Decanonizing Phantom

Well, if that isn’t inspiration…

Project "Hero", logged progress
    Log date, 47/12/35/5050
After decades of preparing, project "Hero" is a go. A willing volunteer has been selected, however, due to the nature of these expirements, we will not be expirementing on him just yet. We have chosen a species of Rahi to test on, in order to make sure we don't accidentally kill our hopeful hero.
    Log date, 47/12/35/5050
After much debate, it has been agreed that this hero needs a "hero-y" name. As he is to be the hero to the so-called Nynrah Ghosts, we have elected to call him "Phantom." The volunteer seems to love this new name, and seems to insist everyone address him with it, even though he is not even a hero yet.

Unfortunately, there has been minimal progress on experimentation. The first Rahi we subjected to treatment got struck by lightning. Odd.

Log date, 48/12/35/5050
Success! The Gafna we've tested has confirmed increased strength and speed, and also shows limited flight. Further testing of abilities/side effects is pending.
    Log date, 48/12/35/5050
New update: it can turn invisible, seemingly at will. This was immensely unexpected. I am more excited then ever to see this applied to our volunteer.
    Log date, 49/12/35/5050
Okay... the Gafna grew large, sharp teeth. Not a great sign -- we'd like our hero to be noble-looking, not monstrous...
    Log date, 52/12/35/5050
It is with great sadness that I must admit that Project Phantom has been cancelled.

Apparently, there was much conflict with the higher-ups when the possibility of him turning invisible came out. People were concerned that, if we had an invisible hero, how would we know that the guy we saw was the same hero that saves people? The appearance of this “invisible hero” would be unknown, and some might suspect that the Phantom we saw was a phony. Personally, I say this logic is ridiculous, but the guys in charge are, well, in charge.

Log closed.

Note: I’m not trying to ridicule anyone on the Phantom topic; just making a meta joke about the whole situation.
5 Likes