Bionicle playsets

Let’s talk about Bionicle playsets.
Like this:

11 Likes

giant Piraka head and Giant Hahli-mask

also Giant Lhikan Hau

they really like making sets with giant heads

8 Likes

Never got any but they look awesome. The alternate models for some of these look even cooler

1 Like

Dot to mention the giant DUme head.

Why did Carapar never get a Minifig?

2 Likes

I don’t have one but I think they look cool. Could you imagine if bionicle was a system theme and they only released constraction sets like chima did?

3 Likes

I loved these

2 Likes

The playsets look like fun but I never got any because I was going through a dark age at the time :frowning:

1 Like

Because Lego wouldn’t go out of their way to recolour the minifig’s parts in Carapar’s unique poop gold and trans brown meld.

1 Like

I liked them quite a bit back in the day. I had all of the '05 ones, most of the '06 ones, and the Terrain Crawler.

Also, I’m trying to imagine some of these colorshifted characters as sets. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

this one is still the best IMO

9 Likes

05 sets were alright. 06 sets were best. 07 had worst minifigs.

1 Like

My cousin had this. And we thought it was pretty cool at the time.

All I have is the giant Lihkan Hau which came in this parts lot I got. Only the Hau, nothing else.

7 Likes

I got one of the 06 ones. Had some nice weapon parts in it. And a Rode (which is being used on my self-MOC). …That’s about the extent of the good things. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lets see
I got
-battle for metru nui
-visorak battling ram
-tower of toa
-piraka stronghold

2 Likes

I really liked them even though the minifigs weren’t the best

i also rekt one of my visorak, I put it under a lamp so it would have glow in the dark for a really long time (thought my kid brain) when I came back it lay there melted xd

3 Likes

:neutral_face: What kind of lamp do you have?

I only had the Visorak Gate…the one playset that didn’t have any cool masks or big heads. It only came with some Visorak stickers. :frowning:

…? Care to explain your kid-logic? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Solar Powered Nightlight.

1 Like

I only have 2 from 2005 and 2 from 2006.

2 Likes

wait where is the lhikan hau???