Bionicle in Helldivers 2?!

As I’ve been playing Helldivers 2, I noticed a few similarities between it and Bionicle and decided to rework the intro cinematic with some of the following details.

First is the Super Earth Logo that I altered to be the Great Spirit logo. I used aspects of the Unity, Duty, and Destiny logos from MNOG2 for the “grid,” the island of Mata Nui for the landmass, Nuva Symbols for the stars, and made the yellow ribbons resemble the shapes in the Bionicle three virtues logo.

I used Takua’s story in BMoL for the citizen-turned-helldiver story, since his arc also experienced happiness, loss, and an epic moment of him donning his headgear (mask).

I did the animation portions myself and tried to mimic the movement of the Helldivers character. I also made the MOCs for Takua, Jaller, and Takanuva (Takanuva was a pain to rig lol).

The rest of the video uses shots from Bionicle media that mirrored the shots in the original cinematic.

At the end, I used my Mascot-esque MOC (Nibble) in a small skit to show what the Helldivers experience feels like. The credits at the end are meant to simulate the rewards screen in the game.

12 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

Honestly? You put way too much effort into this lol

The logo’s good, the animation’s good, the edits are fresh… It’s just great all-around, man; just enough cheesiness in the humor to tie the whole thing together. You really did a good job with this one, hopefully it gets the Youtube algorithmic attention it deserves.

Nice work!

3 Likes

Haha Thank you so much! It was initially just going to be a low effort parody, but I ended up really enjoying it as I worked. I realize it’s a bit of a weird cross section of two fandoms, so I really appreciate your kind words!

2 Likes

this is amazingly cleanly edited, as well as just plain great. well done for almost 3 minututes of great entertainment

1 Like