Constraction Pieces in Modern Lego Sets

You can always just buy them separately from third party European sellers on Brick link.

2 Likes

new ghost rider mech has the same piece in black

6 Likes

How on Earth did I miss that?

4 Likes

time to abuse Legoā€™s bricks and pieces service to get a few of those bad boys

5 Likes

Is it just me, or is the mata hand clipping through the axle section that connects the ball joint to the axle holes?

4 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s definitely some clipping there, probably because the box art is CG.

Like how the older Bionicle canisters showed the limbs flexing in impossible ways.

7 Likes

Itā€™s the new version though, disgusting.
(also that clipping is painful)

2 Likes

Does the new version have any additional strength?

I donā€™t really see any advantage of this version over the previous CCBS version. Maybe Lego eliminated the hole to avoid confusion around people thinking that something is meant to connect to it?

4 Likes

itā€™s possible the socket might not break as easily with that extra bar in there, but thatā€™s an extra usage of plastic, and lego tends to go in the opposite direction. in theory, itā€™s for a good reason, but I donā€™t know what.

4 Likes

I believe it might have something to do with extra friction? The 2022 rerelease of Mighty Dinosaurs uses the new socket design, but also lacks the friction extenders from the original version. Perhaps they have more strength?

Or it could be that the friction extender piece is discontinued now. Come to think of it, I havenā€™t seen it around recently.

4 Likes

Every time Lego upgrades the hand piece they remove a point of connection.

In '08, it was the stud-compatible holes on the side.
In '10, they made the socket hole smaller, but you can still stick a lightsaber rod in it
in '20 theyā€™re removing the lightsaber rod connection.

Give them a few years, the axle holes on the sides will be gone too. Theyā€™re not using them here anyway.

4 Likes

That was still a loose connection though, right?

What they should do is combine with width of the CCBS style with the larger hole of the 2001 style. Then you could actually connect studs at proper angles.

Even if they want to discourage the illegal connection that was popular in the early 2000ā€™s, the hole doesnā€™t have to go all the way through, it just has to be deep enough for a stud.

2 Likes

thereā€™s still axle holes on the side

1 Like

I meant the connections on the front and back, where you could fitā€“
hm.
studs
Studs are not axles.
Iā€™m a ghidiot, let me edit that

You can see it used in designs such as this

5 Likes

this set has a new sword piece

6 Likes

Ninjago Crystal sword piece recolored in blue here, Iā€™m gonna hit up Bricks and Pieces in January to get me a few of those

7 Likes

ooh that looks really cool

1 Like

The best-selling Lego set of all time; I cannot believe it sold out within 4.20 seconds.

4 Likes

This set has them in bright green

6 Likes

I spy with my little eye a Mistika fin piece

4 Likes