Bionicle Iliad: Signups Open

as he isn’t a master yet i’ll be hosting this topic for @Samtastictogo, the project is as follows:
What is Bionicle Iliad? Is it another poorly made motion picture that retells the Bionicle storyline for the thousandth time? Is it a side story? Is it a different universe altogether?

The answer to these questions is no. This is a full-blown stop motion series that tells the story of Bionicle g1 from beginning to end, filling in gaps in the process, and making it a bit more adult friendly (that’s not to say 18+, it just means it’ll be easier for adults to enjoy rather than just being kids jokes and puns, like Lego tends to do) with an emphasized plot, episodes following individual characters and groups in a way that has never been seen in Bionicle.

One thing he would like to make clear: this project is going to have a very heavy emphasis on quality. For that reason alone he could not accomplish any real work on this project by hiself. @Samtastictogo be needing volunteers, but keep in mind VOICE ACTING IS NOT THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO! There are plenty of other positions he can’t fill on his own, so please feel free to volunteer for some of them. he’ll get into how you can contact himself later, but the obvious means would be Messaging @Samtastictogo on the boards here.

All physical stop motion production will take place at his house, so don’t trouble yourself with that bit, but there are certainly other things you can volunteer for, as follows:

• Scripting
  • Art
  • Voice acting
  • Planning committee
  • Design (MOCs)
  • Design (set design)
  • Special effects
  • Editing
  • Sound effects
  • Music
  • Sound mix
  • Storyboarding
  • Advertising/Social Media
  • Research/Lore Authority
    Being director of the project, he’ll be dipping his toe in each of these subjects, but it would be better if he got people who work in specific fields to participate in their respective fields.

If you want to contact sam, his email is samtastictogo@gmail.com, and his Instagram handle is thesamuelpitt.
@Samtastictogo should also have a discord server up
soon, but of course he’ll have to get that one approved first.

So I’ll keep a list of who’s in what department here:

Scripting
@RaptorTalon
@JediTimeLord824
@Morgy
@Ghidora131
@Toa_Vladin
@darkbrick999
@ouberry
@HewksDKowlihad
@Jakanader
Art
@Ghidora131
@RogueToa
@deadmatoro
@Payinku
@Hautaka
@darkbrick999
@Jakanader
Voice acting (participants may be removed)
@RogueToa
@RaptorTalon
@JediTimeLord824
@deadmatoro
@Payinku
@BlackBeltGamer98
Planning committee
@Morgy
@Ghidora131
@Payinku
@darkbrick999
@ouberry
Design (MOCs)
@RogueToa
@TheMOCingbird
@ReeseEH
@Morgy
@Asriel
@RaptorTalon
@Ghidora131
@Payinku
@1000Purse30
@Jayfa
Design (set design)
@Asriel
@Payinku
Special effects
Editing
@Traykar
Sound effects
@Traykar
Music
@Hautaka
@ToaTumult
Sound mix
Storyboarding
@Ghidora131
@Payinku
@darkbrick999
@Jakanader
Advertising/Social Media
@Ghidora131
@darkbrick999
Research/Lore Authority
@TheStormKing
@ToaTumult
@darkbrick999
@ouberry
@HewksDKowlihad
I’ll edit this with each new volunteer.

20 Likes

Huge thanks to you for putting this topic up. I’ll be posting stuff here related to this project, and I really hope this breathes a new kind of life back into the Bionicle community somehow.

7 Likes

I would be absolutely thrilled to participate! I can do voice acting, mocs and art. I am skilled and we’ll practiced in all of these as well.

1 Like

I dont care how but I want to be part of this

4 Likes

I am ok at mocing. But I could also write scripts.

2 Likes

I might be able to help with MOCing… Is the idea that we would be able to make designs and then you (aka @Samtastictogo) would recreate them?

Cuz obviously I don’t want to ship my pieces anywhere else. :stuck_out_tongue:

I recently made a custom torso and I assume it’s the same size as you shadow toa. I can send you instructions if you would like. I’ve also been told I’m good at character design (Colour schemes, weapons etc.), but like the kind where I suggest something and someone else builds it.

@ReeseEH Yes, yes, you won’t be shipping me peices lol
Essentially how the MOCs design thing is going to work is that those who volunteer to do that will build something and send me a how to on it. That way nobody has to ship anyone their MOC, and it makes things quite a bit less confusing.

Edited for double-post -legomaster

So I’ll keep a list of who’s in what department here:

5 Likes

sign me in moc/set design

if you need something with photoshop, you know where to call me

1 Like

Set design means like designing the setting in certain scenes, if that’s what you want then I will

I mean, I think I can do that with photoshop, you have seen my plant polybag

I’d actually be doing most of the set design myself, since the actual filming set would be in my studio (lol aka my room)
If you want to help come up woth how the sets should look, you could help with concept art. I’ll take photoshop stuff for the concept art too, as long as it’s helpful.

1 Like

Sign me up for character/moc design. If you need more people for scripting pm me.

1 Like

I can sign you up for scripting right now if you want

I’m not the greatest at it, I’ll think about it.

1 Like

Cool.
Also, just a note for anyone interested, probably the most important position to have would be on the planning committee. They oversee everything else and discuss plans and whatnot. If you guys are interested, let me know if you want first dibs lol

Another thing on voice acting. I don’t want to seem like a jerk or anything, but in that area is where I’m going to have to be most harsh. I reserve the right to refuse an audition based on audio quality. I know there will be quite a few of you who want to be voice actors more than anything else, but as stated in the topic above, there is going to be a very heavy emphasis on quality. If you want to be a voice actor, send me an audition. Here’s a short list of things I’ll be looking for:
At least ok mic quality
Minimalized echo
A pop filter

I’m also placing a strict ban on overmodulated audio, seeing as there’s really no way to fix that digitally. Any auditions need to be using the same mic setup that you’d be using to actually record the lines, so I know your mic quality from the start.
I hope I don’t sound too strict, I promise, I’m not trying to be. I know for some people, finding a good microphone is really difficult/expensive. If you don’t get the part as a voice actor, I encourage you to help out in other ways, there are still a wide number of positions to choose from!
Of course this isn’t really an option at the moment, seeing as the characters haven’t been announced, but this is a rule of thumb for the future.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

5 Likes

I’ll be up for Voice acting work, maybe MOCing and Scripting as well. My concern is that this is certainly a lofty goal, and I’m not sure if it’ll ever see the light of day.

2 Likes

I sure hope you’re wrong, but so many projects have failed like that in the past.
Should I sign you up for scripting and MOCing? We can do auditions later. Once I get a decent planning committee together, we’ll announce a cast for the first few episodes, and you can do auditions for characters then.

1 Like

I’d love to help with research/lore authority if that’s OK?

1 Like

Sure, I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like