Chibi Nui #8 - Karst Rimefang, Baron of the Northern Wastes

Karst Rimefang is the 8th Chibi Nui, built from parts of the 8th series of my Community Chibi Project. Making him up are my chibi versions of the self-MOCs of @Jayfa, EDICTARTS, hail_archeron (who has left the BioGram community sadly), Josiah Lang (younger brother of CallanLoF), @Monarth and @Chro:

Self-MOCs for the project are built sequentially based on a draw from a hat, with every 6 chibis being combined into a larger model with a story of its own.

If you’d like to nominate a self-MOC from the community to enter the pool, you can do that here.

Baron Rimefang is a bitter old scoundrel who gazes down at the Kingdom of Morcia from his bitter, cold realm with covetous eyes. Wearing a dread crown and prolonging his cursed existence with foul necromancy, he watches the warring provinces to the south for the opportunity to invade when they are at their weakest.

He does not often enter the field of battle himself, preferring to let his hordes of werebeasts and skeletons do the work for him, but his flail is a deathly match for any knight!

This Chibi Nui definitely went in a strange direction, but I’m very proud of him. It was one of those times when a character just rises out of the pieces and takes on a personality of their own!

A weak and wretched body made to look more regal by his armour, with a crown, high collar, and spooky purple and blue energy replacing several parts of his body. It’s a shame there’s no room in the Cyclic Plane storyline for a character like this but he was certainly a pleasure to make.

I’ve been having some fun playing around with Stud.io of late as well. I couldn’t fully remake him in it, but I did make his head and try some variations on the design out while I was experimenting with rendering.

35 Likes

Can you nominate your own self moc, or does it have to be someone well-known?

1 Like

You can’t nominate your own self-MOC, but it doesn’t have to be someone well-known. In fact the aim of my project is to get as many community members’ names in the hat and built as I can.

A slip goes into the hat for each nomination, so if a self-MOC is nominated multiple times that does make it more likely to come up sooner, but it’s no guarantee.

So, if you have a friend in mind or just someone you’ve stumbled across with a cool looking self-MOC, absolutely nominate them.

There are rules written on the project page.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I love this.

1 Like