Bionicle MoC: Vendetta

who are you to say what someone else’s intentions are?

Well that’s just rude.

Taking criticism and improving from it is one thing. Telling people how they should make something is another.

4 Likes

What’s the difference exactly?

What’s it mean?

The difference is that one shows that you want the person to improve. The other is “EUGH I DON’T LIKE IT WHY DIDN’T YOU DO THIS INSTEAD”

2 Likes

So the intent is the same, but the way it’s expressed is different, then?

There’s also a difference between outright refusing help and upholding free will…

1 Like

I don’t understand how you see those as the same.

Never did I say that I condoned that, because I do not. Where did you get the idea that I did?

It’s just…

Criticism is telling someone what’s wrong or what could be done different. Constructive criticism would be actually telling someone how to do something better or how to change something to look better, in one’s own opinion of course.

So yeah, telling people how they should make something is not only criticism, it’s constructive criticism.

I don’t see why whether something is criticism or not should be dependent on how it’s presented. I guess we simply hold different definitions of what is and is not criticism.

So you made the moc as a social experiment, it genius. Now you have to post it somewhere else and seee the legion of people who will hate .

@Omega_Tahu Good idea on the metru blue, I might have to add that in sometime down the road
@Saxton perhaps you’ve misconstrued that last sentence. My point for that sentence is to call out the people that immediately say “don’t build generic mocs with rahkshi heads and nuva boobs” and have nothing else to offer. If you want to offer constructive and useful criticism then that’s fine. But if you just try to outright tell moc makers not to build mocs a specific way, that’s where I take issue. Also, if this moc isn’t to your liking feel free to check out some of my others, I’d love to hear your thoughts! For the most part though, I only have my old mocs on here right now, so you’ll have to bear with all the inika builds I used to do
@Arsenic <------ shoutout to this guy for understanding the method to the madness
@Huichelaar the presentation of anything is just as important as the content being presented. If you have an amazing idea but you can’t explain it well enough that other people understand it, then it’s a stupid idea in their eyes.
@Xephix the hatred gives me life

3 Likes

OK, i can’t do anything but roll my eyes at this.

the reason why most people get upset is because these things have been done to death. So many people have done the “use a rahkshi head for a female character” and “use nubaboobs in order to represent a female character,” to the point where it’s just dull, and seems like a cop-out.

there are much better ways of making a female moc distinguishable, like subtle shaping.

I’m not angry.

just tired of people using these techniques, instead of being more creative with their parts usage, to convey a similar idea.

also, yea, i’m standing with @Joe on this.

this moc/topic was designed to try and incite a flame war, trying to gaslight the boards.

that isn’t okay, mate.

6 Likes

Sorry this moc made you roll your eyes, I know how draining that can be on some people. Indeed it’s a cop-out, but it’s still moccing and onlookers shouldn’t be so quick to disregard a moc because of that. Like I said to Saxton, if this moc isn’t to your liking then I have many more mocs already posted, and a lot more on the way as well. Most of the mocs I’ve posted so far are old mocs however, so you’ll have to deal with inika builds for those. I’d love to hear your opinions on my other mocs as well!

no, but i will be quick to dismiss a moc who’s sole purpose is to try and anger an entire community.

this right here

is not okay.

if you’re wanting to open up a discussion about oversexualized mocs, then do so. don’t try to needlessly start up flamewars.

also, i don’t see the point in trying to make the buttcheeks articulate

unless the point is to throw more fuel to angry onlookers, which in that case, is a terrible move.

In short,

yes.

but not about the moc.

i’m angry because of the way you’ve gone about trying to open up a discussion.

4 Likes

Those who anger over Lego creations on the internet they don’t like are overreacting.

However, reacting badly to someone who’s spent their time to troll people is completely justified.

we actually already have a topic about how female MOCs should be made

6 Likes

I’ve seen this same MOC ten times (cough cough Lynna ripoffs/the actual thing wheeze), even down the the hat thing on this. Somethings telling me it wasn’t an accident if you purposefely meant to make it like some generic “over sexualized” MOC. But I’ll just give you the benefit of the doubt and critique it.

The MOC has a clashing textures problem, namely in the…upper torso and…rear end. It doesn’t look too bad, though. If this is a Rahkshi, then it doesn’t actually resemble one too much, so it’s a bit unsettling.

I’m done now

/s

But reading through the posts in this topic the topic might as well be.

The legs are pretty good, the brick shaping of the thighs is actually nice and the lower leg is a clunkier version of a good design, and, while overused, the nuva chest is fairly well integrated.
This concludes the positive portion of this critique.
Where to start…? Let’s work our way up.
The feet are too small, they remind me of foot binding,
The hips are ugly, the articulated butt is frankly stupid, and the part choice doesn’t really work anyway because of the flat edge at the top, eye crotch needs to go, aside from the implications it looks ugly,
The waist is way too thin, like wafer thin, like “eat a sandwich” thin,
The arms are bad, the lower arms are incredibly skinny, and the upper arms are too thick, it looks wrong,
And the rahkshi head is so overused it hurts, and it looks weird without a bottom jaw, metru chest juts out awkwardly.

Is criticism not “telling someone how they should make something”?

Well said.

This isn’t satire, this is tossing a Molotov at the boards for not giving criticism the way you want them to.
Stop it, get some help.

3 Likes

No it’s not, it’s giving advice to help someone improve.

And what does giving someone advice to help them improve entail?
Here’s a hint, it’s telling them how they should(or shouldn’t) make something.

1 Like

this.

You tell them what they did wrong, and what they should do instead.

it helps the MOCist improve their skills, instead of making mediocre mocs, that just use the most generic, overused techniques.

also, i have one last thing to say, on this issue:

We’re telling you not to do this, because it doesn’t look good.

you don’t have the skill in order to pull this off well.

there are times where nuvaboobs can be properly integrated into a build. this isn’t one of those times.[quote=“Daedalus, post:1, topic:36153”]
for people to quickly disregard a moc simply because it’s oversexualized, is to completely ignore the effort a builder puts into their mocs
[/quote]

we disregard it for oversexualization, because that makes the moc look tacky, and shows that the builder has not much skill, when it comes to making the female form.

and on the subject of you throwing all this effort into a moc who’s sole purpose is to try and get the boards to start a riot on your front porch.

it’s wasted effort.

why not take the effort you’re putting into making your metaphorical molotov, and instead invest it into a moc that you want people to like, that you want people to take seriously

Put it into a MOC that doesn’t have an agenda behind it, and that you want to create for fun, because you enjoy MOCing.

that’s all I have to say,

Sammy out.

3 Likes

Who’s to say what’s good and what’s bad, what should be changed and what shouldn’t? It’s all relative.

Really, criticism is dependent on tone. If you have a rude tone to your criticism, it doesn’t matter what your intentions were, nobody’ll want to listen to it.

1 Like

@sammythekat if the buttcheeks weren’t posable they’d get in the way when you try to move the legs come on, it ain’t that hard