Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Ryko smiled. He holstered his pistols.
“Alright, then. Get off your pony and come down here.”
He unsheathed his sword.

Asher’s boots thumped down an ally towards his parents’ house. He swang around a corner, running right into his younger brother, Mark.
OOC:
Suprise, he has siblings!
IC:
“What are you doing out here?” Asher asked. Mark looked winded.
“Mom…Dad…captured…”
“What? Let’s go!”

IC:

Skieros started and then grinned as he heard the soft “tap tap” of feet coming down the stone stairs behind him. It would have been easy to miss if he wasn’t so used to people trying to sneak up on him. He waited a few moments before slinking around the other side of the barrels he hid behind.

A few moments later, as Sarah peeked around the barrels to see if Skieros was still there, she would be met by the barrel of a gun, and the point of a steel blade. “Hello,” He said, his voice quiet and threatening, “Were you looking for me?”

Jacques hopped down. “Even wizout my steed, I will win.” He boasts.

Sarah stopped dead in her tracks. “Er…” She stutters. “Just makin’ sure ye weren’t aimin’ at me kinsmens’ heads.” She says, her accent showing very clearly that she wasn’t Nikidian.

“Ha,” Ryko taunts. “Good luck with that.”
He spun his cutlass.

IC:

“Ah the famed Marsadan hospitality I see?” Skieros said, lowering his pistol but not his blade. He slowly holstered the gun. “If I didn’t know better I’d say you were in the middle of a war!” Skieros said, “After all, I am but a poor tourist.” He said with a wry grin.

His eyes lacked any hint of a smile as the grip tightened on his sword.

Jacques readies his blade forwards. “En guarde!” He says.

She chuckles nervously “Eh, more our tendency ta stick together.” She says, assessing the situation. “But if ye don’t mean to harm ma people, I’ll leave ye be.” She says, holstering her own gun as well, but leaving her hand there, more over the dagger sheathe than the holster.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. " Ryko drawls. “Let me kill you already.”

Jacques thrusted his blade at Ryko’s dominant side shoulder, turning sideways as he does, to minimize the part of his body that can be struck head on.

IC:

“Probably for the best” Skieros said, slowly sheathing his blade. “I don’t suppose you know a quick way down to the harbor?”

“North.” She said. “Probably better stick to the high roads though.” She warns. “Less fightin’ there.”

Ryko dodged and quickly switched his hands, using his left hand now.
He jabbed at Jaqcues and slashed across, before slipping his hand into his trench coat and bringing it out quickly.

Jacques would parry the jab and back away from the slash, going after the hand that just came out of his jacket with a stab. “Non.” He said. “No fighting dirty. Zis is a gentlemen’s duel.”

Ryko tossed the vial in the air and moved his hand away, before catching the vial.
“Just a little present.” he sneered. “Don’t get excited.”
He twirled his blade fancily, before jabbing twice.
(@runa)

Before he gets the chance, Jacques tries to slash into the vial as it falls through the air on his backswing, then takes a step back.

Sarah sighed as she walks back up to a higher path, glad she had averted the crisis.

By now, most forces were encroaching upon the center of the city, pushing the guards back.

The vial falls onto the ground and shatters. It sizzles as smoke rises from the acid.
"Wrong move, boy. " growled Ryko. He slashes at Jacques, before stepping forwards.

Jacques steps back, the slash nicking his nose. He then stabs forward with his blade, likely still having some residue of the acid on it. “You are one to call me boy.” He says. “Have you not learned to respect ze officiers in charge?”

"I was never one for authorities. " Ryko retorted. He dodged the blade and stabbed towards Jacques.

Jacques parries the blow and slashes up Ryko’s blade, hoping to lock together at the hilts for a close quarters struggle. “Zat explains a lot about a dirty fighter like yourself.” He says. “Now hurry zis up. Surrender now and I’ll make sure you live. We’re behind schedule and zis city will be ours before sundown anyways.”

Ryko lets him lock blades.
He smiled and pulled out a pistol.
“Yeah, no.”