BIONICLE Revamp - Gaardus

The main idea was to revamp the messy combiner into a 8-limb winged chimera, with a body structure that “makes sense” regarding his persona of a Matoran mutated into a living weapon/perfect hunter/apex predator.
Compared to the original model, I sticked to a strange and monstrous apparence (specialized and deformed long limbs on a small Matoran centaur’s body) while restricting the selection of colors into a cohesive whole (with touches of bright, warning colors as on dangerous animals, or eyesposts on the wings).

“The red star,” Gaardus said, as if the answer was obvious. “I saw it in my mind.”

“If you can get us there, we need to go,” said Kopaka.

“And quickly, before one of us changes his mind, namely me,” added Pohatu.

If Gaardus thought they had both gone mad, he obviously saw no point in saying. He merely stepped up to them, unwrapped his wings, and then folded them around the two heroes. And in that instant, all three were gone.
— The Powers That Be, Chapter 3

This MOC was made for the #Bionicle20ans collaborative project.
As Bionicle turns 20 this year, the Bionifigs community will celebrate these two decades of biological chronicles through all of 2021.
Each month will be dedicated to a year in the history of Bionicle - in October we focus on 2010.

LOST STARS

Gaardus
Rahkshi Vorahk (Biomechanical Ver.)
Takanuva (by Misterabex)
Toa Matoro Mahri (2002)
Toa Vakama Hordika (2010)
Trinuma (by Misterabex)

40 Likes

Wow! this is amazing. I still remember writing into this contest entry all those years ago for his backstory. The wings look quite complex to attach them all together.

3 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

That wing design is amazing.

1 Like

i like how you kept the keetorange to the claws. looks nice.

1 Like

Oh wow you actually made gaardus look cool

1 Like

Given the rather messy and chaotic nature of the official combiner, this looks very nice. Glad you were able to make Gaardus look good.

1 Like

Oww yes, now that works. Love what you did with the wings.

1 Like

Such a fantastic build, it truly captures the mutated nature of Gaardus.

2 Likes

Always interested to see someone do a revamp of this guy, and you did a great job!

Any revamp on Gaardus would be an improvement, but I wasn’t expecting it to be this awesome!

This is super cool. I’ve often thought about how Gaardus might be redesigned to look good while still maintaining his proportions, and this is pretty close to what I was imagining.

1 Like

Niiiiice very nice :smiley: I love the wings, I love the claw arms I love that he still has the feel of the original. I love the wings a lot. You did a fantastic job here.

1 Like