BIONICLE Headcanons

Some God-Emperor vibes

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think that part of it contradicts too much, my concern was just with the idea of Mata Nui’s “brain” dying. If that happened, how did his mind end up in the Ignika?

When Matoro sacrifices himself, the Biomass comes back to life in front of Makuta’s “Throne.” Then Teridax just uses his power to tear Mata Nui’s consciousness from its “body” and sends it into the Ignika.

1 Like

I had always assumed that the Core Processor was a purely mechanical construct, otherwise how would Mata Nui’s “spirit” get transferred into an inanimate mask? My theory is the Ignika has its own processor, like the Core Processor, only it’s scaled down and far more technologically advanced. When Mata Nui takes control of the prototype robot, we don’t get to see its processor either, all we see in Glatorian #6 is MN’s Glatorian body disintegrate into sand in a control room. Presumably you don’t need a body to control it, and yet there are visible controls implying it can be controlled manually too. The Ignika is then seen floating outside of the prototype robot (it magically teleported a tremendous distance) to inform Tahu of the golden armor in Glatorian #7. Then at the end of the issue, Mata Nui brings life back to Spherus Magna without the Ignika, then his spirit goes back to the Ignika, and then he passes on. I do like @Lorentz’s organic brain theory though. We do know that the Ignika can restore life to organic material which lends credence to the idea that the Core Processor is a living organism. It restored Mata Nui’s “brain” when it was activated a tremendous distance away by Matoro. Then it had to manually be taken to Karda Nui to activate the robot’s “heart”. It’s very strange how the Core Processor and the Ignika work.

2 Likes

Just had a new headcanon. Who here has heard of the Matoran alphabet for Danish, Swedish, Russian, or Polish?

Images

Taken altogether, there’s 57 unique glyphs seen in canonical media. The 26 English Matoran letters, the simplified Voyan Y and K, the three Danish letters, two Swedish letters, 16 Russian letters, and eight Polish ones (the same glyph is used for Swedish Å and Polish Ą).

Now, the headcanon - what if the other languages in the Matoran Universe utilize these other glyphs? We know the Skakdi have their own language, as well as the Visorak, Zyglak, flying Rahi, and Keetongu’s species. Of these, the Skakdi are most likely to use written language that resembles Matoran. I like to think each major species has its own language, especially due to the era of the League of Six Kingdoms, and the Matoran language is a lingua franca. I think it’d be neat if these other existing and hypothetical languages could use some of the 31 unused Matoran glyphs.

6 Likes

ooh ooh I have

ooh, sounds interesting

3 Likes

Exuse me if this sounds like some weirdo crackpot theory but it got me thinking.

So it’s established that beings can create an ‘imprint’ on their masks if they wear them for long enough. That’s why Jaller and Takanuva are revived via their kanohi having their imprint.

The Inika Matoran found a Suletu on Karzahni that belonged to a long dead Toa. So I assume that the other kanohi Karzahni gave to the other Matoran also come from deceased Matoran or Toa.

The Red Star is a device that is supposed to revive Matoran universe inhabitants but has malfunctioned for whatever reason.
So when the Inika turned into Toa via the lighting from the red star the sentience from the beings trapped on the star were pulled and gravitated towards their old masks via the imprints.

So when the Inika’s organic kanohi were lost when they transformed into the Toa Mahri the sentience from the masks returned to the red star.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t call this crazy at all. I’ve actually had the exact same theory before, that the sentience of the Toa Inika’s masks came from beings trapped on the Red Star. I just didn’t make the connection that the sentience might have come specifically from the previous owners of their masks, but that would definitely make sense.

Perhaps the Toa Power for the transformation came from previous Toa as well.

The only thing that might not make sense is that the “imprint” on Kanohi is said to fade away fairly quickly, but this is already a pretty unique circumstance; I don’t see why that rule couldn’t be bent a little. Maybe the remaining imprint isn’t strong enough to revive the beings, but it’s enough to draw them to the mask.

5 Likes

… these actually sound pretty cool.

Now I’m wondering, if Jaller had kept Lhikan’s Hau and it was transformed into an organic mask with sentience, would it be Lhikan’s voice talking to Jaller?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the masks can talk to the Toa Inika, but that would be ridiculously cool regardless.

2 Likes

It’s my belief that Bad Guy 2008 is the rahi-matoran hybrid.
-edit: It is also my belief that Vakama’s vision is granted by mata nui

2 Likes

I’ve never really liked Greg’s answer that armour in the Matoran Universe is coloured by dye. To me, it makes way more sense that armour, and protodermis in general, would operate on the same principle as Kanohi, where it automatically adapts its wearer’s innate colour scheme upon being worn.

This could even explain why some weapons take on their user’s colour.

An important part of this “alternate theory” is that it only applies to standard metallic protodermis, which is somewhat necessary for it to fit with the rest of the in-story information; the Toa Hagah’s precious-metal armour didn’t take on the Toa’s natural colours, and the Toa Nuva’s Protosteel Adaptive Armor kept its updated colour scheme.

5 Likes

Head canon: The dye is made by repurposing faulty Kanohi, grinding them into a powder that is used as a dye on armor that matches to that user

3 Likes

In my headcanon if Miserix ever saw Kardas Dragon he would be in awe.

In The Crossing, Gresh has what seems to be a vision of Mata Nui’s arrival. Headcanon: this is the result of one of the Great Beings experimenting on him, giving him visions of the future, similar to Vakama.

1 Like

In light of Greg leaving Lego and the canon contests coming to a screeching halt, I’d like to imagine that all past moc entries, the colossal and tiny, the intricate and low-effort, the ones I loved and, yes, even the ones I hated, exist to some capacity in one of the many infinite Bionicle universes.

2 Likes

That’s actually a really nice headcanon

Everyone has their own au

No, the orange kraata is the kraata of speed and shoes, zooming across spherus magna and granting anyone who catches it fabulous shoes of speed

Kraata-shoe

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

3 Likes

Headcanon: City of Silver Dimension is a part of Red Star.

1 Like