Could the fans of Hero Factory get HF back?

Post 2010 there was still a fanbase of Bionicle, me included :blush: his is one of the reasons Bonkle came back IMO. Let’s say there was a Hero Factory fanbase, when the day comes that we have to say goodbye to Bonkle for the 2nd time, could the fans of Hero Factory reemerge and alert Lego that fans of HF still exist? This was just a thought I had on my mind. For the record, I’m not a fan of HF.

P.S: Mods, if something like this was posted before, I’ll be more than happy to take this topic down. I’m a newbie on the boards so if I did something wrong, just tell me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

well, the new Bionicle line is practically a HF 2.0, as its almost 100% CCBS. The only things that changed were the addition of gearboxes and removal of the hero core… unless you mean for the plot…

I’m talking about plot and branding. The same way G2 Bionicle brought back the original Toa, with the exception of their personalities and other minor things. Personally I don’t think it’s a HF 2.0, although HF does have a big influence on G2 Bionicle. The 2016 wave of Bionicle is starting to adopt a more Bionicle looking build if you get what I mean.

For the foreseeable future, it is unlikely fan demand would be enough.

…Not really.

what fans

drops tha mic

4 Likes

what fans?

/s

EDIT:

5 Likes

We’re talking about a decision made by a massive group of people who need to make a decision based on personal preferences and surveys/studies carried out about the type of things young children like, not to mention Bionicle’s reboot was always going to happen regardless of the G1 fanbase. So this statement is very much untrue.

Now that I got that out the way, high demand for HF will not work. For one thing, when I asked in stores when Bionicle 2015 leaks started showing up HF sales had begun to decline, atleast here in England. Not to mention an official document stated that the designers had actually gotten bored of HF due to lack of creative options, and didn’t want to continue. The designers need to enjoy their work or else set quality will begin to decline, and they were struggling to do anything new, to the point where they introduced mechs. Ofcourse that could’ve been planned beforehand, but I doubt they would’ve done anything amazing had IFB been ordinary Hero builds. There wont be high enough demand and I doubt that the designers would want to go back. Any new themes will likely stick to the mythical story due to it’s creative freedom. Anything can happen in Sci-Fi Fantasy, only so much can happen in just Sci-Fi.

3 Likes

@Barkel Oh I never knew that. Thanks. I guess HF will never come back :slight_smile:

@Ghosty Not even a little bit?

Edited for Double Post - Waj

Please read this. Thanks :smile:.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it, solely because BIONICLE, having lasted for a full decade, had the time to accrue a massive fanbase, which undoubtedly fixed its popularity in LEGO’s mind, inclining them to reboot it both out of their personal desire to do do and the profit it would make.

HF, on the other hand, was only around for 4 1/2 - 5 years, and didn’t have the time to gather a similarly-sized fanbase, making it unlikely that they’ll ever be a large enough group to prompt a revival.

2 Likes

Noep.

Wow, watch a “Bring Back HF Campaign” start up…

Hero Factory Autopsy.

Maybe just…make MOCs? Write fanfiction? Hero Factory was an experiment and is pretty much dead for good, so I wouldn’t count on it.

Firstly, probably not and most of the fans of HF are probably fans of G2 Bionicle now. Also, a “Bring Back HF” petition would be a very sad petition.

Honestly, no.

While the Bionicle fanbase was a large part of why lego brought bionicle back, it wasn’t so much fan activity as it was the existence of a fanbase. HF didn’t have too terribly many fans, so even if they were to “mobilize”, it wouldn’t make that much of a difference.

Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah!
no

1 Like

I am one of those biased people who HATES Hero Factory because for a time it replaced Bionicle, so I hope It never comes back.

Honestly, yes… in some form anyway.

Their was at one stage a movie planned and chances are they wanted that license because it was essentially an open idea without too much in the way of making their own story other than the basic idea. Unlike Bionicle which already had a ton of lore and is now once again making more lore, Hero Factory could return in a movie format - possibly even live action.

Though admittedly it would require a large amount of Hero Factory fans to probably petition for a film - but it could eventually convince them to do a Bionicle live-action film if they did…

Anything is a possibility, but as of right now and the near future I’d say Hero Factory is not returning. If it was to come back I hope it would continue as the Mech figures, those I can see running along Bionicle.

1 Like

Keep the line alive in your way. Make mocs, make videos, do anything.
Even making this very forum post is keeping Hero Factory alive, because somewhere a HF fan read this and thought how much they miss their line.

But dont pull an Evo and plan on going on a mass genocide of the other constraction sets because you dont like them. Hero factory will get its turn again, just keep it alive and Lego might will see how much fans miss it.

-HS

i grew up with bionicle and i was very sad when it was replaced with the hero factory line . .
no that its back for a 2nd time i dont even want to think about HF replacing it again

NOPE