CCBS Modernized Rahkshi...very simple!

I tested how to make a modern look for the classic rahkshi villains. I know most of these pieces are custom painted in Bricklink Stud.io program and the neck isn’t perfect but the back can be tilted upwards or any way you prefer.

The staff is intended as a 10 length axle but i used a 8 length axle but i dislike having trouble connecting two axles on separate hands.

Most of the set is pohatu uniter but no unity piece in the torso. Then you use the rahkshi parts you prefer and fill the rest of the colors with pieces.

modern rahkshi_3

12 Likes

I feel that pose doesn’t do them justice. They do look good though but the renders and posing need a bit of help.
Do you have the stud.io files? I’d be happy to do a couple of nice renders for you with more accurate colours if you’d like.

6 Likes

Don’t know if it’s public yet feel free to use them.

4 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think they look pretty cool. The ball on the Rahkshi cradle drives me nuts as always but everyone gets a free pass on that, it’s just such an awkward part. Nice job!

Yeah Alucia is quite the poser, Rukah knows what I’m talkin about amiright Rukah

6 Likes

:open_mouth: No idea what your insinuating Wekua :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I just think you’re great at posing mocs, no insinuation here

4 Likes

Yup

Also NoIdeaForAUsername these Rahkshi mocs look pretty cool. A bit clunky design-wise but other than that these are neat.

3 Likes

Yeah i don’t have skilled or patience for extremely detailed creations like Tahu CCBS that Alucus of the black Abyss from BZPower made

I can occasionally redesign limbs a bit more detailed but not really on extreme levels. Just look him up. I don’t want links overshadowing my topic.

4 Likes

You do great :slight_smile: You have to start out simple and you improve over time.

That’s me btw :slight_smile:

You will improve. You just have to keep practicing.

5 Likes

Don’t worry. You already have a better start than I do! I need to build more myself…

3 Likes

WAIT That was you? The CGI art on those is incredible including how Tahu destroyed the original hooded/knight Mistika Hau Nuva with the weapon. Still makes me laugh.

If there is one thing i would really try on the rahkshi, would be to add detailed printing representing both the old upper thighs and the complexity of the classic rahkshi legs on all if the 3 areas.

The reason i used pohatu uniter template is that he has the least ammount of pieces on his back and the skrall plates on the shoulders like him does look villainous.

4 Likes

That sounds like a really good idea. I like that a lot. I might try that with part designer at some point :slight_smile:

Hehe yeah that was me. I was a different person back then to now lol but it’s me.
That was one of the first topics I posted on here as well.

and I revamped them not too long ago here.

It all depends on if you are willing to use custom parts but Val has some incredible custom Rahkshi parts on their discord that look great too. Which I’ve been playing around with. Which might be worth adding if you’re interested in them.

5 Likes

That looks amazing. Too bad a TON of my sets were lost because of cracking long ago or were lost during moving. Kurahk is my favorite rahkshi and i barely managed to create a similar based on whatever i parts i have left.
His torso is mostly based on the stars heat rahkshi torso and a metru-matoran chest. However rubber can’t be painted though so i didn’t opt for modifying it for use, so his head is stuck being open.
Its also why i created those in Stud.io

4 Likes