and yellow would be great. Definitely pink, the only reason that was dodged was because of target audiences and social stereotypes. The in-story Bionicle community would have no human reason to avoid that color and I’d love to see it present in story.

I’ve always wanted more turquoise and purple in story, but purple typically goes to Gravity and turquoise blends a little more with Air/Water/Plantlife. I’m inclined to just go ahead and agree with you, pink and yellow are a home run.

2 Likes

Or brown and pink. That combo would be interesting.

2 Likes

I feel like purple and pink are close enough that they could be lumped together in the Kinetics colour scheme.

There’s also a tiny bit of overlap between brown and yellow. Honestly, we could be pretty liberal with colour definitions here, since there’s not really any risk of accidentally replicating an existing colour scheme; no existing Element has anything even remotely similar to yellow/brown and purple/pink.

EDIT: Actually, yellow with a sufficiently reddish pink/purple could look like Fire. That’s still a pretty specific case, though.

3 Likes

I’m with you on that. Pink and yellow primary, with purple and brown being secondary variations

2 Likes

The Energized Protodermis Entity was the true final antagonist of the whole Bionicle story.

5 Likes

Yes. I want to know what exactly it was and why it decided to come to the surface. I can see the GSB being at odds with it.

Here’s an adjacent headcanon: Anonna was changed by the EPE, that’s why she had the ability to give dreams to the GBs instead of just taking them. That’s the first domino that set the whole story into motion

5 Likes

One of my personal headcanons is that Tahnok-Kal, Nuhvok-Kal and Pahrak-Kal have the correct color krana-kals, rather than the ones included in their sets. The colors should be:
image Pahrak-Kal
image Nuhvok-Kal
image Tahnok-Kal
The colors match them so much better than what we got in the sets.

3 Likes

What would be the Entity’s antagonistic motivations?

I would definitely have liked to see the Energized Protodermis Entity return to the story, especially after the context of the Core War, but I’m not sure if I can see that being the final conflict of the story.

3 Likes

Its goal is to terraform Bara Magna, which would result in widespread destruction and mutation. For this reason, it was banished to the core of the planet in ancient times, now forgotten even by the Great Beings.

5 Likes