Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Rodian was looking over his notes over the different powers he had come into contact with. He curiously thinks of combos he could create with the different powers he came in contact with.

Justin eventually fell fully asleep, resting like a baby.

OOC: when will the helicopter arrive at its destination?

1 Like

Zablex watched as the flight continued. Left to his own thoughts was something he enjoyed on occasion.

?

Within a matter of hours, the heli can be seen flying over some old stone ruins. Jeffrey lights up. “Look out the window!” He says excitedly.

Just woke up and peered out the window. “Looks like this is it.” He said, stretching.

“Yep!” He said. “I can already see what remains of a library, and what seems to be a ceremonial building. We should be landing within a matter of minutes.”

Zablex studied the structure from his seat.

“Hey, look at that…” Justin said, pointing out the helicopter’s window. The ruins were sealed off the crime scene tape, and a black van was parked nearby.

Rodian looked at the ceremonial building, getting out of his seat to look out the window.

Jeff’s eyes narrowed. “I thought I was the only one who knew the location…” He muttered. “Best be on guard. We don’t know who or what is down there.”

Rodian replied as if to answer him,
“I’d guess historians, but then again I don’t know many historians with suspicious black vans”

Zablex felt a smile creep onto his face, he shakes his head as if he were dozing off and jerks back up. “What should we do?” He asked, already having an idea.

Rodian smiled also having his own idea. He asked Zablex,
“Do you have a grenade or something similar?”

“Sneak in, confront them if we see them, but not outright search for them.” He stops. “I feel like they’re not the only other one here. Just a gut feeling, I guess.” Some shapes he saw at his last expedition flash in his head. “Just…be on guard.”

1 Like

Rodian nods to Jeff’s comments, saying,
“Sound idea.”

A proffesionally dressed woman appeared in front of the group. “Sorry kids, you can’t be here. Officially C.I.A. business.” She said, flashing her badge to them. It read:

Christine Warren

1 Like

“How about I petrify their hands together or their foot to the ground if they make me feel threatened?” Zablex asked, “It wouldn’t be lethal but it would give me a chance to practice my powers a bit more.”

“And what business does the Central Intelligence Agency have here?” Zablex asked, “Miss Warren?”

He readied himself to use his Conduit’s power if she made him feel threatened at all.

“Sorry miss, but I do believe you are interfering with my research.” Jeffrey told her. “Jeffrey McKenyon, anthropologist.” He studies her badge. “And flashing a pretty badge doesn’t tell me why someone like you would be at the sight of near universally discredited myths.”

1 Like

“Maybe she thinks she’ll make a big drug or crime bust here because it’s a bunch of dusty ruins hardly anyone visits, if at all.” Zablex said, hoping to get some sort of reaction from the CIA person.

“That’s classified information.”
Christine then turned to Jeff.
“And my mission is more important than your little science project. Now move along, kids, before I report you.”