Could new Matoran be Created? (can they actually die)

I do want to know if a new matoran could actually be created or manufactured? Because I would think that the great beings would have some sort of back up plan if the red star malfunctioned or got destroyed.
Also, if the way that the matoran’s spirit or memories got transported to the red star get disrupted or blocked, would the matoran die permanently? What if their whole body was disintegrated?

2 Likes

According to the BS01 page,

https://biosector01.com/wiki/Matoran

There are machines in the Matoran Universe that can create Matoran. The Turaga use them when more Matoran are needed for labor.[CwGF] Matoran created in this way cannot become Toa.

3 Likes

Where are these machines and why don’t we see them? and also why only turaga. also why go and infect matoran with the shadow leeches when the makuta could have infected matoran created by this machine first to create an army?

ret-conning. The usual answer.

I only can offer my opinion here, but i think it’s because it’s the truaga’s job. And… maybe it’s not designed for shadow matoran?

1 Like

Couldn’t the makuta infect and control or mind control a turaga to do so?

1 Like

I guess, but if the machine can’t create a shadow matoran, why would they.

That and there aren’t that many turaga around any more to be honest.

there are at least 7-8 (lesovikk’s turaga is assumed to be alive.) That we know are alive, and the rest are dead, or up to debate.

1 Like

they could infect them once they are created.

Maybe. I dunno. Who knows why Teridax does anything.

Could be for the terror factor. “Who will be next?” Kinda mentality, and inspiring fear when they see the Makuta winging down from the sky.

Also, correction, there are minimum of 58 turaga alive, because there has to be more alive than toa according to BS01.

1 Like

Makes sense. and after he took over the MU, makuta could have just created more.

Bingo.

1 Like

Can standard matoran capable of becoming a toa be made? If not then you could cut off the toa supply by killing all matoran.

1 Like

No. All the matoran created by the machine are incapable of becoming Toa.

2 Likes

That is uncited on BS01, so take it with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

Isn’t that the default way matoran are made though?

2 Likes

Is there any way to know how many matoran exist?

I want to add this a bonus question. Can Rahi be created?

1 Like

Rahi are created by the Makuta. That was the Brotherhood’s original purpose.

4 Likes

But are they continually creating them or just new evil ones? Can Rahi reproduce on their own?

2 Likes

Seems like you should keep your eye on this thread: Are Rahi revived on the Red Star?

I think Greg’s answer there would likely answer your question.

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder if Greg will say anything about rahi returning to wherever they came from. Alive on the red star isn’t really what I need to know. If matoran and rahi get sent back from the red star that would be like torture. Imagine dying a horrible death and the having to do it again.

3 Likes

Well, if they’re alive on the red star then they were intended to be sent back to the MU after they died and were revived. People weren’t supposed to stay on the red star after being revived.

2 Likes