BLAZEN Beast vs. SPYRIX Battle Rover

NEW from LEGO HERO Factory!

Stop the raging BLAZEN Beast with SPYRIX Battle Rover!

SPYRIX, race into battle with the four-wheeled rover! The BLAZEN Beast is trying to turn Antropolis City into ash and rubble. Watch out for its massive claws, they spew plasma-fire. Use your hydro-cannon to put out the BLAZEN Beast’s fires. Keep an eye on that tail, or it will knock over your rover. Blast the raging beast with your goo canon to calm it down and put it to sleep. But your aim better be true, this angry beast can jump high with its short skeletal-wings. Save Antropolis City before it’s too late!

• Includes SPYRIX mini robot
  • BLAZEN Beast features moveable mouth, short skeletal-wings, bashing tail, slashing plasma-fire claws, plasma-flamethrower hands, posable joints and translucent elements
  • Battle Rover features detachable seat with opening armored visor, firing hydro-cannon, firing goo cannon, and 4 wheels with adjustable back-wheel heights
  • Flip over the Rover with BLAZEN Beast’s tail
  • Attack with the Rover’s cannons
  • Help SPYRIX stop the raging BLAZEN Beast and save Antropolis City
  • Put out all of the fires with the Rover’s hydro-cannon
  • BLAZEN Beast stands over 9” (23cm) tall
  • Battle Rover stands over 4” (10cm) tall

Blazen Beast:

Battle Rover:

Battle Rover (adjusted height):

Mia Spyrix (IFB):
SPYRIX

Spyrix is one of Hero Recon Team’s field data collector and analyst. Ever need to learn more about lifeforms or technology left behind by the villains? No problem! Spyrix will get that intel in a sitch and even stop a crime or two while she’s at it.

Movie Quotes:

“Good, I need to know if I’m crazy.”
“If anyone asks, I’ll just pretend I’m Bulk.”

Strengths:

• Thorough analyzer
  • Self-motivated
  • Not afraid of the odds

Weakness:

• Overly pessimistic, often thinks of the worst ways the universe can end while on break.

…So, yeah, I realize I’m a day late, but this is my Herofebruary build! Plus Febrovery to boot. I had completed this back in February 13th, but I have been waiting for my new lighting setup to arrive. Hopefully the photos look better than before, but still learning on what intensities to use. And as I was waiting, I quickly threw together an interpretation of what Spyrix’s Minifig might look like as a regular figure.

Please let me know what you think.

#letsbuildheroes

27 Likes

I like the way the rover looks. It would’ve been nice if one of the heroes had a car or tank like vehicle in Invasion From Below. Do the wheels spin though?

1 Like

Unfortunately, they do not. Originally, this vehicle included a pullback motor and would have been a Bioformer/Heroformer of sorts. Minimal transformation, if you could call it that, where it would go from a bipedal battle mech into a more compact wheeled mode. You can see some remnants of that design in the back wheels. The arms on this potential mech were planned to just hang out like a Bullet Bill.

But I got tired after many failed attempts and ended up making the vehicle we see here. I did try to work out a design where the wheels could move, but couldn’t find a pleasing solution. So my ending compromise was for looks rather than function. Perhaps there is an easy way staring me in the face, but I couldn’t find it at time of building.

1 Like

I have two ideas. The easiest would be to just replace the 3L axles holding the wheels with lightsaber rods. Admittedly, this would be a pretty weak connection, but they’d roll.

The second would be to replace the 3L axles with a couple of axle-pins plugged into one of these:

2 Likes

They’re actually 5L axels, but your solution might work. I’ll have to try it later.

That’s the cutest rover I’ve seen in my life. Well done.

1 Like

Cute? Cute! CUTE!!

*grumbles like the edgelord I am that it isn’t supposed to be cute * :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

1 Like

Well actually thtat’s pretty brutal rover I see here.

All three things are cool, but rover actually coul’ve been done better, too much joints for more or less static vehicle. But there is actually a cool usage for that added poseability…
Also water canon is neat.
Blazen beast’s claws are very cool, “hair” on head is a great pick.

1 Like