Constraction Pieces in Modern Lego Sets

it’s possible the socket might not break as easily with that extra bar in there, but that’s an extra usage of plastic, and lego tends to go in the opposite direction. in theory, it’s for a good reason, but I don’t know what.

4 Likes

I believe it might have something to do with extra friction? The 2022 rerelease of Mighty Dinosaurs uses the new socket design, but also lacks the friction extenders from the original version. Perhaps they have more strength?

Or it could be that the friction extender piece is discontinued now. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen it around recently.

4 Likes

Every time Lego upgrades the hand piece they remove a point of connection.

In '08, it was the stud-compatible holes on the side.
In '10, they made the socket hole smaller, but you can still stick a lightsaber rod in it
in '20 they’re removing the lightsaber rod connection.

Give them a few years, the axle holes on the sides will be gone too. They’re not using them here anyway.

4 Likes

That was still a loose connection though, right?

What they should do is combine with width of the CCBS style with the larger hole of the 2001 style. Then you could actually connect studs at proper angles.

Even if they want to discourage the illegal connection that was popular in the early 2000’s, the hole doesn’t have to go all the way through, it just has to be deep enough for a stud.

2 Likes

there’s still axle holes on the side

1 Like

I meant the connections on the front and back, where you could fit–
hm.
studs
Studs are not axles.
I’m a ghidiot, let me edit that

You can see it used in designs such as this

5 Likes

this set has a new sword piece

6 Likes

Ninjago Crystal sword piece recolored in blue here, I’m gonna hit up Bricks and Pieces in January to get me a few of those

7 Likes

ooh that looks really cool

1 Like

The best-selling Lego set of all time; I cannot believe it sold out within 4.20 seconds.

4 Likes

This set has them in bright green

6 Likes

I spy with my little eye a Mistika fin piece

4 Likes

Why does Miles get a Ferrari?

Well we can guess where this guy takes inspiration from

5 Likes

WOW I was not expecting this. I hope you all enjoy these and I’ll be posting update pictures of these later today.

this has those ninjago game sword things in Trans-blue

9 Likes

Does it still count as constaction pieces if it was never used on a constraction set? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yes. As long as it’s above minifigure scale, and uses a Technic connection, it’s a Constraction part to me.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this I was looking for these for one of my characters

@Seuss No fortunately they’re super useful too.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

3 Likes

Dobby has a ball joint of some sort recoloured in flesh

7 Likes