Toa Hagah Canon Contest Ruleset Feedback

TBF though, it’s not like a Ga-Toa for instance would ever be primarily red, or primarily green, I think we can agree on that much. But I think in these cases, something such may be an oppertunity, that it’ll be something more up for descretion rather than hard-and-fast rules, because at the same time, there’s no saying that we have seen every possibly colorscheme a Ga-Toa can have.

5 Likes

coughsandgreenisanactualcolorofwatercough

1 Like

Would you say Kopaka Mata is white, light grey and black in a casual conversation or would you say his white and light grey? I wouldn’t because the black doesn’t make to much of a difference when trying to visualize the character imo

I don’t see why not.

1 Like

Indeed. It was only until a few months ago that we learned that there was a mata blue and black toa of water (Helryx)

But anyway, I don’t really get the point of this conversation. Gaaki is going to be metru blue. Her metallic armor can be any color.

1 Like

I’d say he is white with light grey accents, while I’d say G2 Kopaka is white with gold armor and blue accents, which are what set apart the figure from looking like a G1 Toa of Light.

1 Like

Mahri Hahli does have that green and blue color scheme.

1 Like

:rage: what shade of green, though?

1 Like

Light grey is the secondary color and black is the accents, same as white is the primary on G2 Kopaka, gold is secondary and trans blue is an accent. Since both black and trans blue are accents going by how you refer to the colors black should be mentioned

I see.

What about the grey on G2 Kopaka? That’s how I view the black on G1.

I mean I’m not even sure what you’re arguing here. You can’t seriously be proposing that the difference between Kopaka G2 and a G1 Toa of Light is anything but the blue accents.

Another accent or just to throw in pieces to help kids distinguish parts better. Now the black sockets on Kopaka are accents as LEGO could and probably would use sockets in the same colors as the main color for the toa if they didn’t want that uniformety with the Turaga. Why? because back in 2001 LEGO didn’t have the same easy for kids to build mentality that they have today

I think that the important difference is that black is a neutral color, whil while blue
Is not. Therefore, blue is more noticeable.

5 Likes

That’s fair.

… I guess so? The black makes little impact on the character, though.

I still only think main and secondary colors if I’m gonna list characters colors from the top of my head.

1 Like

That’s just you, I guess. It also doesn’t help that G2 had a lot more vibrance and variance in its color palette in terms of individual character that G1 did.

Shade of gold is different

… you’re joking, right?

2 Likes

@Winger @Tarkur
This kopaka conversation is kinda off topic. Maybe take it to the elemental color schemes topic?

Regarding Kopaka, I’d say that I mostly agree with Winger, though.

Regaurding the Hagah, I say let Gaaki and Kualus wear whatever. I won’t vote for them, but as long as their base colors are metru blue and white respectively, it’s fine.

3 Likes

The snapping shade :upside_down_face:

Though I do think a Ga-Toa with metru green highlight pieces would be cool to see.

Yeah, I do think the light blue does add a lot. The pearl gold is different than the flat dark gold, but just a plain gold and white does first glance looks like a Toa of Light, to me at least. I do think it should be allowed for Kualus as discussed earlier with color overlap has been seen before. The Hagah also do have special armor, and voter preference can decide whether or not to accept it.

1 Like

I’ll stop now, My final statement is my point is Gold and white isn’t excluisively a toa of light color. If you don’t want to vote for a gold Kualus or gold Gaaki then don’t but let people build them

4 Likes