Bird Function (Concept) [Bionicle 2016 Beasts]

There has been alot of speculation surrounding the Bionicle 2016 creature and beast sets. many hope for big rahi with cool functions. So I was thinking of functions and custom gearboxes. I came up with this wing function wich allows a flapping motion.

Keep in mind I made this moc for the function and not the aesthetics.

the wings are extremly heavy so if this would become a reality the wing would have to be made out of those thin plastic pieces to keep weight and cost low. I also added a lift arm so the wings don’t bend the size 4 black axels in the gear box.

Interdimensional time traveling muaka is almost finished :smiley:

45 Likes

wow this is SO cool especially with the gear function :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If there were no function, it would still look amazing. Being picky, I’d like some more trans on the legs, but overall, I love the function; looks like a set that you could buy.

3 Likes

VERY nice. As a MOC it looks great and the function is icing on the cake.

The tan small gears look like they can slip, is that an issue?

Idly wondered if you could post this in the Concept MOC topic, But I imagined you want actual critique/praise. Still though, fantastic MOC it deserves its own page.

3 Likes

This is so awesome… very well made and the gear function is cool too. ^^

1 Like

they haven’t slipped yet but I don’t dought that could happen. I think it hasn’t happened because I left very little room for it to ■■■■■.

Do you mind if I link this to the Concept MOC Topic?

2 Likes

no, go ahead :smile:

1 Like

I need this as a set.

2 Likes

With one flap it can cross all of Okoto. (Which is good, because it’s too tired for a second.)

Great job.

3 Likes

I don’t know what else to say but… this is solid. Its like Nivawk got a G2 counterpart.

2 Likes

I think the wings should be technic so that the joints don’t flop about when the function is used. But, the MOC itself, looks fantastic. :smile:

how do you know they flop :wink: because they only do when you go absolute beserk with the thing.

4 Likes

I’m assuming because of Gali’s function, and how her elbow bends bacwards when you use it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Incredible! :smiley:

~Daler

2 Likes

Awesome but uh… I hate to tell you this:
Don’t these creatures cost 10 bucks?

1 Like

The gearbox is what I like to call “genius”

Although the design itself is probably a bit overkill for 10$

2 Likes

I haven’t seen many bird MOCs, but I can say that if I had, this would probably still be one of the best.

1 Like

So I’ll just click on this topic and see what function Darknova came up with and-HOLY HELL THAT’S AN IMPRESSIVE MOC!!!

The Wingspan is huge, the color scheme is great, the overall presence is foreboding and intimidating, and not to mention that the wing-flapping function looks great!

If the set designers over at LEGO don’t implement something similar to this, I will be very disappointed.

1 Like

thats why I named it beasts :wink:

2 Likes