BIONICLE Headcanons

Love ≠ romance

9 Likes

-Gender isn’t determined by element; some genders are just more common in certain elements than others.

-Gold skinned being didn’t happen. >.>

-The Kraahkan is slowly reforming.

-There is a slight chance that small parts of Teridax might be alive and trapped in unused Zamor Spheres on Voya Nui

-Levahk Kal is back on Spherus Magna, having been pulled down with Aqua Magna

-Lewa escaped his captors on Bota Magna.

-There are unexplored islands on Aqua Magna.

12 Likes

G1
I am one of those people who accepts everything that happened in BIONICLE as totally and irrevocably canon, so really the only thing is that the Tahnok swarm lead by Tahu Nuva in that one comic are still in orbit around Spherus Magna and are being amassed into an army by Levhak-Kal, who fully intends to reawaken the Bahrag for a second time…somehow.

G2
LoSS was not completely owned in Episode 8 and managed to crawl his way back to Skull Grinder and warn him about the Toa, thus allowing Grinder to activate the (tentatively named) Skull Contingency and awaken the other four summer villains.

Also, I think that somewhere it was mentioned that the Skull Legion were manifestations of Makuta’s spirit.
I think not.
I think that Skull Grinder is his own villain with his own plans, and his legions are commanded by the code-named Generals known as Warrior (the best fighter), Slicer (the most viscous), Basher (the strongest there is), Scorpio, (the leader of the Skull Scorpions and the “brother” of LoSS), and the pretentious Lord of the Skull Spiders, with their true names being unknown with the exception of LoSS, whose name is Krata (KRAY-tuh).

10 Likes

Who here hasn’t heard my Makuta Nerf headcanon?

3 Likes

I haven’t!

3 Likes

I haven’t.

1 Like

-gender specific elements are not a thing, they are just more frequent in certain tribes

-Love is still a thing

-Lehvak-Kal landed and has no idea where he is

-Icarax is slowly dragging himself back together, atom by atom

-Gold skinned being, what is that?

-Bionicle exists somewhere in our universe or another

3 Likes

I feel like this belongs in the retcons topic.

3 Likes

agreed, but I already have that down in my retcons, eh I’ll take it out of here

I actually kind of want this to be canon now.

7 Likes

#Chro’s Makuta Nerf Headcanon

Hailed in various corners of the Internet as something “rational” that “kinda makes sense I guess”, Chro’s Makuta Nerf Headcanon solves the silly problem of severely overpowered, story-breakingly strong villains in a way that does not eliminate or significantly alter their canon concept or powerset.

1. Powerset definition. In Bionicle canon, the Makuta are known to possess forty-two Kraata powers in addition to their standard abilities of shapeshifting, shadow control, and telepathy. A list of Kraata powers is available on BS01.

2. Issue to be rectified. In Bionicle canon, Makuta are often seen as the primary villains. This is due to the event in which Makuta Teridax took over the Brotherhood (the entirety of the species), and essentially corrupted or killed every single one of his brethren. Of course, in fiction, it’s excellent to have a villain or villains that pose a significant threat and harbor immense danger for the heroes. The issue is that the Makuta are too powerful; plot-breakingly so, in my opinion. The Makuta are so powerful that it always seems like any defeat they suffer would be completely avoidable and any hero would pose zero threat in comparison to the massive power of a Makuta. It’s also no fun to watch a hero face a villain that is literally unbeatable since there’s no true struggle if you know you’re going to get zapped to ash immediately (with the possible exception of an Alamo scenario). In summation, Makuta are too powerful, and while they should be somewhat powerful, they need to be weakened, or “nerfed”.

3. Power specialization. This is the primary tenet of this headcanon. In the words of Makuta Antroz:

In addition to supporting my point outlined in section 2 above, this quote gave me an idea on how to solve the problem: power specialization. Within Chro’s Makuta Nerf Headcanon…

3A. Specialization concept. Makuta “specialize” in certain powers. This means that at some point in their existence they select a set of powers that they prefer to use; ones that suit their combat style, their personality, whatever. They then pour their effort into learning to use and adapting to utilizing these abilities, and would generally reach a Toa-like level of control over their selected specializations after a certain amount of time.

3B. Nonspecialized powers. Makuta technically have access to all 42 Kraata powers. However, unless they “specialize” in a power, their control over it is haphazard and weak, if not entirely nonexistent. Becoming far stronger in the use of certain powers through specialization would logically limit the extent to which a Makuta could expand their reach into other powers.

3C. Specialized power quantity. The amount of powers a Makuta can “specialize” in varies based on their relative strength. Stronger Makuta, such as Teridax or Miserix, would be able to specialize in a far larger range of powers. Lesser Makuta, such as Bitil or the Makuta of Stelt, would only be able to specialize in about five or six.

4. How does this fix the issue? By limiting Makuta to a specific number of powers, while allowing them to have a significant variety of powers all the same, they become less “invincible” while still remaining highly formidable foes. The specialization concept also allows an individual Makuta’s personality to be reflected in their chosen powers, which is unnecessary, but I find it to be a cool bonus.

18 Likes

So basically the concept of “maining” certain powers as a game competitor would certain players.

4 Likes

Sure, you could think of it like that… but if I play Brawl and main Falcon and Shulk (I don’t), I can still use Kirby and Jigglypuff (I don’t), whereas with this headcanon, a Makuta who specializes 1/12/13/21/39 (random numbers) would be barely able (or even completely unable) to muster control over 6/17/24/31.

2 Likes

by your theory, would a Makuta that was extremely dedicated and intelligent (and perhaps with a thousand or so years to kill under a volcano on some random island) be able to master all the powers?

6 Likes

So it’s more like a stance system/class selection – a Makuta gains skill in abilities 3 and 7 but must consequently decrease skill in abilities 14 and 25.

2 Likes

[quote=“Matoro, post:34, topic:4070, full:true”]
by your theory, would a Makuta that was extremely dedicated and intelligent (and perhaps with a thousand or so years to kill under a volcano on some random island) be able to master all the powers?
[/quote]He’d probably be able to specialize more of them, and have a higher degree of control over each, but I’d say it’s unlikely that even he would be able to master all of them.

[quote=“Hawkflight, post:35, topic:4070, full:true”]
So it’s more like a stance system/class selection – a Makuta gains skill in abilities 3 and 7 but must consequently decrease skill in abilities 14 and 25.
[/quote]… sure? I guess? Except that with a stance system/class selection you can evenly distribute your points to have, say, ten and ten instead of five and fifteen, but this headcanon would give you one and nineteen, or something close.

2 Likes

Awesome! While not nearly as detailed as this is, I have the same broad concept of specialization in my Rewrite AU. Do you mind if I borrow this?

4 Likes

If you cite me, feel free to use it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Adding on to this, do we know exactly what happened to the Makuta who didn’t side with Teridax? Perhaps he absorbed them and gained more “specialization” power that way.

7 Likes

I think he killed them straight-up, but it’s possible that he absorbed them.

6 Likes