Constraction Pieces in Modern Lego Sets

To my knowledge, SNOT is about having pieces oriented sideways, moreso than having studs covered up.

7 Likes

Yeah. “studs not on top” doesn’t mean that the surface of the studs isn’t visible, it means that they aren’t facing upwards, tiled or not.

3 Likes

well then it should have a different name.

wait…

idk

1 Like

Ahhhhh
“You know in your pieces it’s true…”
Tbh all mega construx sets still have lacklustre building techniques, most are made of bulky blocks stacked and there is still quality control issues. That being said though, after rebranding from Mega Bloxs to Construx they’ve clearly tried to be their own thing rather than a blatant inferior rip off, so good for them. Sets like this mister 117 are proof of their efforts I suppose.

I still hate all fake Lego with a burning passion. But I can begrudgingly respect companies that at least make original sets and themes rather than knockoffs of Lego designs or themes.

It will be interesting seeing how Lego evolves over the 2020s, seeing as how we have about 50 years of the development of the Lego System now, will they adapt, improvise and overcome? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

And it looks awful.

Uh…no he didn’t. He wore suits in Age Of Ultron, Infinity War, and Endgame.

Heh. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

technically he did since they were all cgi

6 Likes

That post was made as a fake excuse for a bad set.
It was intentionally factually inaccurate.

2 Likes

Honestly, the set doesn’t look that bad to me.

3 Likes

What is that, a contrary opinion?

get canceled nerd

6 Likes

If I didn’t know that was real I’d swear it’d belong in best of lego bootlegs. Though I’ll be curious about the new sockets.

4 Likes

This new technic set introduces both Mistika fins and a Bohrok eye in medium blue.

6 Likes

Actually, I think that’s azure? Bother the fins and eye came in azure, on Tahu Uniter and Akida.

I just checked brickset, they’re definitely medium blue:

6 Likes

You’re both wrong, it’s actually Metru Blue.

6 Likes

I mentioned this in another topic, the ford comes with 1x2 half liftarms in lime. In both sets, you don’t get enough quantity of the new recolors for moccing so you’re better off getting them through lego’s bricks and pieces service.

Also lego introduced the dino tail tip in r. brown in the lunar base, but you only get one per copy.

4 Likes

I NEED IT

oh wait Likus said bricks and pieces is cheaper, maybe I will finally make use of such a provision.

This set also contains a new variant on the old pin-and-a-half: pin-and-a-half with friction!

8 Likes

The new pieces are not currently available on their site, but there are some nice technic/constraction recolors from 2021 still for sale.

2 Likes

I was wondering if it was going to be a friction variant or just a recolor of the standard one.
I like how the first set we’re seeing with these pieces is a relatively cheap one that has a boatload of them.

I don’t know how to feel about this. On one hand, the pin has friction, on the other, it seems like it would be very difficult to remove from certain parts where you can’t push it out with an axle.

pinconnection

If the pin got attached here, it would need to be removed by pushing it out with an xacto knife. I’m not sure if the pin can be removed by inserting a 3.18 bar and pulling it out. I tried pulling a regular double friction pin out of this piece with a bar and again with a rigid hose and it doesn’t seem to work.

3 Likes