Cryoshell

Cryoshell was the promotional band for Bionicle from 2007 to its cancellation. Their music really set the tone of the themes in the later years. Feel free to discuss prior Bionicle music and their artists.

Why won’t they release the remastered version of gravity hurts T-T

7 Likes

Yes, I agree, they made a certain mood of danger and peril in their songs. Gravity hurts was my favourite by far too, and I kind of don’t want them to make a remastered version, because then it wouldn’t be quite the same.

Listening to the song now, it is the awesome guitar riff between lines of the verses that really gets my attention.

3 Likes

The remastered editions is the bees’ knees, hips, legs and thighs.

3 Likes

Loved Crashed, the song that played in the Mahri mini movie

3 Likes

Most of the Bionicle music was above the bar, for me anyways. Because of it now I listen to bands like Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace . . . and Slipknot.

I’m not sure if that’s a good thing.

3 Likes

I listened to their one album, I thought it was OK.
Haven’t really enjoyed their songs, but the little portion of Gravity Hurts that was in the Battle for Power trailer on bionicle.com was really cool though when paired up with the video.

3 Likes

Love Cryoshell music. Even their post bionicle stuff is pretty good (Falling and Murky being on par with their bionicle stuff).

1 Like

That wasn’t Cryoshell. That was Daughtry.

7 Likes

gravity hurts = master race

5 Likes

Believe me, thats a GREAT thing, especially linkin park, bit its nice to see someone who actually cares about real music. Pop is way overrated and country isn’t the same anymore… We are a dying breed lol

4 Likes

I always thought the songs they used for Bionicle set a great tone for whatever part of the story they were promoting. Especially in the case of the 2007 music video with “Creeping in my Soul” playing while the video showed the Barraki and Dekar fighting for the Ignika. That one for me had a great feel to it, and I still go back every once in a while to watch it again.

3 Likes

Creeping in my Soul always had a really haunting tone that I absolutely loved. It really matched the mystery and intrigue of 2007, the lyrics were nice too.

Gravity Hurts was also pretty awesome, it had this really cool “The Nuva are back *****es!” vibe that was just awesome with the accompanying shots of Lewa, Pohatu, and Kopaka soaring past Tanma.

Other then those two, Cryoshell songs were just okay. Bye Bye Babylon was kind of disappointing personally, and I never really got into the other songs such as Face Me or their remastered versions of Creeping in my Soul and Gravity Hurts ( although Gravity Hurts was great, the tone was completely different).

8 Likes

I agree totally as far as Creeping in my Soul, it was a great tone for the year.

Gravity Hurts definitely had a fitting theme for the year, I liked the way the lyrics kind of matched what they were actually doing.

I personally liked Bye Bye Babylon, some of their other songs didn’t come up to part with their Bionicle songs I agree, but I liked the rock vibe of Bye Bye Babylon, but that’s just me. I’d say they are a good band, and a great choice for the Bionicle songs.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Cryoshell music. It really helped set some dark undertones so that even the kids who watched the Barraki commercials could realize, something’s not entirly joyful here. They really remind me of that song with the WAKE ME UP INSIDE part. But gotta say Creeping in my Soul was great. If I was a millionaire I would fund a fan project of a 2006-2008 movie trilogy to bring those dark tones to life. Seriously, when I was a little kid during that time period I was really hoping for a deep dark emotional story with subliminal messaging and despair and such (Keep in mind I was a 4th grader by the turn of 08’)

4 Likes

You mean bring me to life by evanescence right?

1 Like

Creeping in My Soul is my favorite, I think. Followed closely by Bye Bye Babylon.

6 Likes

Cryoshell was the best quality band I’ve ever heard come from a toyline. XD

2 Likes

Y’now, I do believe nobody has mentioned Breakout…

3 Likes

Like all things Hero Factory related, it was okay, but not spectacular.

1 Like

Creeping in My Soul and Gravity Hurts were my favorite songs for their respective years.

1 Like