Bionicle: Origin-1 Home Page

Welcome to Bionicle: Origin-1!

Bionicle Origin-1 is my new fan-story project, which aims to create an Alternate Universe with its own unique take on the lore and story of Bionicle G1. I myself got into Bionicle much later than most, in fact, I didn’t get my first set until around the Summer of 2009. As such, the way I experienced the story was mainly through reading about it on sites such as BIONICLEstory.com, and later, BSO1. I think back fondly on the feelings of wonder I experienced when first learning about the wider Bionicle Universe, but now that the series has been gone for more than a decade, there’s been a lack of new information for us fans to consume.

As I’m sure is the case with many Bionicle Fans, I too have my own ideas for changes and additions I would like to make to the Bionicle story. Through sharing that vision in this project, I hope to also provide the community with a slew of new lore they can explore and learn about.

This lore will primarily be conveyed through excerpts posted here on the TTV Message Boards, which collectively will form a Wiki that details all known information about the Origin-1 Universe. The topic you’re looking at now is the Home Page for the Wiki and will serve as a portal, through which you can easily access all the media I’ll be creating for this project. When this topic initially goes live there won’t be anything for you to access quite yet, however, in the coming weeks you can expect to see the first lore excerpt go up. As more excerpts are created, this topic will be updated to accommodate them, and the replies below will also be a place for me to share news about new lore excerpts, as well as updates to existing ones.

Thank you for coming to check out this fan-project, and I hope you’re as excited as I am to see where this goes!

Characters

Locations

Objects

No topics have been created for this category, check back later.

Powers

Society

Creatures

Species

Flora

Vehicles

Events

Other Media
15 Likes

Glad to see a tidy, organised AU idea like this! I know you won’t give spoilers but are there any “Years” or events that will be significantly different?

1 Like

My plan at this point is to try and keep most of the significant events in the story relatively similar to the original. There are many parts of Bionicle’s story that are simply too iconic, and in changing those aspects of the story, you run the risk of alienating your audience. So I think it’s safe to say that this will follow the same general timeline that G1 does.

Is this related to the Magnian Wars at all?

1 Like

In some ways, yes. While Origin-1 is its own separate project, both follow the same storyline and take place within the same universe. So even though Magnian Wars has pretty much been abandoned, that story could eventually be told through this project.

1 Like

-Bionicle: Origin-1 | News Update #001-

Coming Soon: Nehrua, The Precursor

A new Lore Entry will be arriving next week on March 26th! In this Lore Entry, we will be exploring the first fully original character in the Origin-1 Universe, a cosmic entity known as Nehrua. Nehrua’s story explains a lot about the origins of the Origin-1 Universe, so it’s one you won’t want to miss! In addition, a Moc Showcase Video for Nehrua will be releasing to my channel on April 2nd!

Today I released the first teaser for Nehrua in the form of their Theme Music, check it out using the link below!

Other News
All existing Lore Entries have been updated to include a trivia section! These offer some random but fun facts about the topic of each Lore Entry. These facts will often give some extra insight into my thought process, which I hope you find interesting!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you’re looking forward to seeing more of Nehrua!

5 Likes

-Bionicle: Origin-1 | News Update #002-

New Lore Entry: Nehrua, The Precursor

The newest Lore Entry for Bionicle: Origin-1 has arrived! Nehrua, The Precursor was a god-like entity responsible for the creation of the Origin-1 Universe. They were once an extremely powerful being, but their abilities came at a cost.

Check out this newest Lore Entry here:

Other News

Next week stay tuned for Nehrua’s Moc Showcase! In this video, I’ll explain the design process behind Nehrua’s Moc, from my sources of inspiration to specific techniques I tried to implement.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you’re looking forward to it!

2 Likes

-Bionicle: Origin-1 | News Update #003-

New Moc Showcase: Nehrua, The Precursor

As promised, today brings a new episode of Bionicle Moc Showcase! In this video, I go in-depth into the design process behind Nehrua, explaining the decisions that led to the Moc you see now. Nehrua’s Lore Entry has been updated, to include a link to this video as well!

Other News

Today marks the conclusion of the second Moc release for Bionicle: Origin-1. There won’t be any new additions to this project until May, but in the meantime, I plan to release an update regarding future Lore Entries and Moc releases. You can expect to see this update sometime in the next few weeks!

Thanks for your continued support of Bionicle: Origin-1, and I hope you all enjoy Nehrua’s Moc Showcase!

1 Like

-Bionicle: Origin-1 | April 2022 Update-

Hey everyone! Last week I promised an update on the future of new Lore Entries and Moc Releases for Bionicle: Origin-1, so here it is! If you have any thoughts on the information included in this post, then please be sure to let me know!

New Moc Releases/Bionicle Moc Showcase

I recently completed the second Moc Release for Bionicle: Origin-1, that of course being for Nehrua. You all seem to be enjoying both the Moc and Nehrua’s story, which I am extremely grateful for. However, Bionicle Moc Showcase will be going on temporary hiatus, which also means no new Moc Releases for Bionicle: Origin-1.

This is for two main reasons. The first is that I’m struggling to keep up with my schedule for new Moc Releases. I’d like to do them once every 3 months, which becomes difficult when you don’t have a collection of Mocs already built and ready to be showcased. At this rate, the next Moc Release would be arriving in June, and the Moc I’d be showcasing has not even been finished yet.

The second reason is that I’m planning to make changes to Bionicle Moc Showcase as a series. This is still very early in development, but I may revert to a much shorter style of video. Perhaps in a similar vein to the original Moc Showcases from my channel’s early days.

This hiatus will probably last for a couple months. In that time I plan to build up my collection of Mocs, and experiment with new ideas for Bionicle Moc Showcase. I hope you guys can understand my reasoning, and when Bionicle Moc Showcase returns to the channel you can expect it to be better than ever!

For now though, I’ve included a small teaser for some Mocs I currently have in the works! Do you have any ideas for who they could be?

New Lore Entries

In other news, there will be several new Lore Entries coming to Bionicle: Origin-1 in May. This includes an overarching Lore Entry for Kanohi, as well as some smaller ones for all 6 of the Toa Mata’s Kanohi. While small, I think these Lore Entries will be an interesting and fun addition to the Origin-1 Universe! The Origin-1 version of the Kaukau is one that I’m particularly excited to share!

I should also mention that the hiatus from new Moc Releases will also be used to work on writing new Lore Entries. My hope is that, similar to my Mocs, I can build up a backlog of new Lore Entries to make them more easy to release.

Monthly News Round-Ups

Finally, I’d like to mention a change to my news updates in this topic. To make news updates less spammy, I’ll be compiling all the news on Bionicle: Origin-1 into a single post at the end of each month. These News Round-Ups will contain information on new Lore Entries, and changes to existing ones, among other things.

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

Toa Hagah?

1 Like

Not the Hagah, but that is a really good guess! The first and third are both original characters (one of them has been shown on the Message Boards before), and the middle one is a canon user of the Kanohi Faxon. :eyes:

2 Likes

-Bionicle: Origin-1 | Impromptu News Update-

Hey everyone, I hope you’re all doing well! Given some recent developments behind the scenes, I wanted to give you guys a quick update about Bionicle: Origin-1.

New Lore Entries

In my last update, I announced that I would be working on several new lore entries pertaining to Kanohi in the Origin-1 Universe. However, sadly that is not a promise I’ll be able to deliver on for the time being. I’ve become sidetracked experimenting with some new avenues of conveying the Universe and Story of Bionicle: Origin-1. I’m really excited about this, so I haven’t been as interested in writing Lore Entries as of late. I think in the long run this will prove to have a large impact on the project overall, and I’ve been sure to include some previews for your viewing pleasure!

Blender Concept Art

The first avenue I’ve been exploring is the creation of visual pieces using Blender and Gimp. I’m still learning, but I think this will do a lot in helping to flesh out the Origin-1 Universe and give it its own identity. Below I’ve included a concept I made of an artificial moon called Lekra Magna, along with a brief lore description.

Hidden from all official records was the artificial moon of Lekra Magna. Constructed in the years following the Core War, this installation was used both as a prison and a training ground. Secrets have been buried under layers of snow and ice, concealing the truth behind this desolate site.

Story Content

I’ve recently been inspired to get back into writing as well, which has given me the idea to create other story content in addition to this Wiki. I’m not going to make any promises quite yet, but here’s a brief excerpt from a story I’ve been working on.

Collective High Council, Bara Magna
3014 AUE

“I don’t like this.”

“That doesn’t matter. It must be done, Angonce.”

The members of The Collective were gathered together for the last time in likely many years. By this time, the meeting room had become a familiar place to all of them. Walls of cold exposed rock were juxtaposed against the lavish furnishings and technology. A small taste of nature to remind them of what they were fighting to protect. Members of The Collective had always gathered around the semi-circle table that sat in the center, complete with high-tech screens and hologram emitters. The Great Beings had grown accustomed to briefings on the deteriorating state of Spherus Magna, as it slowly built towards the day it would violently tear itself apart. That day had come merely a week ago, and now The Collective’s Leader Artakha stood at the head of the room announcing their next course of action.

“The Mata Program is what will secure our future. The Regime may have fled amidst The Shattering, but I promise you, they will return.”

Angonce didn’t like the sound of this “Mata Program”. The Matoran had been his brainchild, and now Artakha wanted to take the most exceptional of their kind to turn into super-soldiers.

As if the Toa weren’t strong enough already.

Thanks for checking out this latest update for Bionicle: Origin-1! It will probably be a while until you hear more news about the project, but I can assure you that I’m still working diligently behind the scenes. More than likely, you can look forward to seeing more of Bionicle: Origin-1 later this year!

3 Likes