Did You Ever Wonder...Why 6?

I vote because 6 is a small factor of 42.

Besides, Lihkan’s team had something like 14, and if you just mean the ‘main’ sets, i guess the Mahri have 5.

42, there is just something about that number…

Simple. Six is a perfect number.

I mean, technically ice is redundant because of water.

But then so is stone because of earth.

1 Like

Lego also follows this pattern in other themes. In Chima there were SIX original animals. In Ninjago there are now SIX ninja. I thinks It represents the main characters and the other powers/elements/animals are the side characters

1 Like

I don’t see that anywhere in the rules topic

Also I stand by my second most likely reason

1 Like

There was more than those Six elements if i am correct, i believe there was like sonics and magnetism and more.

1 Like

Yes, true. Which is what got me thinking.

I read something about this on BZP back in the good old days. Allegedly, Lego’s reasoning was that 4 or fewer would be too few, 5 is too “generic” a number, 7 is associated with perfection, which they either didn’t want or wanted to save for the Toa of Light, and 8 or more would be too many. But it was so long ago, I have no idea exactly where I saw this, and it’s probably gone anyway.

4 Likes

that’s racist.

3 Likes

Thank you. I like that someone else had noticed that we only need 4 basic mythological elements and that ice and stone are the same as water and earth. If you want a fifth element, then add plasma.

Myeeeh

At least it used to be?

I think the elements should’ve been more versatile. Water has Ice, Wind has Lightning, Fire has lava, Earth has any kind of mineral, etc.

Light is definitely good as its own element, but I don’t think there needs to be 2 more elements as filler. If they really wanted six main characters on a team, they should’ve just done it like Ninjago and had two main characters that weren’t necessarily on the team.

Also in my personal opinion, I don’t think it was a good idea to have six Toa on a team considering that about 2 of them got left out and never really had any development. COUGHCOUGHONUACOUGHCOUGHKONGUCOUGHCOUGHNUPARUCOUGHOUGH

2 Likes

Aᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪɴ ᴡᴇsᴛᴇʀɴ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ɪs ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ Eᴛʜᴇʀ.

Tʜᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟsᴏ ɢᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʜɪɴᴇsᴇ Mʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴜsᴇ Wᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ᴍᴇᴛᴀʟ.

Aʟsᴏ, ɪɴ ᴅᴇғᴇɴsᴇ ᴏғ Iᴄᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ɪᴛs ᴏᴡɴ ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ, ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ʟᴇss ᴀs ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ғʀᴏᴢᴇɴ H2O ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀs ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʟᴅ (ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀᴛ?).

4 Likes

Well, there are both toa of plantlife and iron

Ninjago begs to differ.

Oh wait, there are now six ninja…

…wow. Not just bonkle anymore.

4 Likes

Like I said above, 6 refers to the main characters with the powers

That’s the entire point of this topic. The question is: why is it always 6?

1 Like

Because that way you can get more diversity and money

1 Like

ey boss

nothing inappropriate.