Toa Hagah Canon Contest Ruleset Feedback

That’s fair.

… I guess so? The black makes little impact on the character, though.

I still only think main and secondary colors if I’m gonna list characters colors from the top of my head.

1 Like

That’s just you, I guess. It also doesn’t help that G2 had a lot more vibrance and variance in its color palette in terms of individual character that G1 did.

Shade of gold is different

… you’re joking, right?

2 Likes

@Winger @Tarkur
This kopaka conversation is kinda off topic. Maybe take it to the elemental color schemes topic?

Regarding Kopaka, I’d say that I mostly agree with Winger, though.

Regaurding the Hagah, I say let Gaaki and Kualus wear whatever. I won’t vote for them, but as long as their base colors are metru blue and white respectively, it’s fine.

3 Likes

The snapping shade :upside_down_face:

Though I do think a Ga-Toa with metru green highlight pieces would be cool to see.

Yeah, I do think the light blue does add a lot. The pearl gold is different than the flat dark gold, but just a plain gold and white does first glance looks like a Toa of Light, to me at least. I do think it should be allowed for Kualus as discussed earlier with color overlap has been seen before. The Hagah also do have special armor, and voter preference can decide whether or not to accept it.

1 Like

I’ll stop now, My final statement is my point is Gold and white isn’t excluisively a toa of light color. If you don’t want to vote for a gold Kualus or gold Gaaki then don’t but let people build them

4 Likes

Why don’t we just have all pictures of MOCs edited to be grayscale and have the artists sort it out for the last portion? That way, MOCists don’t have to have their creativity constrained by color distribution.

3 Likes

Why don’t we scrap mocs entirely I mean what’s the worst that can happen/s

We see you, a shill in the pocket of Big Artwork!

1 Like

I, ah… yeah, okay, so pretty much we’re just stuck building Hagah clones. What’s the point, exactly? With all these rules the only thing anyone can really change is some armor, a mask, and a spear. That’s hardly worth much.

1 Like

Wait, you mean my Hagah has to look like a Hagah? :rage:

9 Likes

I just don’t see why people feel the need for contests to canonize a few mild differences. Also, yes, mock as you want, but I’d rather see creativity than the same Hagah-look every time.

I can understand wanting creativity, and there are still ways to be creative in this, specifically on the limbs and armor choices. But as others have said, being a canon contest it’s more important for these specific contests to match what already is established as canon rather than a full creativity contest, which there are other opportunities for.

9 Likes

I think the best way I can put this for my own perspective… is I think THIS

Looks better than THIS

I want that CONSISTENCY

11 Likes

I suppose, if you want a canon contest, yes. But if we already know what canon Hagah look like, why do we need one? Why should we hash out each detail instead of leaving it to each fan to interpret individually? Isn’t that part of the fun of having characters without canon appearances?

4 Likes

If you don’t want to know what they look like, you can ignore the results. I was honestly not a big fan of Artakha myself, and thats what I am currently doing. :woozy_face:
Its happening either way though.
Theres actually MANY characters in canon with appearances I am not a fan of. But they’re still canon and its nice to have the models to build regardless

2 Likes

But we don’t know what they look like.

3 Likes

I mean, people do want canon contests, which is why these are happening in the first place. Some people want to keep it vague and up to individual interpretations, others want to determine an exact look and model. These contests are aimed toward the second audience by design. Nothing wrong with wanting to keep it vague, but that’s a different discussion about whether to do these in the first place than on the rules for this contest.

2 Likes