7 Likes

also new type of claw for the kai mech fingers

which I don’t think is used anywhere else

lego why do you do this

7 Likes

me likey

3 Likes

btw Ninjago finally tapped into the transformers niche
yes, i know technically that’s partsforming and that the alt-build looks weird, but hey it’s something

6 Likes

if that’s what you call transforming then wouldn’t every creator 3-in-1 ever be a transformer

6 Likes

oh no it becomes a fursona

10 Likes

Well chima is one of the Ninjago realms…

5 Likes

“Ice Dragon Creature”. I thought that thing had a name…

2 Likes

It seems like each year their mech designs get more and more anime-like. And this one doesn’t even look all that bad… and it looks like it has actual knees!

A lot of these constraction-like pieces look very, very delicious. I’m sure I would be able to find many uses for them. Such a shame I won’t be able to get my hands on any, as they don’t really ship Lego to my country anymore

6 Likes

this might be the first set i buy in a while

6 Likes

You can always just buy them separately from third party European sellers on Brick link.

2 Likes

new ghost rider mech has the same piece in black

6 Likes

How on Earth did I miss that?

4 Likes

time to abuse Lego’s bricks and pieces service to get a few of those bad boys

5 Likes

Is it just me, or is the mata hand clipping through the axle section that connects the ball joint to the axle holes?

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s definitely some clipping there, probably because the box art is CG.

Like how the older Bionicle canisters showed the limbs flexing in impossible ways.

7 Likes

It’s the new version though, disgusting.
(also that clipping is painful)

2 Likes

Does the new version have any additional strength?

I don’t really see any advantage of this version over the previous CCBS version. Maybe Lego eliminated the hole to avoid confusion around people thinking that something is meant to connect to it?

4 Likes

it’s possible the socket might not break as easily with that extra bar in there, but that’s an extra usage of plastic, and lego tends to go in the opposite direction. in theory, it’s for a good reason, but I don’t know what.

4 Likes

I believe it might have something to do with extra friction? The 2022 rerelease of Mighty Dinosaurs uses the new socket design, but also lacks the friction extenders from the original version. Perhaps they have more strength?

Or it could be that the friction extender piece is discontinued now. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen it around recently.

4 Likes