BIONICLE's Plot Holes

Let’s talk about Bionicle’s Plot Holes.

7 Likes

I think the biggest plot holes all come from characters with OP masks like Bitil or Brutaka, Why didn’t he just use his mask to go somewhere better? Or use his mask to solve any and all problems anyone might have?

12 Likes

How were the Toa Mata standing in exactly the right places to get dropped into the tubes that led to the Energized Protodermis vat? Why was there an EP vat there at all? Why did they have to collect all the Krana to unlock the Exo-Toa? How did the Turaga seem to know where the Kanohi Nuva were? How did Artakha know when to teleport the Kanohi Nuva?

17 Likes

Umm, telepathy.

Same way he spoke with Tren Krom and Lewa.

I assume Artakha was in communication with someone there on the island(Turaga), or he can see far away like he can speak far away.

11 Likes

Doesn’t speal mean like an argument or tangent or something? I thought everyone could go far off topic.

Which I did in this post…

6 Likes

Typo.

Big deal.

6 Likes

I think the biggest plot hole was how BIONICLE Characters died. It was explained that Bionicles who died were sent to the red star to be revived and sent back to the Mata Nui robot. but, since everyone is trapped there with the kestora, we still don’t know what happened to the characters who died, such as:

1. Lhikan/Toa Mangai
  2. Lesovikks Team
  3. Jovan and his team
  4. Any one else who died in the story
    Since Makuta Teridax “died”, he’d be sent to the red star as well as the other Makuta who died in the Karda Nui storm
    edit: Pohatu, Kopaka, and Mavrah were last mentioned at the red star.

Here’s another plot hole: Velika. Since he was a powerful great being, why couldn’t he just kill everyone instead of using Lesovikks sword or blowing up the order of mata Nui? or was being in a matoran body restricting his powers?

6 Likes

The Makuta didn’t transport to the Red Star because they were made of Antidermis. Same with the Rahi.
Lhikan and Lessovik’s team are likely on the Red Star, but whether they’re zombies or not is unknown. Jovan likely did not get transported because he was likely crushed when Mahri Nui fell away.

7 Likes

Apparently Jovan did get transported to the Red Star.

1 Like

He’s too secretive to have been in contact w/ anyone, methinks. I guess it’s possible he had some way of sensing when it happened, but I don’t recall a detailed explanation of that ever being given. Plus, did he make the masks ahead of time, or make them after the transformation? If the former, how did he know what they were supposed to look like? If the latter, he must have some sort of “scrying” ability, which, as far as I’m aware, was never established (and would potentially introduce more plot problems–why didn’t he use it to keep close tabs on the Makuta after he found out they were evil?)

But my real complaint is that the Toa Nuva’s transformation was not well thought-out, which required it to be explained away in (at least partially) hand-wavy ways later on.

5 Likes

“Bionicle had no plot holes. please move along.”
“Bionicle is the perfect story. please move along.”
“Bionicle has no plot holes. everything is explained perfectly. please move along.”

7 Likes

cough…takutanuva jaller resurrection…cough

10 Likes

My theory on that is that Makuta knew about the Red Star and TakutaNuva used that knowledge to teleport Jaller back from there.

6 Likes

People on the island don’t go to the red star. wait Were they on the island? I don’t think that where the were counts as inside the MU.

4 Likes

Vakama: “Let us awaken the Great Spirit!”

Doesn’t awaken the Great Spirit for 5 years.

15 Likes

In the actual story wasn’t it just a week or so?

2 Likes

I’m not exactly sure, I think it may have been a little longer than just one week, but it definitely wasn’t even a year. I was mostly just going off of real time.

1 Like

If Jaller didn’t go to the Red Star then he wouldn’t have come back.

5 Likes

Well, hey. Nobody knows what happens when light and darkness come together. The real plot hole is how takanuva came back.

2 Likes

2008 Takanuva begs to differ on your first point.

3 Likes