BIONICLE's Plot Holes

You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today, punk.

/s

Oh yeah, they do have 42 powers. My bad. It doesn’t make them any less OP though.

4 Likes

72 if you count their sports skills

9 Likes

Valid point.

You sir just made my day. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week.

4 Likes

You… can I keep you?

/jk

2 Likes

Nah, I have to draw a picture for Teridax’s sports lessons. You never know when you’ll have to challenge a Toa to a sport.

1 Like

I always wondered how the canisters came from the center of the universe, inside the codrex, and on top of that went even deeper underground in those holes but still somehow crashed on the surface from the sky.

4 Likes

Teleportation discs do exist in BIONICLE…

2 Likes

The placement of everything in the bionicle still confuses me a bit.

4 Likes

Actually, It was said that Toa Canisters could kinda “ghost” through solid material, actually. Like the Zamor Spheres.

4 Likes

This one occurred to me today.

Makuta wants Vakama to create a Mask of Time for him so that he can speed up time for the himself until the Matoran in the spheres lose their memories. The Matoran are in those spheres until the Toa Metru rescue them, which only takes a couple of weeks at most. Why did Makuta need the Mask of Time?

4 Likes

IIRC, the Matoran remembered Metru Nui when they first got to Mata Nui, but they forgot over the course of that year of peace due to their time in the sphereres.

1 Like

How did you forget Matoro…he gave his life

1 Like

His body was destroyed. You don’t get revived if your body’s not intact.

1 Like

That makes sense… if you watch the end of LoMN, some Matoran actually saw the Turaga as Toa Metru.

As Calvatron said, you need an intact “brain” to be revived.

Here are some valid holes:

Many mechanisms in the Matoran Universe Robot seem to only exist for one purpose for a given situation purely to move the plot along. Things like the Toa Canisters, the Codrex, and that little door placed on the robot’s foot all help the characters out in every circumstance. The Great Beings must have been looking at the future the whole time.

How does energized protodermis work? Since the liquid is sapient, does it just arbitrarily choose who to transform? Or does it only transform those “destined” to? If “destined” is correct, then who had enough foresight to design the characters that way?

What happened in Krakua’s future? What evil force is Krakua protecting the fortress from?

How did one Turaga fix the entire city of Metru Nui by himself after the events of 2005? Keetongu and the Rahaga stayed behind, but it still seems unlikely that a group of seven elders and a Rahi fixed one massive city with no other Matoran around.

Why didn’t Makuta Teridax create the Rahkshi earlier so that they could steal the Great Kanohi masks in the 2001 story arc? They are obviously much more intelligent and likely more powerful than the Rahi.

Since it is established that all of the 2004-2005 story arc is simply Vakama telling the Matoran and Toa Nuva of the past, then how does he know exactly what the Toa Hagah look like? Does he keep a photograph of them in his chambers?

Why did the Toa Nuva suddenly need symbols to harness their elemental energy when they transformed even though they did not need them before? Also, why did they just randomly appear in the villages shortly after the transformation?

Since Ta-Koro was completely destroyed in the 2003 arc, what happened to Tahu’s Nuva Symbol with the Suva gone? If it was destroyed then how does he retain his control over fire?

How was Takanuva revived at the end of Mask of Light? I realize that the movie probably isn’t canon but I’m still baffled.

The original golden masks are pointless. In the comics it is established that masks “stack” over each other when collected and the mask automatically switches shapes in the MNOG, so having a mask with all six powers is meaningless when you can just switch modes at will.

7 Likes

this always bugged me

2 Likes

Right, the Nuva symbols only existed to prolong the story for six months. Think about it, if the Bohrok Kal saga never happened, it would not effect the overall story.