Color Blocking and Elemental Color Schemes

It almost seems like everybody has a code. I like @TheThirdOlmak and @TheJerminator breakdown of color schemes. It goes to show how much liberty there really is in the matter. I’d rather not reiterate the specifics of my color scheming but in my MOC’ing I ran into a snafu when attempting to build a Toa of Plantlife. Long story short he’s Sand Green Primary and Dark Blue Secondary with Pearl Silver “Armor” color. Them jungle colors are odd and personally adding brown to that canonical palette would be fine in my book. You can fudge those “physical elements” with naturally occurring colors.

1 Like

Personally I think an easy enough justification for an unusual color on a Toa is to just have that color having been purposefully applied by the Toa in question to honor a past teammate.
So for example A Toa of Gravity will of course sport purple as his primary color, but his secondary color is metru-green in memory of his teams former leader who was a Toa of Air.

3 Likes

I recently remembered a dream I had many years ago, which featured a strangely-colored Toa of Stone, so here he is. He was completely grey except for some transparent red insets in his armor. I also opted to give him glowing red gears in his chest for the render. ProneToDrift suggested to me that this color scheme could work for Po-Matoran living near a volcano.

EDIT: Here are those Matoran, by the way, one of which is utilizing ProneToDrift’s Matoran frame.

12 Likes

That toa of stone actually looks really creepy to me.

1 Like

But it doesn’t look bad, right? I thought it was really cool.

3 Likes

No it’s not bad, it just creeps me out.

Ok, I was just having a discussion where the insinuation was made that all grey is a boring color scheme.

Oh ho ho ho this is so ominous I love it. I really need to try this.

4 Likes

I think it works here though. These don’t just seem like gray Toa, they look like Toa of volcanic rock.

Also:

not true, the pins are black.
I know what you mean, I’m just being sarcastic.

2 Likes