BIONICLE Headcanons

I suppose that’d be a reasonable assumption, though I like to think the Mata foot for a chest piece is common, mostly because I’m just really fond of that design detail.

1 Like

I like to believe Onua’s default adaptive armor form gives him claws for hands alongside his Quake Breakers. IMO, Onua’s claws were way too cool to lose.

3 Likes

So you know how in Legends of Metru-Nui when the Toa Metru find the Matoran Spheres and Nokama opens one? I am of the opinion the rau wearing Po-Matoran she found in there was Ahkmou.

3 Likes

um wasn’t akmou in a pond

1 Like

When the Toa Metru first discovered the spheres, just before confronting the fake Turaga Dume.

2 Likes

hm perhaps

1 Like

The Dark Hunter Tracker is a mutated member of Tobduks species, this is mostly based on the the fact the island of Visorak was the original homeland of Tobduk’s species before the Makuta released the Visorak species on the island for testing purposes.

3 Likes

The large number of species in the Matoran Universe was due to Mata-Nui recreating the various species he had observed while traveling through space.

7 Likes

I figured that to be the case as well :moyai:

1 Like

Turns out that’s explicitly non-canon

1 Like

Wat?. Why :moyai:

2 Likes

Well, that’s dissapointing.

2 Likes

Tuyet’s return makes more sense to me if it was actually orchestrated by the Cursed Great Being, and she was brought back by Vezon on the former’s orders.

Now, rather than randomly happening to arrive in her own dimension at the exact right time to be useful, and then not doing anything anyways, she was intentionally brought back as part of a much larger scheme.

The only this preventing this theory from completely fitting with existing canon is the order of two currently-unrelated chapters in Reign of Shadows. If we’re willing to reorder those, or even just assume that the chronological order of events is out of whack because Vezon was travelling through alternate dimensions, then this theory is canon-compliant (as far as I can tell).

5 Likes

Karzanhi went insane due to seeing to many alternate futures, and the worry of which will actually happen.

7 Likes

Glatorian and Agori are closely enough related to have fertile offspring.

2 Likes

Even though the multiverse stuff didn’t start till later, I still like to think that Ravager is one of Makuta Tridax’s alternate Takanuva’s that he did some experiments on, then mind-wiped. It would explain his Avohki face, and the him having Rahi parts. By extension, I guess you could say Tridax created the Nivawk.

4 Likes

I was just thinking about the fact that Toa from different lands have different builds, yet the Toa Hagah are all Metru builds, when a thought occurred to me: what if Teridax actually chose his team specifically because they were all Metru builds?

4 Likes

the plot thickens

2 Likes
Here's a possible explanation for why characters like the Hagah have metru builds. I've had the idea for a few months now, but it seems relevant now the Tuyet contest is on the horizon.

What if each dome in the GSR was filled with an invisible mutagenic gas that could change the appearance of the dome’s inhabitants? So for example, If a toa stayed in Metru Nui for an extended period of time, then they’d eventually morph into a Metru build. The reason for why the Great Beings would have included this feature is so that if a toa or matoran got injured while on the job, then any nearby medics (medics are never mentioned in the story to my knowledge, but I don’t think anything says they couldn’t exist either) would be able to more successfully evaluate and repair the damage, on account of being more familiar with the patient’s anatomy.

What say you? Is there anything in the story the contradicts this?

3 Likes

I’m kinda torn between that because it sounds ridiculous but also cool

1 Like