Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

If that is something that he is concerned about, I would think he would be pretty cool with Lego, given their recent environmental and sustainability initiatives.

However, there may be other reasons he is against toys. Maybe he just wants to focus on the story. Or maybe Lego is willing to let him use their IP, but they won’t invest in toys. Of course, that assumes that this is Bionicle-related.

Altogether, I don’t think we can expect toys for this, for whatever reason.

@RonimusPrime

He is involving Lego because this is their IP, not necessarily because he wants to make sets. This could not be ‘true’ Bionicle if it is not approved by Lego. However, Lego does not need to be involved beyond this point.

It would certainly be a unique situation, with Lego ‘producing’ (read: approving Faber’s story) a storyline without any sets, but Lego would have no obligation to invest any money towards producing or marketing the story. This does not need to be a ‘Lego theme’.

Just think of how the serials worked after G1’s discontinuation. The Bionicle theme was officially discontinued by Lego, and no sets were made. But Greg Farshtey still needed the seal of approval from Lego for the new story.

2 Likes

Here’s something new: Christian Guldberg Faber on Instagram: "Legends don’t dissapear, they change, evolve and survive because they hold the very core of life. A 450 million years survivor #horseshoecrab A reallife #missinglink #biovival"

2 Likes

Tbh I’m more hyped for Rebel Nature than Biovival

It’s actually 5 weeks old.

Honestly I’m most excited for Rig21. Rebel Nature seems cool and right up my alleyway, but I’m really interested in the technology behind it.

2 Likes

Firstly some news. A new post was posted by Faber. It seems to imply that there willl be a physical component to the BIOVIVAL.
Secondly, a question. From the posts in this thread, it seems that Faber has concluded some sort of deal with LEGO. Am I right?
Also, will the project be coming in 2021, the 20th annivesary of release of BIONICLE, or is the date unknown?

3 Likes

I doubt that.

We don’t know anything and seeing how long it takes to launch Rebel Nature it could take years until we see the result of the project. Faber himself stressed how important patience should be for the community he is gathering.

2 Likes

This is over a month old and it doesn’t actually confirm any of the things you’ve said.

6 Likes

This is a clarification.
Only claim I made was concerning physical component of the project. I did not claim that Faber concluded a deal with LEGO, others claimed that and I asked about that claim. Likewise, I did not claim that BIOVIVAL will come in 2021, that was question on speculation on my part. On the actual question of whethever the post confirms my claim:
Firstly, I did not say there will be mass produced toyline, I only said that there will be physical component of the project.For example, BIONICLE Eternal has a physical component as the characters are actualy built. That only single speciemen of each character exists (At least to my knowledge) does not change this.
Secondly, in the post Faber expressed strong interest in 3D printing in relation to BIOVIVAL. I am of the opinion that this implies that there will be a physical component to BIOVIVAL, likely on same scale as BIONICLE Eternal, Biowave Project, or Wild Shores.

2 Likes

Not sure exactly what this is, but we’ve got a new post from Faber. It seems to imply that whatever this project is, it will happen in 2021:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJON9TdpBuV/?igshid=1772jhsz9k9b3

12 Likes

Maybe, but don’t count your chickens before they’ve hatched.

4 Likes

I mean, Faber outright stated that he’s gonna make this happen in 2021, support or no. Granted, that doesn’t take into account any unforseen catastrophes, but this isn’t a guess anymore, it’s a promise. Just a question of whether or not circumstances will conspire against him.

7 Likes

There’s also the question of what he’s going to make happen. All we know is that is has… something to do with Bionicle.

6 Likes

I mean, if he said that he’d do it, then that’s promising…

Since apparently you didn’t check out the linked post before commenting:

I consider ‘21 the ultimate [#biovival] year and we, the community are going to make things happen, supported or not.

This was a part of his post, yes. Though, as Jerminator said, we don’t know exactly what to look forwards to this year. Still, I’m curious to see what it is.

8 Likes

Who here wants to bet he’s going to re-release Mask of Light, but with Lewa’s voice fixed, so instead of having the Irish accent voice, he has the one from the 2,003 video game?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

but if lewa isn’t irish what do I do with all my shrek jokes

7 Likes

Stop making them…

For five minutes?

9 Likes

You mean the even worse one? Because Mata Nui, that game had awful voice acting.

Tell him to get out of your swamp, maybe?

2 Likes

yeah let’s just get Eljay

5 Likes