Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Haful leaves the safe house, and walks towards the center of the city, to a small in, where he checks in, and moves up to his room. He locked the door, and the went to sleep.

Kasie stepped forwards.
“I will, too.” She said, following Sarah.

Ryko watched the two walk off, then turned to Aina.
“Y’wouldn’t happen to have a table where I could do some work, would ya?”
@Jcton

Aina smiles,
“Thank you.”

“There’s a table in the kitchen.”

Moenir turns down a small alley, leaning against the wall. He was somewhere familiar, It was near the top of the city. Much of Dulhen rested on the seaside, some of it even extending into the oceans, however there was a portion that rested on the hillside, that overlooked much of the city. Moenir was there, he was in a small ally overlooking the city port. The bank that the Bear owned was at the very top of this hill, and he was fairly close to that area. His favorite area in this city was a small creek that ran down the city and the bridge that was over that creek. The bridge overlooked a significant portion of the city and had the most beautiful view during sunset, as the sun would fall into the seas.

Moenir had evidently found himself at this bridge. He heard heavy footsteps nearby. He turned seeing Blud. Blud comments,
“You really are my child…”

Moenir glares at him,
“What does that mean?”

Blud rests his hands on the bridges stone side,
“This was where I professed my love to your mother.”

Moenir snaps at him,
“Yet you left for about my entire life, never there for mom, or me!”

Blud retorts back,
“I’m a pirate! Half the time I’m getting chased by the Marsadians or the Nikidians. Every choice I’ve made has been to make sure you and your mother were safe from the life I had chosen. I was a pirate years before I met you or your mother.”

Ryko nodded.
“Thanks.”
He walked to the table in the kitchen, sitting down and removing the bag of something he had purchased earlier, setting it on the table. He brought out a small stand to hold several flasks, and he took out the vial with the black liquid.
“Here we go.” He muttered, wiping off a drip of nervous sweat.
He opened the bag to reveal midnight-black leaves. He took two out and dropped them into the vial, causing it to bubble and swirl.
“Come on… come on…” He muttered. The black solution cleared a little bit.
Ryko continued the process until the liquid was totally clear.

Sarah comes back with the bedding and starts laying it out where it should go.

2 Likes

Haful rose out of bed feeling refreshed. He got up, shouldered his pack, and headed to the where he thought he could find the aforementioned chef job.

Aina keeps an occasional eye on them as she worked on weaving a basket.

Moenir sighs,
“Then why did you even chase after mom anyways? You knew what you were getting her into. I would’ve been better-”

Blud presses his hand against Moenir’s mouth stopping him before he could say anything else.
“Boy. I am not saying either you or your mother is to blame. Love is the least rational thing in this world, I am at sea for so long, so letters would likely just be useless or dangerous to send to you and your mother. If someone found out a letter was from me and tracked to you two, then it was possible that they would take advantage out both of you. I was silent for so long to keep both of you safe, but now I seen that the nineteen years I was gone… now I see it was too long.”
The red headed pirate dropped his hand. He stood about a head and a half taller than his son. Blud nodded and looked at his son,
“Son I don’t want you to go down the same mistakes I made so long ago…”

Moenir sighs looking at the pirate,
“So what? You want me to forgive you or something?”

Blud shakes his head,
“No. Boy, I want you to want to forgive me. There is a difference. If you don’t forgive me from the heart then it was useless. That being said we shouldn’t worry your mother any longer.”

Moenir shakes his head,
“After all of this, you’re going to leave again… after the time you’ve spent with mom? You’ll leave again?”

Blud takes off his hat and lowers his head,
“Yes.”

Moenir snaps again,
“For WHAT?!”

Blud turns around place his cap on Moenir’s head,
“To fight the war and free a nation. Boy. I am going to fight that war and teach you how to be a man and a better man than I am. I am not lettering my boy go into war without my aid… or are you excused for planning to leave as well? Or are you some weak-back individual that will scamper off and reveal out plans to the enemy?”

Moenir looks at the ground,
“I’m not a traitor.”

Blud places his hands on Moenir’s shoulders,
“Then don’t act or look like one.”

He places his hand on his son’s back,
“It’s time to head back home.”

They begin to head back down the hill to their home.

Ryko put his supplies away and stood up, pushing the chair back in.
“Thank you.”
He said to Aina.

After finishing the beds, Sarah yawns. “It’s getting late. Is there anythin’ else ya need done?” She asked Aina. So that Runa might be able to try and keep the times in the two nations at roughly an equal place.

Aina nods,
“Yes… I suppose we’ll be needing a meal before we sleep, some dinner would certainly be nice.”

She puts her almost completed basket down,
“I’ll start on a nice filling soup. I’m sure with your journeys, the sea air must have been a bit nippy.”

Blud walks through the door, shortly followed by Moenir,
“We’re back and unharmed.”

Aina smiles,
“Maybe you two can spend some some quality father son time at some point.”

Moenir dryly comments,
“Maybe not so soon.”

“D’ya need help cookin’?” Sarah asked.

Aina smiles,
“Yes, some help would be very welcome.”

She gets out a rather large pot,
“If you want to prepare the vegetables, I’ll prepare the broth.”
She pointed to the various plants and roots hanging from the ceiling.

Moenir sits down and sniffs his ■■■■■,
"Alright, I’m heading to get washed up. He walks into the kitchen and grabs a bar of soap.
“Guessing I’ll need to fill it with water?”

Aina nods,
“Yes, you’ll need to fill it with water.”

Moenir grabs a pail and leaves the house,
“I’ll be at the well filling occasionally to fill the tub with water.”

She gets some down and grabs a knife, starting to chop up the plants.

Late in the night, Hans sleeps on the ground of Sean’s abode, while Sean continues to write the declaration for his people.

Aina finished the boiling broth and began to prepare the meat. Moenir could be seen outside the house carrying a pail to a separate part of the house, where the tub was located.

“Sliced or diced?” Sarah asks about the vegetables.

Aina thinks about,
“Diced.”
She salts the meat and ties it up, with herbs strapped to it.
Moenir could be see once again, this time with two pails. He left for the well again, likely to get more water for the tub.

Sarah takes the already sliced plants and starts to dice them, working the knife somewhat flashily, cutting up the vegetables easily.

Aina nods and plunks the meat into the broth,
“You can add the vegetables now.”

Moenir leaves for a third trip of filling the tub.

She does so, scooping up the vegetables and dropping them into the pot, putting the knife down and looking for a stirring spoon.

Aina stirs the soup,
“Now all we need to do is wait.”
She grabs the meat after about ten minutes and undoes the knots, releasing the straps. She cuts the meat and dumps it back into the soup with the herbs,
“Should take a few more minutes.”
She watches it then calls the time, dinner was ready. She stopped the fire underneath the pot and got her pot handles.
“Would you be a dear and set up the table, the dishes are in the cabinet over there.”
She points at the correct cabinet.