BIONICLE Headcanons

That was my train of thought as well. Essentially cutting out yourself as the liaison, which conserves your energy, as well as affording yourself a quicker reaction time

1 Like

Because of this, I’m convinced that, at the very least, Energy Transfer would make a good Kanohi power.

1 Like

The GSB and the EPE would have a Kaiju-style fight at some point

2 Likes

it is very interesting thought where can I get into the lore of hero factory?
(replying to btmomeger)

@Krelikan yep sorry your right

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

You could instead hit the Reply button on btmomegar’s post, or @ them as such:

@btmomegar @anime_athena

1 Like

Others would not have followed mutrans orders. Makuta follow their leaders orders and strenght. Mutran had neither.

1 Like

he could just mutate them into somthing that would

1 Like

I totally agree.

Oh new headcanon, Bo-Matoran colors are typically green and brown, and the green/blue scheme is a regional variant

2 Likes

I agree that brown should be in there, but I also like the green and blue.

Maybe green and blue as primary/secondary (in any order) and then brown as tertiary with an assortment of bright, flowery colours as highlights.

I’m sure there’s also be regional variants with different colour balances; Plantlife seems like an Element that would have some pretty diverse colour variation.

Speaking of colour schemes, what would you choose for your hypothetical Element of Kinetics?

I’m thinking something bright, and I would want it to be entirely distinct from any existing colours. Pink and yellow?

3 Likes

I think I agree with that, I never liked the idea of strict color codes; any given element has been represented by a variety of combinations over the years and, as Greg always said, the sets take precedence.

Pink and yellow would be great. Definitely pink, the only reason that was dodged was because of target audiences and social stereotypes. The in-story Bionicle community would have no human reason to avoid that color and I’d love to see it present in story.

I’ve always wanted more turquoise and purple in story, but purple typically goes to Gravity and turquoise blends a little more with Air/Water/Plantlife. I’m inclined to just go ahead and agree with you, pink and yellow are a home run.

2 Likes

Or brown and pink. That combo would be interesting.

2 Likes

I feel like purple and pink are close enough that they could be lumped together in the Kinetics colour scheme.

There’s also a tiny bit of overlap between brown and yellow. Honestly, we could be pretty liberal with colour definitions here, since there’s not really any risk of accidentally replicating an existing colour scheme; no existing Element has anything even remotely similar to yellow/brown and purple/pink.

EDIT: Actually, yellow with a sufficiently reddish pink/purple could look like Fire. That’s still a pretty specific case, though.

3 Likes

I’m with you on that. Pink and yellow primary, with purple and brown being secondary variations

2 Likes

The Energized Protodermis Entity was the true final antagonist of the whole Bionicle story.

5 Likes

Yes. I want to know what exactly it was and why it decided to come to the surface. I can see the GSB being at odds with it.

Here’s an adjacent headcanon: Anonna was changed by the EPE, that’s why she had the ability to give dreams to the GBs instead of just taking them. That’s the first domino that set the whole story into motion

5 Likes

One of my personal headcanons is that Tahnok-Kal, Nuhvok-Kal and Pahrak-Kal have the correct color krana-kals, rather than the ones included in their sets. The colors should be:
image Pahrak-Kal
image Nuhvok-Kal
image Tahnok-Kal
The colors match them so much better than what we got in the sets.

3 Likes

What would be the Entity’s antagonistic motivations?

I would definitely have liked to see the Energized Protodermis Entity return to the story, especially after the context of the Core War, but I’m not sure if I can see that being the final conflict of the story.

3 Likes

Its goal is to terraform Bara Magna, which would result in widespread destruction and mutation. For this reason, it was banished to the core of the planet in ancient times, now forgotten even by the Great Beings.

5 Likes

If this is the direction we want to take it, I’d go even bigger and say that the planet was formed around the Entity to contain it. Never mind being “forgotten” by the Great Beings, they would have never even known about it.

It could also be interesting to see the story expand to these hypothetical universal entities that contained the Energized Protodermis Entity as another future story arc after the Great Being War. Annona seemed to have power at that level, so there could easily be others out there.

7 Likes

I like the direction this conversation is going, so I’ll add my reasoning for why I think the EPE would make a good final antagonist.

First, legacy. If the story is to continue after Teridax’s defeat, I assume that there would be a true finale at some point. I wouldn’t want the antagonist of such a finale to be someone new, it wouldn’t feel as impactful or meaningful to me. It needs to be someone who has been around for a while, both in lore and to the audience. The EP has been around since 02, the entity being introduced in 05. It wasn’t always relevant, but it has at least been in our minds for longer than the Great Beings have. And it predates every other character in the series (other than Annona, possibly).

Second, connections. Terry not being the “final boss” of the whole story must mean that somebody else would be considered a “bigger deal” than him. It may also help if said “final boss” has connections to Terry. The Great Beings? They did create Terry. Maybe. But I feel like they arrived too late in the story, and even if they aren’t the best guys, they built the GSR to try and make things right. Doesn’t feel like “final” antagonist to me. The EPE does have connections to Terry, in Maze of Shadows they were working together, not as master and minion, but almost like they were equals. More on this later. The EPE could also be considered a “bigger deal” than the Great Beings since the Core War was something they could only hope to remedy, not prevent. They mastered the use of EP to an extent (arguably only as much as the EPE wanted them to), but I get the impression that it is bigger than all of them.

Finally, thematic storytelling. If the final antagonist were just anybody, what would that mean for the narrative? Teridax represents destruction, especially destruction unchecked. He represents selfishness and putting personal ambition above the greater good. The Great Beings are fallible, but they still wanted to fix their “sins” (even if their methods were flawed, too). I see Mata Nui as representing all that they wished they could be. Velika may be the exception to this, but more on him in a moment. The EPE entity does have that symbolism. From its dialogue, we can tell that it is apathetic to life. It will transform creatures just to see what happens (avoiding that apathy seemed to be the theme of Maze of Shadows, IMO). Sound familiar? This reminds me of Velika giving the entire Matoran Universe sentience just to see what would happen. Velika would be a great follow-up to Teridax, as he could represent creation unchecked, with that same element of selfish ambition. Then we end with the EPE, who represents both creation and destruction taken too far, once again, with selfish ambition. “I am creation and destruction. I am the power to transform and to destroy,” he said. If the story of Bionicle is about a body fighting an infecting tumor, then that story seems to have ended with Terry’s death. But with the EPE as the final antagonist, the whole saga becomes a tale of all of Spherus Magna fighting the infectious tumor, Energized Protodermis.

This is the first time I have written down my thoughts on this, so I apologize it is is overly wordy or disjointed. Hope that all made sense!

8 Likes