Cronk - Double-Post Hunter (REVAMPED): A G2 Self-MOC

I re-made this guy and made him a TON better. Sorry about the camera quality, I tried to take these in better lighting.

When Okoto was created, Umarak came into being… Along with another guy named Cronk. Umarak and Cronk are of the same species. Cronk, however, was not purposed to capturing the creatures. Oh no, instead he dealt with all the spam on Okoto. As such, the Okotans came to call this creature “Cronk” after the sound he made when people got too close to him. “Cronk” actually means “Go Away.”

Cronk wears the amazing Mask of Reminders, a mask that repelled villagers from bothering him and reminding them to go back to do their own chores. His weapons are twin Delete Blades, used to destroy spam and garbage scattered across the island.

I created this version due to being dissatisfied with the other one. I find it to be a major improvement. And yes I stole the leg design from Umarak. I did this because it fit my “Hunter” persona along with the mask.

The chain was added for extra edginess. I tried to attempt a coherent color scheme with the greens. Some translucent green was added into the mix to make him look more bright.

Obligatory Nyran shot again. I feel the Inika chestplate really hugs nicely around the Hordika body. It gives more flow to the back and less gappiness.

Here’s an image of Cronk attacking Skull Spiders, which he considers spam on the island due to how numerous and annoying they are. This case of two spiders he calls a Double Post. These are his specialty.

So there’s the revamp. Tell me what you guys think!

25 Likes

As far as I can tell, this is pretty nice!

But there isn’t any back armor, so…

The back of the Hordika torso should be good enough, no? It makes a pretty good back.

2 Likes

Better than the last one although, I find the weapons a bit odd, and the silver armor looks off too, maybe add some gold to help, just a very tiny bit.

2 Likes

Reminds me too much of Gresh, but then I saw the back, so it’s not too bad. The photo quality though… Try taking them with your phone, then uploading them. and in natural lighting, it always helps.

1 Like

Also lighting could be better, the pics are hard for me to see.

Hahaha… I don’t have a phone! I only have this cruddy computer camera!

This annoys me greatly.

4 Likes

@Chronicler The photos are a bit blurry, couldn’t tell what was exactly on the back.

oh. well then, natural lighting? :frowning:

It’s 8. It’s almost night-time.

Try tommorrow, just opening a window helps alot, for me at least.

Nope. Not doing this tommorow.

Plus I already tried natural light earlier. It sucked.

Guys, please stop complaining on the camera quality. It’s really all I have. If I had better I would take better pictures.

2 Likes

Eh.

I liked him better before. He’s just bootleg Gresh now.

5 Likes

Just read the description, it’s so funny I forgive all the issues I had with the Build.

4 Likes

The MOC is definitely an improvement over the last one, but the only issues that I really have with this one are that the other one had too much silver, and now this one has barely any and that the back looks too bare and armourless, while the rest of it is pretty well covered.

1 Like

This. This is the problem I have with any MOC I make.

“Oh this looks bootleg, this looks bootleg. How about you just stop making things you wanna make and make something you can’t. ;)”

“Oh and this building system sucks, or that one does. How about you don’t use your favorite techniques in your MOCs.”

This is why I don’t MOC guys. Nobody is satisfied with this thing but me.

5 Likes

And this is fine, it’s just that we give critic to help you get better, not to hurt you.

I feel for you. My camera was stolen by small little children. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

OK guys, tried to get the lighting to be better. Hopefully that helps.

1 Like

“Oh boy, my MOCs aren’t enjoyed by the community. What a shame!
It’s cynicism, criticism, and general condescension. It’s what the internet runs on.

On the other hand, this is pretty good! Sure, it’s simple, but it has a bit of personality. Putting the Bohrok eyes back onto his hands would be nice.