Brickonicle- My Element Ideas [Characters]

Although it will never happen, the discussion of something like BRICKONICLE would keep community alive. It gives us something new to talk about, similar to what HF did post-cancellation.

1 Like

As a wise man once said “only those things that are truly pointless can provide true happiness.”

~W12~

2 Likes

Then why are you here? Because that’s literally the point of not only this topic, but this entire catagory.

4 Likes

I was just saying that it’s pointless to talk about collectables that will never be collected.

Okay, I get your point.
Masks are were Bionicles Legacy (G2 kinda ruined them).

Show me how they can work though, specifically for minifigures. (Smaller helmets don’t really have the same connection to people as do masks that you can actually appreciate (It just that they’re really small, first of all; usually when Lego does collectibles , they make them more noticeable as they have done with weapons.)

I’d rather switch up the powers, for the Toa Mata at least, so that it’s not just minifig G1 Toa right from the get-go.

My main concern would be incorporating them interestingly into the story. If the plot is to unfreeze villages in time, how are gaining mask powers going to achieve that goal? (maybe split them up, meaning masks for the first half of the year, and saving the island for the second?) I really don’t want them to act as a key to a certain temple or anything, as that was already done in G1.
And let’s not just make them solely marketing devices with the only relevance in the story being Gaining more power.

Basically, how would you want mask powers to be both incorporated into the story and be a marketing device?

If you want to see how fetch questing can make sense in the story that TTC has been outlining, might I direct you to my topic discussing TTV’s pitch:

By giving them abilities to help them combat the forces trying to prevent them from achieving their goal? I’m not saying you can’t have the mask of time as the main plot device of your arc.

1 Like

I’m just afraid doing it that way will be a little redundant, as almost every Lego theme does it that way - increased power is always the same, stopping someone else with certain artifacts can be different, though, if done well.

And you still haven’t answered what extra abilities they should be given.

@Matanui606 I saw that topic when you released it and greatly admire your ideas, but you never specified what powers the Kanohi masks have; they could just be Masks and Weapons fused with the elements, as I’ve suggested, and it wouldn’t change a thing.

I mean, I assumed they were the original masks.

As far as the weapons go that’s what I was kinda thinking (for masks see above). The way I figured it they had no great masks or Toa Tools because they just transformed. It’s less of a getting more power thing and more of just a getting equipped thing.

1 Like

I’m sorry, when did you ask that?

Anyway, the g1 mask powers are a solid starting point, shielding, X-ray vision, flight, shape-shifting, etc, of course some new ones are welcomed as well.

2 Likes

Probably replace water breathing, it was kinda lame and seemed like something a Toa of water should be able to do on their own.

3 Likes

Personally I’d replace it with a mask of rebreath, allowing the wearer to survive otherwise fatal atmospheres, whether under water, in poison gas or even a vacuum(let’s just ignore all the other horrible things that would happen in a vacuum).

2 Likes

That works.

Then that makes more sense. At least then they still have to acquire their respective elements. (I’d still think some masks, specifically the mask of levitation, should be switched if Lewa can fly, as in G2)

@Payinku I Asked it here:

And here:

(though I can understand if you mistook them for something else)

Now, if we’re keeping the original mask powers for the toa mata, which new ones would be included to replace the ones that don’t makes sense with the character (Gali and Lewa’s masks)

I’m not going to argue with the use of the mask of speed, even if it does contradict my ideas, as the argument has ceased already

This works for Gali in my opinion.

As for Lewa, you could change it to outright flight, although I thought the combination of levitation and air to create flight was really cleaver.

1 Like

I’m content with that.

I’m just glad were getting rid of the masks that didn’t need to be included: Olmak, Undeath, Scavenging (the pointless and OP ones)

I liked the Olmak, but there’s no reason to include it early on. That’s for later world expansion :wink:

1 Like

As long as it’s a legendary mask, I’m happy.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Punny.

But, yeah, I’m on board with culling the pointless masks.

2 Likes

It’s even better if it’s a legendary mask from another universe.

2 Likes