ColdGoldLazarus' Overdesigned MoCs

Mmmm… Throwbots…

2 Likes

Slizers is cooler name :smile_cat:

1 Like

Mmmm…

Yeah!

Eeyup. :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed! And yeah, Granite will be up sooner or later. I’ve taken the photos of Ski; I’ll try to put the post up this afternoon.

3 Likes

It’s been nine days since the last content post.
…Still better than my usual times.

Remnants
Part 2D: Meissa
(Ski)

Relevant Music: 1 and 2

Story: Second-oldest of the survivors and the group’s unofficial co-leader, Meissa can be alternately warm and supportive or cold and unyielding as the situation demands, but her overall concern is looking out for the others and what’s best for them - often at the expense of her own well-being.
Her family having originated from the frozen coasts of the Southern Polar Continent, Meissa has taken to traveling down there when the stress becomes too much, aimlessly exploring the cold wastes to clear her head.

I’m fairly happy with this build overall, but the limbs bug me a bit.

Back view. The gear back there is for purely aesthetic purposes, sadly.

The arm. A bit too long overall, I think, but they’re decent. Surprisingly, the elbow there doesn’t actually have any of the pieces grinding or pressing against each other, though they are spaced very closely.

The legs, by contrast, are a bit too short ans skinny. Didn’t take any pictures of the upper leg since it’s fairly obvious, but here’s the lower parts.

And the massive shoulderpads of doom.

Meissa’s frill is even taller than Dubhe’s.

The main torso; front, side, and back. Two things I’m rather proud of here: The limited but present waist joint, and the oft-mentioned Vahki Waist, both of which utilize the same Metru upper-arm piece. As for the big black thing on her lower-back, my in-story excuse is that it’s a fanny pack of some sort.

And the skis and ski poles, the latter of which can hook onto the former for storage.

And then those, in turn, hook onto her back.

Unfortunately, this only serves to emphasize her top-heaviness.

Comparison to the original. The most immediate thing I think of, looking at this picture, is that “the ski poles have been doubled!”
Also that I need more blue on Meissa.

The disk arm attaches to the elbow, as per usual. Also, forgot to mention that the shoulders have extra articulation.

Posing with her is somewhat of a hassle due to the heavy shoulderpads weighing her down; should I ever redo her legs, I may add support pistons and see if that helps any. On the other hand, the torso joint, while limited, is still helpful in a subtle sort of way.

Not in the mood for nonsense.

And the headshot with the disk.

Interactions!

Meissa is mature enough not to let Lesath’s antics get to her, and Lesath is smart enought not to push her buttons. However, his tendancy to pester the others is still enough to give her a strong migrane.

Meissa is one of the few who has remained somewhat close to Dubhe despite the latter’s ■■■■■ in personality, often talking with her and being supportive and understanding. Dubhe appreciates it, but does her best to keep these discussions a secret, as it would ‘ruin her image.’

Meissa has an even closer relationship with Antares, however. They never “officially” became an item, but after growing together naturally over the past several years, it is generally aknowledged among all eight that they are, and that they are absolutely adorable. Antares does his best to help Meissa bear her burdens, and Meissa seems to be one of the few people who can get him to slow down once in a while.

Pose as a team, because you are a team!

Next Time: We now interrupt your regularly-scheduled interruption!

8 Likes

[quote=“ColdGoldLazarus, post:40, topic:5519”]
Lesath
[/quote] totally not stealing that leg design.

these have all been either good or great,
I can’t really think of any original complaints,
so I’ll just say I like them.

1 Like

This should have been how ekimu was done.

1 Like

I feel acomplished now - someone stealing my designs! :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks; I’m glad you like them!

I don’t really see much difference overall, but thanks!

It’s been a while, but I’m back again. This time, I have a ton of things to show you, so there are only a few pictures per item. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to…

Coldy’s CCBS Showcase Extraordinaire!

Here we have a group shot, shortest in front and tallest in back. Eight models in total, built not all at once, but one-by-one over the course of the past three weeks or so as I built up my Bionicle 2015 collection. With the exception of one I’m saving for last, I will be going through these all in the order they were built, starting with…

Kopaka Hordika
The first three 2015 sets I got, in this order, were Pohatu, Protector of Stone, and Kopaka. I decided to fiddle about a bit, and this was the result.

His body design is based off of Skull Grinder, but with considerably more armour coverage. I also gave him double-jointed legs, which was the main reason for the name.

I actually had to use one piece of armour plating, with one of those small spike pieces, to hold another piece in place on his back, so I couldn’t remove that one.

This next one was built immediately after Kopaka Hordika, using the remaining pieces of Pohatu, PoS, and Kopaka. I had no idea what I was doing until I had done it, and I took a moment to stare at this MOC. It stared back at me. I took in the head, the shoulders, the general stumpiness of the thing.

And I decided to call it…
@Pot8o Hordika

This was a bit of an experiment; could I use the Gearbox and the PoE-styled chest blaster in the same MOC? The answer is yes, and for that reason, this is probably the second-most Technic-oriented build in this whole collection. I also used a Skull Spider as a backpack-looking thing.

I wasn’t sure if the claw hand and skull spider should also be removed for the skeleton shots, so I took two of each view. Also, the back armour is actually a tail.

Realizing I’d save more on bus tickets if I got more than one set at a time, I decided to get Onua, Gali, and the PoE all at once, on the twelfth of February. I actually built a Warrior of Earth first, and I will be showing the pictures of that in a later post. After that, though, I built two more to join Kopaka and Pot8o. This is the second of that duo:
Old Smoky

As I said above, Pot8o is the second-most Technic-intensive build in this collection; Smoky here is the first. He was built around two concepts - the use of the Ben 10 foot as a smokestack, and a custom head based vaguely off the design of the Mask Of Creation. He also sports a custom torso built around the gearbox rather than the standard HF Torso piece, and arms and legs that utilize Onua’s shovel-claws. I even have a story for him, too; vague notions of being a robotic protector of the Ancient City before Makuta’s betrayal.

I did make some slight alterations to his lower legs later on, using pieces from Lewa and the PoI.

The next set of purchases, on the 16th, consisted of Lewa, the Protector of Fire, and the Protector of Water. The latter two were combined into this next MOC, which I haven’t found a good name for beyond

Infected Water Villager

The giant blasters on her shoulders were actually inspired by another MOC I saw here on the boards; I unfortunately don’t recall who made it. Due to limited pieces, I had to connect the blasters in different ways on each side, so the one on the right is a bit wobbly.

My most recent purchases, just two days ago on the 20th, consisted of Tahu and the Protector of Ice. I would have gotten the Protector Of Jungle as well, but both TRU and Target were completely out. Looks like I’ll be waiting for them to restock before getting him along with LOSS.
Anyway, the next three were built in one sitting, as I took Lewa, Tahu, and the PoJ apart, then threw all the pieces left over from the other MOCs into the pile as well. Built using (mostly) pieces of Gali, Lewa, and the PoI, is…

Forest River
(Suggestions for better names would be appreciated, by the way)

Pretty basic build for the most part, except for the shoulderpads and… what are those on her back?

Wings! (Had I had PoJ, I would have used those instead of the Ice Flames, but what can you do?) They connect to the back in a similar manner as Tahu’s golden swords, and the axe-blades hook onto that so they can stay up when unfolded. Unfortunately, they make her rather unstable; I had a heck of a time trying to get her to stay upright for these pictures.

It wasn’t worth taking a shot of the back unarmoured; nothing new back there.

Immediately following Forest River, I turned my attention to the warmer colors. Using Tahu and Lewa, I built…

Fire Sage
(Master Of Ketchup And Mustard)

No, I don’t know what that thing in his hand is supposed to be. Anyway, the main concept was to have a sort of robe-like look; the HF 2.0 Torso Plates were originally going to go on his arms to give the impression of wide sleeves, but I ended up transferring them to his legs in a decision I’m starting to regret. Overall, he’s pretty darn similar to Tahu, except for the Keetorange armour and having (gasp) actual back armour on his lower legs! (Had I had the PoJ, I would have used more keetorange back there, but this will do.) I considered using the G2 Hau, but I decided against it, given how similar he is to Tahu to begin with.

With the final few pieces, none of which were enough to carry a color scheme and give proper coverage, I decided to experiment with intentional asymmetry. The result was…

Infected Ice Villager

This guy has clearly not adapted quite as well as his watery cousin, remaining normal on one side, but turning dark and fiery on the other. His feet have become sharp and bestial claws, and he’s grown two jets of flame on his back that melt everything around him.

As the Fire Sage used up the last of the three-unit balljoint addon things, I had to use a Glatorian Neck to attatch his front torso plate instead, so it isn’t quite as solidly in place as I would like. I also had to use the last two trans-purple pieces here; I figure they’re something to do with the infection.

Finally, my personal favorite of the bunch for his character role, (Build-wise, Kopaka Hordika or Old Smoky would win) I bring you…

Toa Voriki, Master Of Lightning!
“I am Voriki. I strike like a bolt from the blue. I am here to battle evil. It is my destiny to claim my Golden Mask of Power and become… the Master of Lightning!”

Built right before Old Smoky, Voriki uses pieces from Gali, Onua, and PoE, along with Lewa’s gunmetal axe pieces and PoS’s elemental flames. Armed with his traditional staff as well as a pair of wicked shredder claws, the infamous Eighth Toa is ready to do battle with the Skull Army and other forces of evil!

Build is pretty standard, but whatever. IT’S VORIKI!

His weapons can combine into a pair of glider wings to take him into Adrenaline Mode.

Fun with posing with my personal favorites of the bunch. Sorry, Fire Sage and Infected Villagers; You just didn’t make the cut.

Super awesome force team go!

Next Time: We take a jaunt back into Karda-Nui, though the experience may be… draining.

14 Likes

Uh, images all broken, or…?

5 Likes

its beautiful

I love the g

I love the e
I love the i and m

and I love the a

10 Likes

i love you for this.

1 Like

Sorry about that; was having troubles uploading the images, so I decided to post the written stuff and then add them in. Which I have, now. @Middlefingerstudios @CausticKrana @Nyran @DarkTakanuva @Political_Slime @Thea @Payinku

I thought someone would get a kick out of that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

not me? :cry: /s

I like them.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’ll try to do that next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

not sure why i was summoned

but these MOCs are alright. Some color schemes are a bit jumbled and Fire Sage kinda seems like Tahu with PoF’s mask, but overall okay.

3 Likes

That was people who’d liked the comments after the update post; figured I’d let you guys know the pics were up as well.

Fair enough! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

its so chubby and magestic

4 Likes

@ColdGoldLazarus! Look what I found!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-Lot-6-Figures-Parts-Pieces-Scorpion-Weapons-/331485542242?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2e13f762

It has the white Slizer.

It’s done today in about 13 hours.

1 Like

If I weren’t so ridiculously low on money right now, I’d feel inclined to buy that myself.

1 Like

Even with 20$ shipping?

1 Like