Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

The soldier whimpered at the sight of the dagger.
“Please… I have a family!” He pleaded Sarah. His eyes were full of fear for his life.

In one, smooth move, Ryko holstered his pistols and twisted, dodging the bullets. He stood up straight, his eyes sparkling. He unsheathed his cutlass and walked into the group of soldiers, stabbing and slashing his way to the lead officer.

Jacques would kill several soldiers, before encountering a large, thick man who blocked his blade. The large man growled.

He would face him. He’d keep the blades locked and hopped off, trying to land on the man. “Vous voulez un combat, vous en aurez un!”

“And ye try to take mine!” She says, wavering slightly. “And me city! You shoulda thought about that!” She said, not yet striking.

The man sidestepped. “What?” He grunted. “Something about voodoos?”

The soldier’s eyes glistened as tears began to form.
“I’m sorry! I never wanted to hurt anybody! The army-they were going to take my farm!” He dropped his weapons. “Please! My wife, my children…”

Ryko continued attacking.

ooc: GTG

1 Like

She shakes, slashing at his palm to make it much harder for him to wield a sword, and backed away, running into an alley. “Ye weak daisy.” She cusses to herself.

Jacques doesn’t respond, instead thrusting his blade at the man’s chest.

A soldier came up to his left, swinging a blade at him, while another readies a bayonet to his barrel.

The man whimpers in pain. “T-thank you.” He whispers.

The man blocks again.
“Weakling.” He slashes at Jacques.

Ryko laughs, deflecting the blade and returning with a stab. He pulls out a pistol and fires at the soldier with a bayonet.

(@runa)

Jacques parries the blow and goes with a stab at the man’s forearm of the arm holding his blade.

The soldier is hit in the arm by the stab, but returns with one of his own.

The soldier with the bayonet was hit in the shoulder. He gasps in pain.

The man swiftly dodges and pulls out another sword, slashing with both blades.
Ryko blocked and holstered his gun. He returned with a slash and a swift stab.

Jacques steps back out of the way of the slash and sidesteps the stab to the outside of his assailant’s arm, slashing down at the wrist while doing so.

He makes an attempt not to show that the stab still caught his arm, it starting to bleed through his navy blue uniform.

The soldier stepped back, out of range of the sword, while the one with the bayonet ran up behind Ryko and stabbed.

It would seem that this group of guards was the only one holding, the other regiments of Nikidian forces having pushed forwards a decent ways.

The man roared as his hand fell to the ground. Hd drunkenly slashed at Jacques.

Ryko roared in pain and whirled around, punching towards the man.

Asher heard the sounds of gunfire and smelled gunpowder long before he saw Kenasa in the distance. His horse raced toward the city. As soon as he was in range, Asher grabbed his bow off his back and snatched an arrow from his horse’s saddle, and shot at a Nikidian soldier.

1 Like

Jacques sidestepped, barely missing, and slashes at the man’s kidney this time. “We’re behind ze estimated goal. You’ve kept us here long enough.” He tells.

Sarah starts going up some stairs to higher walkways of the city, the ones horses can’t go on, to try and find a good vantage point for the fight.

The soldier removes the bayonet from wherever he stabbed, the length of the musket barrel keeping the punch from landing. He seems surprised.

The unsuspecting soldier is fell, but his comrades are alerted to Asher’s presence, and two more turn to fire at him.

The man takes the stab and grunts. He slashes again.

Ryko turned around and loaded his pistol. “Where is the officer in charge?” He pointed it at the soldier.

Moenir watches the fighting, honestly unsure of what he should do.

A shot grazed Asher’s upper left arm, tearing his coat and making a shallow wound. He winced, fired off another arrow. His horse stumbled after getting hit, and he had to grab his quiver while sliding off his injured horse. He threw it over his back while racing towards his parents’ house to check on them.

“Je ne comprends pas!” The soldier tells him, hands up.

Jacques blocks with his blade and comes in with a kick between the legs.

A Marsadan guard looks at Moenir. “Are you going to help us or what?!” He asks.

“The officer. Your leader? Where is he?” Ryko snarled. He put the gun to the man’s head.

The man lets out a whine and clutches his groin, before passing out.

The soldier was able to dodge, but returned to the actual fight instead of chasing after this renegade civilian.

“Je ne compends pas!” He repeats to Ryko. “Je…not…comprends!” He says, trying his best to translate.

Jacques returns to his horse, which he caught just before it ran off, and led a small force of the troops further into the city, hoping to make up for lost time. “Dépêchez-vous!” He exclaims.

Ryko snarls and fires the gun, before reloading both and firing at Jacques.
“Oh, no ya don’t.” he called.
“Face me, or are ya a coward?”

IC:

Skieros, having watched the particular commotion cause by Ryko, slipped back into the alleyway he almost rushed headlong out of. he chuckled quietly in amusement as the man called out after the mounted Nikidian.

There was a voice in the back of his head, urging him to follow, just to see what would happen. It was hard to ignore. Preferring to remain hidden, he holstered his pistol but kept his sword in a reverse grip as he peeked around some barrels.

The bullet grazes right in front of his face, barely nicking his nose. He turns sharply to face him. He points his blade at him. “I will take ze challenge you give!” He said, turning his horse and calmly trotting over to him.

Sarah would see Skieros hiding, and assuming he was preparing a sneak attack on the Marsadans, loaded her flintlock and quietly crept down the nearest set of stairs, hoping to sneak up on him.