Color Blocking and Elemental Color Schemes

Only one of those is a Toa, and he matches his Elementā€™s ā€œofficialā€ colour scheme.

Are you referring to the Platinum Avohkii?

Thatā€™s definitely a rare colourā€¦

2 Likes

For some reason I used to think that the green was green and brown
And for the non-canon element of vacuum I used green and white (no idea how green and white equals ā€˜vacuumā€™ in my head :stuck_out_tongue:)

5 Likes

Prolly because Vacuum is air on its day off so checks out.

3 Likes

Black+Yellow is selling vacuum.

4 Likes

Black+Yellow is obviously Batman

2 Likes

Is that for a certain moc? :smirk:

2 Likes

I personally think it depends on what youā€™re going for.
I personally like the elemental genders, and have adhered to them when building plenty of the MOCs that Iā€™ve made. Also, though, there were times when I wanted to give a character a color scheme that didnā€™t fit within those of the canon MU elements, but I did so anyway, and was satisfied with the way the MOCs looked.

3 Likes

for me the canon comes first. if something doesnā€™t fit with canon in my mocs, i fix it so that it does. got a white female toa? slap some blue on there, call it electricity.

8 Likes

Slapping blue on every single female Toa of yours can get boring really fast

7 Likes

Or, alternatively, having to make every single blue character of yours female.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s where toa of light come in.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s still kinda limiting, having to make every Toa whose colors or gender donā€™t conform a Toa of Light because theyā€™re the only ones allowed to break from the mold. More interesting to just bend the rules, imo.

3 Likes

but the thing is that, if you want a canon-compliant character, the rules canā€™t be bent.

2 Likes

The point is to not care so much about making a canon-compliant character, for the sake of creativity, storyline, or (in my case) lack of parts.

5 Likes

Seconded what Winger said. Iā€™ve never been the sort of person to strictly follow canon when making my own stuff; being ā€œcanon-compliantā€ to the letter just isnā€™t as much fun.

4 Likes

you two make me sad

2 Likes

Even the canon doesnā€™t care about the canon. Thereā€™s a male Toa of Psionics. There are no rules, only suggestions.

3 Likes

ā€¦ which led to an explanation justifying the separation of Elements by gender, thereby proving that Elemental gender is not an arbitrary thing.

Again, Ordeā€™s backstory proves without a doubt that there are rules; the Great Beings intentionally separated the Elements by gender due to ā€œgentlenessā€.

I can see that quite a few people want to move away from gender-separated Elements, and Iā€™m not going to try to stop you, but Ordeā€™s case isnā€™t the best justification for it.

4 Likes

Ok, so I went that a little extreme.
But it does create a precedent that all it takes to mix up genders and keep it canonical is make up a somewhat reasonable sounding excuse and then everythings fair game.
And that is only if you think canon is important, but that is something everyone has got to decide for themselves so not worth discussing.

3 Likes

To be fair, thatā€™s a counterpoint. I wonā€™t want to make an excuse if I want to mix up canon gender.

3 Likes