ColdGoldLazarus' Overdesigned MoCs

Once again awesome love your Slizer/Throwbot mocs!

5 Likes

Thanks again!

2 Likes

It is not only still the weekend, but the beginning of a new month, so I felt now was an ideal time to post again.

Remnants
Part 2B: Dubhe
(Scuba)

Relevant Music: 1

Story: Of the eight survivors of the Cataclysm, Dubhe has been the most visibly changed by the experience. Where before she was a bratty but cheerful half-pint, extroverted to the extreme, she’s since become a quiet and moody loner who only bothers to put up with the others due to strength in numbers.
Like most in the group, she is a native of the Polar City, but her family hails from the Secondary Nations - in her case, the Northeast Archipelogo. Perhaps as a result, she very much enjoys swimming, and it is only when underwater that she feels some measure of peace, these days…

Out of all of the Slizers revamps, I think she is my best, and my favorite. Heck, I think she could hold her own against some of my Bionicle MOCs, too; even Lazadahki and… that other one that will be coming soon.
Fun fact: The scuba suit she’s wearing, and which is responsible for a lot of the bulk to her figure, (Sehrans are naturally very lithe and gangly) she doesn’t get in-story until Chapter three or four or so, when she has to do some actual deep-sea diving. Usually she swims in pools in the Dome or other buildings that survived the Cataclysm.

And a shot of the back. Sadly, the propellor doesn’t actually spin, despite my best efforts to figure something out. The five open ball-joints around it will probably bug some people, but they’re meant to be decorative. (Either that, or perhaps they were designed so divers could attatch various tools to them.)

And here’s the arm - simple, but I like it. The open axle has a purpose (porpise?) and the blue armour, I imagine, has some sort of rotor or something within that channels water through to help propel the suit, alongside the main propellor on the torso. Also, you can see where our senile cat decided that some poor Gahlok was an ideal meal.

And here we have the legs. Pretty happy with the lower portion, but the thighs look a bit bare to me in the front. :confused: I traded my little brother my Hahli Inika feet to get Tarix’s to use here.

This head is actually deserving of its own photo, with unique addons for both the breathing hose and for the big lantern thing that helps her see in the deeper trenches and whatnot. Also, the reason I used a Vahki waist on her neck rather than a Metru forearm or something? In-story, everyone has these frills (coughSlizerGearscough) going along the back of their necks, but the females generally have taller ones.

And here we get onto the main reason Dubhe is my favorite build out of the bunch. She’s simple, yet complex. Solid, looks pretty good if I do say so myself, and generally just works really well. One could barely tell I used a Mata torso in there if I hadn’t said as such.

Here we have her harpoon gun, which was vaguely modeled after Hahli Inika’s in that the actual harpoon is fired along a rail atop the main length.

The harpoon also slots onto a balljoint on her thigh for storage.

Comparison to the original, once again courtesy of Onyx Roborider. (I won’t be able to do this with all of them, by the way, as ones like Spark and Electra had to donate their purple pieces to the revamps.)

Like Lesath, the throwing arm can be used on her arm. (And that’s why the axle was open, too.)

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Unlike Lesath, posing with her is actually ridiculously fun despite her bulk.

“I’ll shoot!” Rearranging her throwing arm for this one was interesting, but far more frustrating was trying to get the camera to focus on her rather than the harpoon tip.

Is she getting ready to deck someone, or is she walking along the ocean floor? You decide. Also, note how her knee can bend, the blue plate meeting up with the Mata foot.

And her posing with her disk. Any thoughts?

WAIT! I nearly almost actually forgot to do these, but here you go:

Interactions!
As mentioned before, Lesath can be flirtatious and obnoxious, and he is this way the most with Dubhe. It doesn’t go over well, and he usually considers himself lucky to get away with it without losing consciousness. Doesn’t stop him from trying, unfortunately.

And a group shot to finish things off!

Also, since the next one will make things pretty obvious, this is your last chance to guess what naming convention I’m going with for these revamps. Internet cookies if you get it right!

Next Time: Many people are understandably frustrated about the lack of Purple in constraction, but they often forget another color.

12 Likes

…Pink? xD

1 Like

Eenope. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yellow is rare, alteals for me

1 Like

Same here, but there’s one even more rare than that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Herofactory Aqua/baby blue? Old Teal?

1 Like

Is it Teal, Turquoise, or Sand blue…?

1 Like

Due to the association with purple, I think we can assume CGL is referring to Stafford’s Victim, though there are several other colors with far less representation in Technic/CCBS/constraction as a whole.

1 Like

And I thought my MOCs were overdesigned. :wink:

1 Like

You are both correct in at least one of your guesses. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is Stafford’s Victim?

Heh, yeah. And while Lazadahki’s certainly up there, there’s another waiting in the wings that’s even more insane. XD

3 Likes

8 Likes

Great MOCs! I love Sanok’s forearms. The Slizers MOCs look pretty great too! Though I recommend you try to get rid of that datestamp. It’s a bit distracting.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. And yeah, that’s what’s up next.
I actually looked up Mark Stafford after you posted this; from what I gather, he had to choose either purple or teal to go on a set, and the other would be cut from the pallette entirely. No-win situations. :confused:

Thanks! And sure thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

His options were yellow, red, purple, and teal. If he took yellow or red, both purple and teal would be cut, so he decided to pick one of those.
Somewhere out there is an alternate plane of existence where he chose teal and we’ve got t-shirts that say “Mark Stafford killed purple”…

5 Likes

If he killed teal, then he also killed a certain breed of an endangered species on the island of Mata Nui…

Tarakava.

How dare he.

4 Likes

@ColdGoldLazarus
City slizer or Amazon?

4 Likes

Sorry Creep, but I see “Tavakava”… which sounds like some sort of fruit, or oriental food.

6 Likes

Sounds delicious if you ask me.

2 Likes