Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

In terms of colour schemes, yes. I hate the colour scheme for Stone (g1) but it’ll be hard to see it go regardless. If nature involves a limited control over air so that air is still there a bit then yes, I can accept Stone being removed

Seems legit, but they’ll always be their original Elements in my mind.

This.
Maybe give Pohatu bright orange instead of brown, similar to his Phantoka form, so he pops out more.

This looks beautiful. Thank you for this.

1 Like

And with my line up they’d still vaguely have their colors as well.

@Political_Slime would you be so kind as to line up the current fire water ice and stone/earth with my air and nature?

Nope, not one bit.
I feel that the original characters should have there original elements. Make them other characters.
(I’m sorry if I sound harsh, but I have some examples, if you want to see them: Brickonicle- My Element Ideas [Characters]) (don’t worry; yellow is included in a couple)

1 Like

im not. i personaly just don’t like the idea of having Pohatu get a power that just fits so much more with Lewa and have Lewa be the one who would resive a new power that just would remind people of Jay from Ninjago.

also, Pohatu and Lewa’s mask powers, the more i think about it, works better with the elemental choises i have in mind, air works with pohatu’s mask of speed because as shown with most characters with super speed, their fast movements allows them to manipulate air by ither running really fast in a sircle or by moving their arms at an incredible speed.

Lewa’s Mask of Levitation (or as it was shown in the old DC Bionicle comics, “the mask of rocket feet”:
)

would still work well if he had the elemental power of nature/flora/plantlife.

Im actualy thinking of writing my own Bionicle G3 idea topic were in i can tell more of my own vision of a G3.

Twould make sense. But I think Mask Powers have been collectively thrown out the window for G3.

1 Like

Could you go into further explanation? I know you say it looks more vibrant compared to the others, but that shouldn’t be the case given the hues used.

Again, why? This topic is meant for discussion, not just statements. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s still really weak IMO. I’m still of the belief that brown should not be a primary color for any of our Toa. Air doesn’t have the same contrast that the others have.

What exactly about Lewa’s character says “Nature” to you? Plants grow slowly, gradually. They’re powerful, but not quick or impulsive. This doesn’t align with Lewa at all. Lewa acts on impulse, and is constantly moving around. He doesn’t like to stay in one place, and doesn’t think twice about an action.

…or any other lightning-based character from pop culture?

2 Likes

In a word: No. I’ll add more later, right now I’m busy.

I don’t know, it just doesn’t work visually for me, it doesn’t have an elemental feel like the others, and again, it feels too vibrant.

Because air is a more common element than lightning, and fits more with the natural feel of the other elements, also your color scheme for lightning is gaudy and jarring.

I agree, that’s why I said burnt orange, it still has a nature vibe while meshing with the level of vibrancy of the other elements.

It looks fine, ice doesn’t have the same contrast as the others either.

2 Likes

While it is true that air is more common than lightning, it’s difficult to represent in Lego form. Lewa G1 didn’t do a bad job, but I’m sure if you asked any kid what his element was, they’d tell you “Jungle”.

My apologies for saying brown. I still feel that burnt orange suffers from the same issues as brown, namely that it

The fact that tons of Pohatu 2015 stayed on clearance is a pretty good indication that he sold just as well in G2.

…Ice has a ton of contrast. The medium azure stands out very distinctly from the white. The shades of blue and green used for Air are very close to each other, and don’t pop as much.

I think that had more to do with his underwhelming design and lackluster feel when compared to the other toa in 2015, not his colours. 2016 Pohatu had issues with colours but due to too many colours, not specifically burnt orange. So overall Pohatu g2 sold poorly not because of burnt orange but because in the first year his design was mishandled in terms of build and in the second year because of trying to balance too many colours. Hope I made my point clear there

3 Likes

That has 30 voters. The OP’s poll has over 100.

But if a majority wanted to keep Stone, then it wouldn’t have less than 50% support in the OP’s poll. What it shows is, for each element, what percentage of voters want it represented in the main cast. Stone has less than 50%. Ergo, a majority wants to get rid of it, which we can discern by the fact that 62% has not included it in their elemental wishlist. I understand how it works; what doesn’t make sense is why that somehow doesn’t represent what the majority thinks on the matter.

Well, we don’t know either way why he failed. All I know is that Brown/Burnt Orange sets have a history of not selling well. Is that solely due to the color? Maybe. Maybe not. But it seems highly coincidental to me.

1 Like

to be fair, gali master and onua master were consistently on clearance in target

4 Likes

I actually got a spare Gali on clearance in like February/March 2015.

While this is a very fair point, G3 sets would not just be selling one character each set.
With the TTV running it, more of the sets would probably be creatures or landscapes, and dessert could be one such landscape, making a brown minifigure the perfect fit for that set.

4 Likes

Hmm, yummy, what’s on the menu? /s :wink:

1 Like

Red fire
Blue water
White ice
Green jungle
Yellow …
You say air is hard to represent, but lightning isn’t any easier.
And I’m sure if you asked any kid they’d say gali was a guy, or onua was shadow, any random kid doesn’t know the lore, they just think it looks cool.
If you asked rando what the yellow dudes element was, what would they say?

1 Like