Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Really? Then I guess the concept art and logos and business talks and literally everything he’s ever done online was all just his personal art or whatever. The art of… Scheduling business meetings.

He’s selling a product. This is a marketing campaign and it’s gained him a substantial following. It’s given him the credit necessary to speak in a TedX talk. He’s done an interview with TTV revolving around his project.

He’s selling a product. Don’t kid yourself.

The classic ‘you’re an idiot so why do I bother’.

Actually, yeah, why do you bother? If you’re so convinced you’re right and the rest of the people are wrong… Why are you listening to me at all?

And if you’re so done… Why’d you come back the last two times you were done?

9 Likes

Maybe just listen to the interview before arguing about its content.

6 Likes

I’m working off this theory:

If a definite answer was stated, someone would’ve repeated it by now. Instead, it’s more questions, which seems to imply that Faber said more of the same, which was more fortune cookies. I’ll definitely be watching the interview, but I’m hardly at fault for drawing that inference.

4 Likes

Oh he is where do you buy it? How much do I need to spend? How much money have you invested?

I’m not convinced I’m right, just that you are wrong.

Maybe do this:

or this:
Wait until he has a product to sell or anything to sell and decide then if you are willing to support him.

3 Likes

Red herring. And I’m not taking the bait, man.

Hey! Here’s something that looks cool. I wonder what it means?

What? Smash Bros? What gave you that idea? You think there’s going to be a product to buy in the near future? You idiot. You’re a braindead slug for thinking this was a product; how could you be so dense. You’re making up stuff as you go along! There is NO product!!

Hey! here’s something that looks cool. I wonder what it means?

Maybe do this:

Read my posts before you make arguments that get defeated retroactively by them.

I decided the day he posted the first logo because that’s exactly what he was saying.

8 Likes

the issue is that i’m technically on @Tarkur’s side but i don’t want to associate with it because he’s making us look bad

3 Likes

Ok, then if you’ve made up your mind about it why continue arguing?

Noted

Nice! allegory where did you find it the internet? In all fairness Faber has not forced you to do anything, no matter what argument you want to throw against this claim. I suggest waiting things out. :grinning:

1 Like

Because, um…

There are other people to convince besides just Tarkur? And it appears to be working.

Well, uh, thanks for completely ignoring the allegory and trying to insult me instead?

If you’re not going to address it I’m just going to assume you had no counter argument and that my point will go unchallenged. Again, thanks… I think?

“No matter what you say, I’m right”

You also suggested it being perfectly reasonable to wait for two more years to see what develops. I made arguments against that already.

9 Likes

No I have several this conversation is just not worth my time

Mhm. You have several, and are obviously much smarter than me, you’re just above proving it. I see.

Well since it is worth mine, for the sake of keeping on topic I’ll reiterate. Don’t feel obligated to respond; this isn’t directed at you.

Faber posted a logo for something known at the time as Biovival. When he did, he immediately made a sales pitch. You can’t post a logo tease and expect not to be bound. After that point, he was under obligation to say something definite in regards to the situation.

But he didn’t. Instead of further confirming there was some kind of project or idea in the process of coming to fruition, he became more and more vague, posting hype-generating concept art and using his elevated internet status to get into talks with unknown companies and scoring a TedX talk about his personal goals and history with the LEGO company.

Now due to poor public relations and his increasing wishy-washy attitude, a large portion of his following is angrily demanding that a more definite view of Faber’s goals be presented before there is a fallout among his supporters. And now even more than ever, he is doing whatever he can to keep what Biovival really is a closely guarded secret.

It’s been both a brilliant and suicidal campaign which has kept him on the brink of utter failure so often that it’s practically the norm. I don’t want Faber to keep this up because it will end badly for him, and I personally don’t want to see Biovival fail. But for my wishes to come true, he needs to say something more than the vague, empty thoughts of a dreaming sketch artist.

And that’s been my position and it will continue to be my position until I hear a solid argument against it which, unlike recent discussion, actually bothers to argue my argument.

8 Likes

With all due respect, you are entirely at fault for drawing conclusions on an interview before having watched it.

Pretty much all of your points are covered in it:

• The detailed thinking behind #biovival and how it came about. (Leaving no room to still think Faber has some secret products ready to go.)

• TTV asking how we can support #biovival, and Faber basically saying he’d like community input, but not yet because things aren’t set up. (So no, he hasn’t asked for anything from anyone at this point.)

• This actually being TTV’s main question to Faber:

Please, if posting these posts is worth your time, then looking at the evidence is even more so.

No. I don’t want to be patronising by explaining that not every piece of concept art posted is an advert for an upcoming product, but I really don’t know what else your misunderstanding could be.

10 Likes

nope.

I’ll grant that, but only barely. This community is one that readily regurgitates everything it hears for one reason or another. If there are the points you’ve made, I’d expect to have heard it before now.

Undoubtedly. And the only reason I haven’t done so is lacking time adequate to be filled by it. At the nearest convenience I absolutely will.

My misunderstanding is this. You are an individual who represents either yourself or a company, and in Faber’s position it could very well be both. A logo is not a concept art piece, it is the face of the product. And the Biovival logo is hardly a first draft; it’s intricate and well-designed and has been through the ringer far before it arrived on instagram.

I’ve been employed as a graphic designer yada yada nobody cares and this pretty much never happens. You don’t post a logo as something to muse about. It’s a promise that a product is on the way. I cannot think of any company or individual doing what you’re implying Faber did - post a specific logo with no theoretical new products intended and no strings attached and no hype desired (where we’re going, we don’t need logos) - unless they were doing so as a portfolio piece, and Faber hardly is.

He made a promise. The logo was the first post.

Then… let’s hear some arguments?

If you’re just going to say Tarkur is making you look bad… And you aren’t going try and rectify that situation… Maybe your argument looking bad isn’t that much of a concern?

I mean, aside from making you look wrong. In a two-sided debate, that definitely hurts your case.

3 Likes

I also suggest watching the interview, I know, how bold and daring of me. I know that it might not give 100% definite answers about some questions, but it gives us a very good idea of where Faber is trying to come from with this.

2 Likes

i would, but i’m not sure i could put it into words well. i don’t want to say something that makes me look like a silly willy.

3 Likes

How could you say something so controversial and yet so brave?

I mean, this is Christian Faber we’re talking about.

You are talking to a fully grown adult male who personifies himself as an eldritch corruption of the plastic face of an action figure designed for 10 yr olds who also spends his free time on an internet forum about a podcast where other fully grown adults talk about said action figures for 10 yr olds with specific interest to this topic about a european man showing off a roll of toilet paper on stage.

Feel free to be a silly willy.

8 Likes

maybe later
i gotta go to a place people go on sunday

2 Likes

Godspeed, and I actually have to leave now too

The moral of the story is: wait do we live in the same time zone

2 Likes

Honestly the podcast interview is interesting. And I suppose I understand if faber cant say anything because he is afraid of getting sued or something. So really I just hope to hear more from faber just to hear him reminisce about the making of bionicle. I could listen to that all day.

3 Likes

It’s especially even more odd considering that the whole point of Rebel Nature is about environmentalism, and NFTs (and cryptocurrencies in general) are inherently awful for the environment. Maybe a bit harsh, but I basically imagine this meme whenever Faber talked about that stuff:

Plus, his comment that the “young people” aren’t into environmentalism is just wrong (*stares in Greta Thunberg). I got the impression that he still believes in the 90s form of environmentalism that placed emphasis on consumers to stop littering, as opposed to more modern interpretations that focus on large-scale, systematic changes (cough cough corporations cough cough).

Oh and I guess he said stuff about Biovival or whatever. Who cares, it’s exactly the same vapid stuff he’s posted before.

9 Likes