BIONICLE Headcanons

I don’t know why, but I love the idea that Marendar could be reasoned with and made to overcome his original programming.

3 Likes

Yeah me too. That would certainly be interesting

1 Like

The various sapient rahi were created by the Makuta to serve as spies, though such plans and intentions never properly worked, as the rahi still possessed animalistic tendencies and urges which made them difficult to control without the use infected Kanohi.

2 Likes

The Turaga were aware of the eventual coming of the Toa Mata thanks in part to Vakama’s visions, which also aided them in formulating many of the prophesies they would use to give the Matoran of Mata-Nui hope during the many years spent under siege by Teridax.

3 Likes

I like the ideas that Irnakk was a corrupted legend of the Gold Skinned Being, and that Marendar would target Tuyet next. They fit in well with what we know about the story so far.

I have a lot of headcanons for insignificant things that I might as well dump here. (Be warned, it’s rather long)

-Combiners/Alt. Models-

• Hypothetically canon models (Akamai Nuva, alternate playsets, etc.): Like the Rahkshi Kaita comic, these happened sometime between recorded events.

• Turaga and Bohrok Va Kabaya models: As evidenced by Prototype, Kaita can be formed from 2-5 beings

• Boxor and Exo-Toa alts: specialized for marshy terrain, and faster travel respectively

• Bahrag Spider: Like Faber’s concept art, they work behind the scenes transporting Bohrok, and expanding the nest. (side note: The Bahrag become stronger when close together, so maybe they were intended to fuse?)

• "Makuta Nui": actually Graalok. It was referred to as such in Maze of Shadows, and it’s otherwise the only character from the movie without a set

• Kohlii Matoran combiners: Figures from matoran mythology. One uses its Rahi to take worthy matoran to Artahka. The other, to Karzahni. (2003 was when these places were first mentioned)

• Japanese/Korean Rahkshi: Various Kaita? Specialized for different purposes (i.e. “fighting” and “undersea combat”)

• "Fusion Bohrok": A Dark Hunter? I used to imagine it as Marendar, (though obviously it wasn’t meant to be). The contrast between angelic wings and twin guns fits pretty well for a destructive machine described as “saviour”

• "Bohrok Monkeys": Could easily fit in as rahi

• "Volcano Knight Tahu": Some unseen form of Tahu? Before I knew the name, I thought of it as an Order of Mata Nui member

• Piraka combiners: Probably not Kaita, but may be other Skakdi myths. The two Irnakk look alikes could represent the clash between land and sea for example.

• Spiriah’s matoran: the rahi hybrid that Vican used to meet Icarax

• Power-up Skull Warrior: Axoto? (The description doesn’t match though)

-Promo sets-

• In General: Matoran and Rahi outfitted with tools
  • Good Guy 06: Everyone’s favourite canister builder
  • Piraka-like Bad Guys: More Skakdi myths. Imps to blame when something goes wrong.
  • QUICK promo sets: Matoran that escaped the Piraka. I imagine the Bad Guys were mutated from stray Visorak, and now kept away from the village by their former friends…
  • Various food toys: The Piraka briefly used stolen Toa Disks as well as a modified Vahki head as a claw. Similarly, the Toa Inika used crude Rhotuka launchers at one point. (This is a bit odd, but if we can get an explanation for a mistake on a guide book cover, or worms in a video game, I don’t see why this couldn’t happen.)

-Collectibles-

• Orange Kraata: Someone once suggested it was Kraata-Kal’s true form.
  • Coloured Kanoka disk launchers: belonged to the former Toa Metru. The black one with a blank red disk is Dume’s, from when he was a toa.
  • Marbled Rhotuka: Match the colours of the Toa and Visorak, representing their charged state.
  • Blue-green sea squids: Kalmah bred orange ones to be more aggressive, maybe these ones are passive?

-Other Headcanons-

• The Rahkshi fought in 2003 were specially chosen, and stronger than average (probably made from shadow Kraata). Conversely, the Stars-sized ones were meant for large armies and much weaker individually.

• Most of the games that obviously contradict the story are simply events in an alternate universe. Notably, the Piraka comic animations suggest the Inika were created as ancient protectors of the Mask of Life. Matoran Adventures on the other hand, loosely shows how Kongu warned the other Turaga of the Bohrok following the comic Secrets of the Swarm

• Several of the Dark-Hunters are part of related species, but because they constantly modify their bodies, they no longer look like it.

• I’d also like to think some of the other contest winners (like the Makuta and Glatorian ones) exist somewhere in the world

6 Likes

This I like, as it’s either that or Matoran figurines used for recanting old stories and legends.

Actually I think it is canon that the Rahkshi seen in 2003 were in fact a more “elite” version of standard Rahkshi so as to explain why subsequent Rahkshi that appeared were much weaker overall.

This just makes sense on principle alone.

I believe this is officially the case for the winning models of the prisoners of the pit contest from 2007. Either that or Biosector lied to me.

2 Likes

I have a theory about the standard colour scheme of Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Water. I really just came up with it to explain Hahli’s odd colours as a Toa, but I also think it works pretty well on its own.

My theory is that all Ga-Matoran are just blue, without any secondary colours, but then they gain a secondary colour upon transforming into a Toa based on the environment of their transformation. To me, this unique “dynamic” colour scheme works specifically for the Element of Water due to that Element’s connection with nature.

This theory meshes particularly well with Hahli Inika’s secondary white, since white is a colour of Lightning, which was heavily involved in her transformation. Hahli Mahri is a little less obvious, but it seems within reason that Air was a vital part of her transformation, what with it occurring underwater while she was drowning. Or maybe there were a bunch of plants nearby or something.

The exceptions to this theory are Gali and Nokama (since neither of them really have any secondary colours, just base “filler” colours), both of whom could be reasonably explained; Gali was built directly as a Toa with the standard “base” colour scheme, while Nokama’s transformation occurred in a controlled artificial environment somewhat lacking in nature.

So according to my theory, a Ga-Matoran becoming a Toa in a fiery environment might have secondary orange, or a transformation in a dry, rocky environment could lead to secondary brown.

EDIT: I just remembered that Helryx also doesn’t really have any secondary colours, but she fits under the same exemption as Gali, since she was built directly as a Toa.

5 Likes

It’s a game where every Matoran wears a Great Hau, every Turaga has a Noble Rau, and every boss has Muaka’s head, even the Bahrag. This is a game where a single Matoran can defeat them, which would result in a pretty interesting timeline.

3 Likes

Or maybe the Mask of Life gave her the colours of plantlife (as in the element)?

3 Likes

I head canon this video. As one of his missions, Krekka is sent to dispatch of a Toa of iron. Encountering his pray, he finds the Toa to be a part of a team of two, with a Toa of lightning (Tol) following beside his target. As a mist moved in over the area, Krekka made his move. Launching a specially made nullification Kanoka, he hits the group, particularly taking the Tol off guard and knocking her unconscious. A short time later, the Tol wakes up to find herself unable to use her elemental or mask abilities. Scouting around, she discovers the remains of her once partner. Little did she know, she was next.

After successfully completing his mission, Krekka took it to himself to have a little celebration. With an urge to fight, he waited patiently for the Tol to wake up. Then, the fun could begin. Sprinting through the mist, Krekka engaged in battle with the Tol. Having lost her Toa tool from being blasted into the mist, and with no time to look, the Tol took to her fists with the Dark Hunter. While her mask gave her a base boost of strength, it could not be activated to use at its full potential. While she could match blows, this only allowed her to stave off the monster for a short time. Not long enough for the Kanoka’s effects to wear off, she found.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a callback for me. It’s been forever since I’ve seen that video.

2 Likes

I just realized that this actually works really well, given this line from Legends 11: The Final Battle:

“Toa-brother!” Lewa yelled, grabbing Ignika’s arm.

Ignika turned to look at him. Was this another attack? No, this was the green one. Ignika liked green; it was the color of plant life.

5 Likes

a personal head canon of mine that i include in my mocs is that parts that matoran had on them are transferred into their toa form

2 Likes

My headcannon is:

. The MU is now cyberpunk.

. my bohrok OC, cyrohk, is also cyberpunk, and is half bahrahg.

EVERYTHING IS CYBERPUNK

My headcanon: All of these, Myths and Legacy | Myths and Legacy

From what I’ve read, it all fits so well into the storyline and adds so much character development and explains so many weird plot points and loose ends.

5 Likes

Does anybody know whether the project is compatible with Vision of the Great Beings or are they independent?

Vision is run by Myths & Legacy, and the Vision stories will be considered canon to M&L and will likely reference them.

1 Like

Inside the Core Processor beneath Metru Nui, is another organic “creature” like Tren Krom. This is Mata Nui’s true “brain” and while it was dead, Makuta was able to possess a robot similar to a Maxilos unit, throw the lifeless biomass aside, then plugged himself into the great machine. (edited)

So the mental image is that Makuta in a robot body is sitting on a sort of “throne” inside the Core Processor with a ton of cables and tubes connected to him, while the carcass of Mata Nui’s brain rots in front of him

2 Likes

This is a super cool image. I’m not quite sure how well it would fit with the current “official” story, but this is a really awesome alternate idea.

There’s basically no description of the Core Processor, so I don’t think I’m contradicting too much. Tren Krom was a prototype Great Spirit, so there’s reason to believe that the real Great Spirit would resemble him.