Completed Toa Hagah

While it is a bit premature to post this, I have spent the last couple of months painting, sourcing, and modifying the winning Toa Hagah entries.

While many are (rightfully) hoping for metallic blue Kualus, I much prefer his silver. Here is my list of modifications per Hagah:

Pouks
-added liftarms to better secure shoulder armor
-made all bicep and thigh connectors medium brown
-painted mask, Rhotuka, and shield pearl dark grey

Bomonga
-slightly modified staff to include a black bushing at the end of the staff to hold the tube in place
-inserted two liftarms into arm to allow for stable and functional shield use
-painted mask

Kualus
-swapped spear tip for Vladek scimitar as I prefer it to the Santis piece
-left off studs from eyes, as I felt it gave him a more hollow expression
-made all bicep and thigh connectors white

Gaaki
-painted Rhotuka dark blue
-painted mask

The painting was a challenge, especially the pearl dark grey and gold. The pearl dark grey has hints of green and gold mixed in to create the almost perfect match, and I’m quite pleased with it. It is very satisfying to see them all together at last, Norik, Iruini, Gaaki, Bomonga, Kualus, and Pouks, especially after picturing them for nearly 16 years. These are, in my humble opinion, some of the best looking Toa, and certainly look like the elite warriors that they are.

All in all, I know this may generate some controversy as these are not the ‘canon’ appearances, but this is how I enjoy seeing them, and I hope you enjoy this representation. Please leave your thoughts below, positive remarks or constructive criticism.

37 Likes

Quite beautiful. I’d LOVE the gunmetal tutorial if you could, you did a good job on it!

1 Like

@Takutanuva I can work on that, and thank you! I will say that it takes a while to get the look right, as I also use various sprays to get the glossy and matte effect. Thrilled you like them!

1 Like

You did a great job indeed sir!

1 Like

These look pretty cool. I’d assume you’d probably repaint some of them if when we get the results?

1 Like

Can you show what you did to get boomangas shield stable

1 Like

@Rukah Thank you! No, regardless of how the contest turns out, I’m keeping them as-is. I wish they would keep these colors, but if more people want metallic blue featured, more power to them.

1 Like

@imall543 I will post that as a separate topic later this weekend.

ok cool

1 Like

Seeing all of them together is very nice, they really do look so good as a team! Really nice paint jobs too

3 Likes

@synonymforexpd Thank you very much! I was a bit worried the painted pieces would look out of place, but thankfully they don’t. I’m glad you like them!

1 Like

Looks so cool to see them all together!

2 Likes

@Eilrach Without bragging, it’s very cool and satisfying to see them all together, and why I couldn’t wait to post it!

1 Like

Love the mask choice on Gaaki.

2 Likes

@Timeline15 This was an expertly designed mask, and it looks great in person! While Gaaki is not my favorite of the builds, she has the best mask, in my humble opinion.

3 Likes

Nice job, they look great together and the painting looks spot on.

2 Likes

@Alucia Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

methinks pouks chestplate a IiI Iow

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct. For whatever reason, I found the higher placement of the foot kept clipping his arms when I rotated the gear, so I moved it down one peg. I prefer the look of the ‘official’ build, but wanted the arms to be able to swing forward. @MagicalDrawingMuffins

2 Likes

Yeah this is awesome, and I certainly was never a fan of how much spray painting Gaaki, Bomonga, and Kualus required. I know loads of people have different opinions, but I think, for me, I always wanted the 2, 2, 2, colouration. Silver - Norik, Gaaki; Gold - Iruini Bomonga; Pearl Dark Grey - Kualus; Pouks; Other than that I love what you’ve done! Quick question, I can’t see which liftarms you put on either Kualus or Pouks?

4 Likes